Search Unity

XenoRaptor open beta (Top down shooter)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by DarthBenedict, Mar 30, 2011.

1. DarthBenedict

DarthBenedict

I've been working on this game for a while and feel like it's ready to show, let me know what you think.

XenoRaptor

By the way, after I play it it doesn't show up in the facebook 'games I've played' list - anyone know how to fix that?

2. niosop2

niosop2

Nicely done, looks and feels pretty good.

3. thegreyman1

thegreyman1

wow pretty cool. A little hard though, or maybe I'm just awful at games...

4. DarthBenedict

DarthBenedict

It is hard, mostly because I find it easier to tweak weapon balance when I'm having trouble with it. It's really hard to tell if a weapon is over/underpowered when you walk over everything either way. I'll make the learning curve a little smoother later on.

5. Blacklight

Blacklight

Could you post a non-facebook webplayer? It took two weeks to delete my account and I don't want to have to make another.

6. DarthBenedict

DarthBenedict

7. kinifioluss

kinifioluss

Great job! Maybe some more enemies would be nice. Also maybe a new way for changing weapons? During gameplay its sometimes hard to press numbers when your trying to survive.

8. ahmetDP_1

ahmetDP_1

why the hell do those links crash my browsers? What is wrong here, my browsers or the application?

9. Blacklight

Blacklight

That's actually really cool. The player reminds me of the Gunships from Half-Life 2.

10. DarthBenedict

DarthBenedict

@kinifi - Yeah, more enemies is a high priority. I'm currently working on multiplayer, though, so it'll be a while before any are ready to be played. As for weapon switching, would you prefer scrolling through primaries with the mousewheel?

@ahmet - No idea, haven't had it crash for anyone else I've showed it to. I have had problems running it fullscreen in firefox 4, if that gives you any clues. Can you provide a bit more detail on whats happening?

@Blacklight - Combine gunships were one of the inspirations.

11. DarthBenedict

DarthBenedict