Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 3d FPS Model Asset Pack (Now Available!)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Apr 6, 2011.

1. BHS

BHS

Hey Unity Members,

Updated, Now available on the Asset Store!

Get it here: Modern Props Model Pack

The FPS Unity Modern Model Pack is finally here!

New 3rd Person Shooter Example:

Due to many many requests I've finally released a FPS Model pack with 26 low poly modern fps models and entire Unity 3d scene to see them in action!

This comes with everything you need to make a fps or 3rd person shooter game!.

Everything is prefabed with the physics and colliders set up so you can place them directly into your fps projects!

All models are low poly

Screenshots:
    $Pic3.jpg
    $Pic9.jpg
    $Pic1.jpg
    $PIc8.jpg
    $Pic10.jpg

Updated 3rd Person Shooter Example:
    http://ikanimation.webs.com//FPS%20Example%202/WebPlayer.html

To Try Demo:
    http://ikanimation.webs.com//UnityFpsModelPack/WebPlayer.html

To Buy Go Here:
    https://www.the3dstudio.com/product_search.aspx?id_affiliate=373096&id_author=373096

What it comes with:

• 9 Different Metal Barrels
    • 2 Different Cement Barriers
    • 4 Different Crates
    • 1 Barricade
    • 1 Chain Link Fence
    • 1 Traffic Cone
    • 2 Different Metal Cargo Boxes
    • 2 Different Metal News Stands
    • 1 Wooden Pallet
    • 1 Street Light
    • 1 Telephone Pole
    • 1 Trash Bin
    • An entire scene set up where everything is prefabed with the physics and colliders set up so you can place them directly into your fps projects!
    That's 26 Professionally Modeled Low Poly Models

If you have any questions or suggestions, comment or PM me.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  2. BHS

BHS

More Screens:
    $Pic2.jpg
    $Pic4.jpg
    $Pic5.jpg
    $Pic6.jpg
    $Scene1.jpg

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  3. BHS

BHS

Any suggestions?

4. strobe

strobe

first post!
    Somehow the topic name makes me think of it as a package with guns, FPS hands or something like that

5. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

You wanted people to look at your thread, so ok.

Looks like another CCC pack (Cones, Crates and Containers) to me. Yes, I'm aware there's a few things that don't come under those, but the point is, that's what these packs get called, and pretty much all the same models everyone else makes. Maybe make something more unique, with models others don't have, so it stands out more?

6. BHS

BHS

Well it's a lot more than a CCC it's more of a modern model pack or street model pack. I call it FPS because it basically comes with everything that would be in a FPS game. I have made many unique model packs and that's made me a lot of $$ but I'm trying to change it up because people always say to make make modern models so I did. It should sell well I mean 26 model for $30 is a great deal on model websites these would go for $20 each which is what I sell them for and people buy them. That's why I don't get why people aren't flooding to the site to buy it...

7. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Moving thread to Assets section as it is not a Showcase piece.

8. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

This is my point, because chances are, the people who would buy it, wont, because they very likely already have the same types of objects from other packs they bought before. You even say yourself, your unique stuff sell more. So it sort of proves it.

9. BHS

BHS

No it doesn't prove anything. I've been asked by people for the longest time to make a modern model pack. My model packs always sell well because I'm a good modeler not because of the uniqueness. It might just take a little time for people to start looking for a model pack like this. I've noticed there's a lot of rpg games being made in the forums and I've sold a lot of medieval assets and rpg model packs. When people are ready to buy a model pack like this I'm sure I'll be the choice of others. Not to sound conceded or cocky but people always compliment my work and I always have great deals.

10. coin-god

coin-god

You don't need to be a great modeler to do this kind of models. Thats the problem.
    If you say you are a great modeler, do some cool stuff. Something unique.

Good luck with selling your work.

11. E2R_Carter

E2R_Carter

I guess it all depends upon if the unique models are what somebody wants a lot of time could be wasted on a statue of seal(?) if nobody is interested! Your more likely to get away with lesser quality as there is much less competition for a unique model than a 'typical' prop set such as barrels and what not.
    However doing a typical model pack, while more likely to generate interest and potential sales puts you in competition with a lot of other people with varying quality and size asset packs so its hard to judge really.

As for the models, while great there are some things you need to improve, the barrels for instance are somewhat monotonal you could vary them up a bit with a bit of collected rust in the corners and evidence perhaps of oil seeping out of the top with a corresponding spec map. I think you could probaly get away with removing the ridges in the middle and simply have them in your diffuse or normal map if you have one which would save a huge amount of tri's and allow you to further smooth out the overall silohuette.
    This applies to pretty much every asset I think, particuarly the pallet and crates meshes add more scuff marks, stencils and scratches make it look as if its been somewhere.

The shipping containers also looks like something you found on cgtextures and slapped on the mesh, give it more personality - add in the ridges and whatnot and start with a cleaner base to start overlaying details on. Its a box after all so you can afford to spend the tri's.

Hope this helps and I wasn't too harsh, with compliments you always have to expect some structured criticism : )

12. BHS

BHS

Should put this on the asset store? Do you think more people would buy it from there?

13. konkol

konkol

14. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

It can't hurt, probably just more sales. :)

15. On Point Studios

On Point Studios

I can make this stuff and I'm not all that good..Those are simple to make..The containers look like a box with just textures..but they are nice..but i wont buy it when there easy to make!!

16. BHS

BHS

@ On Point Studios Everyone says they can make stuff like this but no one ever does. Yeah some of them might be more simple modeling but there are some more complicated models like making a good looking low poly telephone pole. I've made my share of complicated models and model packs but this ones different. And just because they're easy models doesn't mean it's not time consuming it still takes a while to model every model.

For some people who can't model or who don't want to can buy this for $30 and have everything they need to have a great looking shooter game props wise. Most people can do stuff but that's why there are people like me because they can do stuff like this and release it to the public and make it easier for others.

17. nikko

nikko

If you call it FPS model pack, you need to had enemies, weapons, and main character. Otherwise, name it, "FPS game level" for example?

18. BHS

BHS

Updated, New 3rd Person Shooter Example:

19. On Point Studios

On Point Studios

I do agree with some of this. But why sale for $30 when anyone can get this stuff for free. Make them more detailed instead of a box with just textures. I'm not saying there bad. Just if it was me ill add more detail. Good luck.

20. On Point Studios

On Point Studios

I do agree with some of this. But why sale for $30 when anyone can get this stuff for free. Make them more detailed instead of a box with just textures. I'm not saying there bad. Just if it was me ill add more detail. Good luck.

21. BHS

BHS

Well that's what everyone keeps saying "it's just a box with a texture" thats 2 models everything else is not just standard shape. People can't get them for free and if they can there not that good.

On most modeling websites models sell for $15 to $20 a piece, my models come out to be exactly $1.15 each. You can't get much cheaper than that.

22. Andrew_atl

Andrew_atl

Well theses are basically just cubes and cylinders with low res textures, I suggest you push yourself to make better and more complex models to sell.

23. BHS

BHS

Once again not really. The textures themselves are actually high resolution. If I had made them really high it would have killed the frame rate. Some models resemble a simple shape because thats how some objects are. It's a model pack people are buying it so it's obviously wanted.

24. fallingbrickwork

fallingbrickwork

I wouldn't get too hung-up with all the comments, people are always going to find fault with something that someone else has done/made... especially when money is involved (and it doesn't matter how little money).

I think, maybe (and this is just my opinion), is that you always seem to initially post saying something along the lines of this asset pack is the best thing ever and without it your games will look S***e (ok, that was over the top but i think you get the drift). You then tend to bump your own threads telling us (again and again) just how good it is and how many people have bought it etc.

I guess there is a very fine line between marketing a product and pressing it onto people... the more you rave about it, the more people will be negative about it i guess. But I wouldn't get too worried. This is always the way people are when you are trying to sell stuff.

Maybe just put the packs you make out there to the community and take criticism a bit less personal. Like you say, people are buying so there must be a market out there for your models etc, and maybe ease off on the heavy sell a bit.

Best of luck with the sales,
    Matt.

25. Warrior1424

Warrior1424

Not trying to be mean but there are free versions of things just like this, like others were saying, some even better. These models aren't bad, but you need to make things that are hard to find. Before you make a model, search turbosquid and see how many of that model pop up. Then ask yourself "What can I do to make my model stand out? Can I do better and then sell at a better price? Do I have many variations? How much variety will this add to someones game?"

I've seen your work, and i know that you can make some amazing stuff. Try making like damaged variations or something. That would grab peoples' attention for sure. Try to think out of the box.

Good luck with your sales and you work in the future!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  26. BHS

BHS

@ fallingbrickwork I never meant to down anyone's projects. I'm just trying to sell my product. Yet everyone here takes offence to it or tries to prove me wrong which is typical with some the Unity community members (sorry but its true). Anyways I took off the things in the description that apparently making people criticizes my work.

@ Warrior1424 Yes, of course there's free stuff you there and just because there is doesn't mean you have to try to prove your point by posting it on my product page. Honestly those model aren't very good anyways everyone was saying how my textures weren't high res enough..the textures on some of those models belong in a Nintendo 64 game (mainly the barrels). All I'm saying is I don't mind constructive criticism but don't down my product or product page by posting free models on it. It's unprofessional and just not cool. I know you were trying to help? but I don't think this is the place to do so.

27. Warrior1424

Warrior1424

post edited

28. BHS

BHS

@ Warrior1424 Thanks

29. BHS

BHS

Updated, Now available on the Asset Store!

30. ali31

ali31

Yeah, all I see are a bunch of primitives.

31. BHS

BHS

Yes, that's just how some real world objects are shaped. I have models in the pack that aren't primitives like the 2 cement barriers, the barricade, the barrels (because they're not just cylindrical), and the light poles just to name some.

If you want look at my forest pack, my medieval pack, or my other product pages I don't just use primitives. I can model, but some models are just simple.

Just some of my models I've modeled that I grabbed real quick, all low poly: The first wooden house has 4, 5 stars on TS that's quite an accomplishment.
    $Model1.jpg
    $model2.jpg
    $model3.jpg
    $model5.jpg
    $model7.jpg

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  32. BHS

BHS

Lowered the price to $25 which is very reasonable for how much it comes with.