I've been working on Ocean and Water since Blitz Basic. I decided to create an Ocean Shader that will work for Indie/Free version of Unity too. Here are some pictures of the result I get. Note: this shader is not a modification of the stock shader or from any other package, it is new and I did it from scratch.
(better seen in HD of course)
This shader can be used for any kind of water, here are the features:
- material on an
- no repetitive pattern
- can be used as any shape! (even animated rigidbody)
- can work from a basic plane primitive, uses almost no polygons
- underwater, the script switches from one shader to another, also a different skybox with its shader is given for the underwater.
- caustics (color, strenght)
- foam (but with no foam texture, the foam is generated by the shader)
- sun reflection on the water
- fresnel / refraction
- faked reflection
- displacement maps (the map is made from a basic bump map, the animation is generated real time by the shader)
- color of water, sun, etc.. can be changed from the inspector.