Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Shark

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by redcap_old, Apr 2, 2011.

1. redcap_old

redcap_old

It is an animated model of a shark, so if you are making an rpg and need to put some sharks in your evil villian's mote this model might interest you. If you are making a fishing or ocean adventure game with fish and octupi and the like, I doubt this model would interest you though; it was strictly designed to propigate castle motes.

It is only $24 on turbosquid, here is the link for more information.

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/games-swim-waters-3d-model/596187?referral=Porter.Nielsen

$Demo1.png

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  2. redcap_old

redcap_old

Here is a quick video just showing off the different angles if you are interested.

3. janpec

janpec

Very nice model and texture just animation has to be redone more dynamicaly.

4. redcap_old

redcap_old

janpec, thanks for the feedback. Any specific suggestions for the animations? I didn't really know how to make a swimming fish look dynamic; so any suggestions are welcome.

5. bumd198

bumd198

not only fixed swim speeds but some slow and faster swim animations

6. redcap_old

redcap_old

Yeah, bundled with the model are three swim speeds; cruise, fast, and really fast. So I think I have a more fluid animation and will post some shots later. :)

7. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Having done a few shark animations myself, I'd recommend you study a few videos (like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o81WIfjrt5I ) to give you a better idea how they swim in real life. I think the key is to remember that they use their tail to propel themselves forward, so the movement of the tail is the key. Not sure how many bones your rig has, but you might also need to add a few more to make it more realistic.

8. redcap_old

redcap_old

Bigkahuna, thanks for that. I didn't think that sharks were that exagerated when the swim; but sure enough they get their whol tail into even slight motions.

I uploaded a quick video showing some of the animations I have been working on and would appreciate any feedback. You guys have been great!

P.S. I made a mistake in the video where I said 4 different speeds were included, there are actually only 3.

Also another mistake is I said Great Whites primarily feed off of seal, and I know I am going to get all the marine biologists saying that isn't true. What I meant to say is they feed off large game such as seal occasionaly; whereas blue sharks primary feed off of taco salads. :)

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  9. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Dude, that's freaking awesome.

10. redcap_old

redcap_old