Search Unity

Introducing the uScript Visual Scripting Tool for Unity!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by uScript, Apr 6, 2011.

1. giyomu

giyomu

not again this old argument about "the elite" that prefer code in ASM ^^.

if you are coder and with a team that include game designer you may want code this kind of tools on daily basis, because a good coder is not obviously a good game designer...and vice versa.
    most of designer i know can script but they are visual people and work way much faster using such kind of tool.

many big really big game maker use those tool in various aspect of game creation just to separate task and let people work on their specificity.

what make me laugh is those "self called pros" that think they all time do best than any other poor guys out there...i don't think it is a pro attitude.
    an AI coder will design code and tool so designer can use that just easy as plug in value and branching stuff etc...

as for uScript the way it deal with generated code anyway may allow you to just pickup at it is or refine it to what you think is "best" to do.

as for branch node mess , well you are responsible for it anyway :)...same goes for code mess....^^

2. G-Rom84

G-Rom84

Never mind i just a bit nervous because of fear that suddenly and I will be able to code something probably with this tool. :D I always cautiously concern about all things which are new for me. Also afraid to fail even with all this node-based stuff.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  3. giyomu

giyomu

well that is a good things then if you can , at last you can convey your idea in a more concrete and visual way and not let hardcoder hide everything from you under a pile of "if(sh < hhju) blabla = tty;" ^^

4. uScript

uScript

5. mrgrey

mrgrey

(Im)patiently waiting ...

6. mahema

mahema

7. marcos

marcos

I was hoping that the song would be The Final Countdown, sir, you didn't disappoint hahaha

Pumped to give uScript a whirl!

8. zine92

zine92

3 hrs left to goooo.

9. huangyous

huangyous

When is the download link???The Countdown is over!!!

10. Ricko

Ricko

@huangyous: The Open Beta Download Link near the bottom of their main forum page worked for me.

11. uScript

uScript

The uScript Open Beta is now LIVE!

As I mentioned before, you can download the file on the uScript Community Forum under the links section (you must have a registered account on the forum to see the link).

12. tra2002

tra2002

So what price range are we looking at when this comes out of beta?

13. uScript

uScript

We will be making an announcement soon regarding the price of uScript. It will be competitively priced with other premium Unity editor tools in the Asset Store.

14. larvantholos

larvantholos

Finally open beta, YAY my productivity at work is about to drop dramaticly >.> <..<

15. zine92

zine92

Yes yes. Finally some testing to go. And feedbacks next. Thanks thanks.

16. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

I suggest for everybody to download this and give it a good whirl. I was very impressed during closed beta and I personally think it will have a bright future. I am not skilled when it comes to "code" but uScript allowed me to do a few things all by myself with ease. Sure, I still need help with more complex stuff but as with everything... you will have to learn and start somewhere (start with one problem at a time and keep it simple is my suggestion).

Thomas P.

17. WolfoX

WolfoX

So... Didn't you say there was not going to be there obscure DLLs required to use uScript?
    As far as I remember, you said it is a pure C# script pack, but in fact I see 2 DLLs in the package.

Will be the paid version fully open source?

18. jesseoffy

jesseoffy

Is anyone else getting an error upon importing the package that says "UnityEngine.Mathf does not contain definition for IsPowerOfTwo" coming from the script uScriptCon_IsPowerOfTwo.cs?

19. uScript

uScript

One of the DLLs is our uScript editor- that was never intended to be open. This file should never be distributed to others as it is the actual uScript tool itself.

The other DLL is there as a stub file until we can figure out a better way to work with Unity. You can read more about that on this page here:

uScript Runtime Folder

20. uScript

uScript

Are you using Unity v3.3? Please swing over to our uScript Community Forum and we can help you troubleshoot it.

21. WolfoX

WolfoX

I'm using Unity 3.3 and that error pops up here too.
    I must to say too uScript crashed Unity here sometimes already, when I hit the save button.

22. p6r

p6r

I have registered on your forum but i don't receive any activation e-mail... :(
    Could you hhelp me please ???

6R

23. uScript

uScript

I'll give it a shot! What is the user name you registered with?

24. p6r

p6r

p6r

thanks,
    6R

25. omgitsalexl

omgitsalexl

Downloading uScript now, looking forward to giving it a whirl!

26. uScript

uScript

I just told it to reactive. If you are still having trouble let me know. We'll get it fixed!

27. p6r

p6r

Nothing : no activation e-mail and impossible to login !?!
    Maybe it's better you activate it for me with the password and username !?!
    I can't wait to test it...

6R

28. uScript

uScript

I'll activate you as soon as I get to the office. Currently in a dentist chair. :)

29. Hans

Hans

LOL so thats were the profts are going :)

30. jeffro11

jeffro11

This is such a fantastic tool. Especially coming from Unreal this is a godsend for trivial tasks.

31. uScript

uScript

You should now be activated!

32. uScript

uScript

LOL, no profits yet! Just a lot of hard work and a free beta so far! ;)

33. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

Shut up and take my money please! :D

34. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hmm...now the beta is here and I don't know what to do with it o_O ...since I can't actually use it to continue developing my current app...

35. p6r

p6r

Yes... Thanks a lot ! I could download it...

6R

36. p6r

p6r

A little question :
    On one of your first videos (Youtube channel) we can see the Events "Global Events" -> On Game Start...
    I can't find it in the palettes !?!
    New system ?

For me the basics are very important and I wanted to know if youn have a tutorial showing (if possible ?) how to simply drag and drop an object with uScript (in 3 directions or in 2 directions -> XY plane, for example) ???
    I would like to know if it is easier or not to do that with uScript ???

6R

37. uScript

uScript

Glad to hear you made it on the forum ok!

For your question regarding "On Game Start". that was renamed to something more accurate (uScript Events). Read this thread for the details.

For your other questions, please post them over on the uScript forum and we'll give you a hand!

38. uScript

uScript

LOL, we wish we could! Soon!

39. IcyPeak

IcyPeak

Can you take mine yet? :p

Even though I write code, this looks like a very useful tool... I'm getting my bearings with it now to evaluate more fully but I'm impressed with what I see thus far :D. EDIT: I have posted somewhat more thorough thoughts on the uScript forum.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  40. p6r

p6r

OK ! Posted on the uScript forum...
    My first impressions of uScript are OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

6R

41. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

I am glad to see that so many people are quite happy with uScript. It's a great tool that should NOT be missed!

42. Ricko

Ricko

Thanks Thomas for the uScript article in the latest edition of Unity Creative!

43. uScript

uScript

Thanks Thomas!

44. uScript

uScript

uScript Beta 3 is now available! Head on over to the uScript Community Website to get it.

Video Tutorials
    We have also just posted two new video tutorials called "Using Instances" and "Setting Up A Trigger". You can watch them here: uScript Tutorials

Join Us!
    Lastly, we have had over 300 members join us in our open beta launch weekend and there is always room for more! If you haven't checked out uScript yet head on over and sign up! We welcome your feedback and suggestions!

45. uScript

uScript

One of the beta testers discovered that the "IsPowerOfTwo" error is coming from using an older build of Unity. Only 3.3.0f4 supports the IsPowerOfTwo command- 3.3.0f3 does not. We are looking into a system to warn users who may be using an older Unity build not compatible with a newer node.

As far as crashing goes, we have not received reports from other testers saying uScript is crashing or unstable beyond one OSX-only crash bug (this one). If your crashes were different (sounds it if it was on save) and you can reproduce them (or point us in the right direction to reproduce them) please let us know on the uScript forum ( http://uscript.net/forum ) we will happily look into them. It may also be a side effect of using an older build of Unity (v3.3.0f3) with uScript.

Cheers!

46. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

For those interested. I created a little "Ball Roller" example using uScript! It's really quit simple but might be of interest to new users. The logic in the example project makes the ball roll in all directions using A,S,W,D keys (force applied). Get it via the uScript example forum here:

http://www.uscript.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=20

Thomas P.

47. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

After looking at some of the videos and workings of uScript, I am a new designer and this would be a LIFE SAVER since I am more of an artist...i already have my eye on this... now question, could u make a tutorial on blending animations like the character transitioning from "Idle" to "Crouch", I would really love to see how that pans out... I've used a little bit of kismet, but I prefer Unity to work on my games :)

This and Playmaker are about to be best pals...

48. rmele09

rmele09

I can't figure out how to download the beta, any help or a direct link??

49. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

Register on the forum and download from the bottom of the forum page - that should do the trick.

http://www.uscript.net/forum/index.php

50. uScript

uScript