Unity Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Posts

Fluvio - Multiphysics Simulation [BETA]

Fluvio has been released on the Asset Store! New thread: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/952...Fluid-Dynamics

Our company is currently working on a Fluid Dynamics/Softbody/Multiphysics package for Unity. It has a Navier-Stokes solver, full integration with PhysX, several particle emitters, and adaptive support to keep frame rates up. Let me know what you guys think.

A demo can be found at:
    http://thinksquirrel.com/products/fluvio/demo

Current Features:
    • Incompressible/slightly compressible fluid dynamics
    • Liquids and gasses (fire, volumetric smoke)
    • Softbody dynamics
    • Sticky substances
    • Visualization/prefab rendering
    • Sphere, stream, mesh, and voxel-based emitters
    • Billboard rendering
    • Metaballs
    • Fluid interaction (think oil and water)
    • Procedural audio
    • iOS/Android support! (preliminary)
    Attached Images     
    Last edited by Thinksquirrel; 08-08-2011 at 08:48 PM.

2. Location
    Japan, San Francisco, London

3. Posts
    Haha, thanks guys. Uploaded a few images. Hopefully I will have some renderers soon =)

4. Location
    Arizona, US
    Can the softbody be animated through code procedurally and still retain its default shape? Anyhow everything looks amazing.

Edit: That may not have been the best way to ask my question its kinda late
    Last edited by starpaq; 03-30-2011 at 11:46 PM.

5. Posts
    Yes, starpaq, it can. You can also animate how the softbody forms (it doesn't have to emit all particles at once). I'll add that to the demo.

6. Posts
    Amazing work, very nice.
    I'm interesting about "fluid" simulation in Unity, would you maybe share this or a part of it?

7. Location
    The Netherlands
    Hot damn that sounds delicious, I'll be following this closely.

8. Location
    USA
    Fantastic work!!
    7Moose Games
    Creator of the Conversation Engine

VDC Madness - (RageSpline and Conversation Engine)

9. Posts
    Thanks for the feedback guys! Progress has been going pretty well - I'll start uploading the nightly builds again very soon.

I've got Fluvio running on iOS now, as well. As I am developing the package primarily for my multi-platform game, getting it to run well on all platforms is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by seb7000 View Post
    Amazing work, very nice.
    I'm interesting about "fluid" simulation in Unity, would you maybe share this or a part of it?
    Yes, I plan on sharing the full multiphysics package - I haven't decided on pricing or anything yet.

10. Posts
    Finally getting some time to work on Fluvio again - been busy with moving for the past month. So far it's looking like summer for an initial release. I'll get around to making some videos and more demos in the coming weeks as well.

11. Location
    Arizona, US
    I hope Amoebae is still in the works too. Really excited to see the outcome of it's development.

12. Posts
    Amoebae is definitely still in the works. I've finished the internal prototype (what the videos were from) as well as a huge amount of initial documentation and am currently seeking funding while creating the additional tools needed for the game (Fluvio being one of them). It's gone through a few changes and polish as far as what my vision for the project is, and I plan on releasing a lot of information soon on that as well.

13. Posts
    Updated the link to nightly builds, and added procedural sound/splashing =D

14. Posts
    Fluvio is ready for testing! If you want to test the beta before release, send visit http://thinksquirrel.com/article/fluvio-beta for more info.

Beta invites are running out! If you're interested in trying Fluvio for free, get in touch!
    Last edited by Thinksquirrel; 06-27-2011 at 06:06 PM.

15. Posts
    Getting closer to release - here's the changelog for Beta 4. Still accepting beta testers - send an email to beta@thinksquirrel.com or visit http://thinksquirrel.com/article/fluvio-beta for more information.

Demo link: http://sqr.li/ZkP

FLUVIO BETA 4

Huge changes!

- Most of the folder structure has changed. Please completely remove Fluvio before upgrading!

- Rewrote Fluid audio! Added an audio manager component in order to manage max number of streams and keep an even performance level across all platforms.

- Added a mobile-optimized scene. (not in the demo build)

- Created a new plugin system with helper methods - now it is easier to write plugins for Fluvio without messing with the existing codebase. This plugin architecture will continue to grow, until it becomes a feature-rich set of APIs that programmers can hook into. The community can also easily share contributed plugins.

16. Location
    32.71 N, 117.15 W
    Very cool! I'd love to give the beta a go. Will this work with different collider types, such as mesh colliders? Seems to run very nicely, even on my old Core Duo 2 Mac, how does it handle larger, more complex scenes?

17. Location
    Portugal
    this is awesome.
    I have sent you a message asking to test Fluvio Beta 4, could you please accept me.

I'm very interested in this tool.

18. Location
    Scotland
    Im presuming this will cost money to download when it is at the full release ?

19. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkahuna View Post
    Very cool! I'd love to give the beta a go. Will this work with different collider types, such as mesh colliders? Seems to run very nicely, even on my old Core Duo 2 Mac, how does it handle larger, more complex scenes?
    Fluvio will work with all different collider types =) As far as large, complex scenes - there are a lot of ways to optimize a Fluid, such as update speed, maximum number of interactions, etc. I also plan to include a plugin for baking non-interactive fluid in a future release.

Quote Originally Posted by CkSned View Post
    Im presuming this will cost money to download when it is at the full release ?
    Fluvio will cost money, yes. I haven't decided on a price point yet; I'll have more information on that by next week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast