Unity Community

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Finland
    Revert to 4.2 SDK while waiting for a resolution. You can find the download from previous posts.

2. Location
    Santa Monica, CA USA

Tried reverting to to 4.2

Tried reverting to 4.2 but I got rejected, it did not generate a crash log for apple but crashed, and was rejected still,

3. Location
    Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
    @Zaba, I would assume that your app failed for some other reason (null variable references, most commonly). Because I bet many devs have submitted apps compiled with SDK 4.2 + XCode 3.2.5. Make sure you are using the Xcode that comes with SDK 4.2, as described by mantasp.

4. Location
    Chicago, IL
    This is a very frustrating problem, but I'm happy to come across this thread. Like other posters, I've tested and tested on multiple generations of iPhones/Pads/Pods and things run great, but Apple rejects it as detailed in the crash log below.

Maybe I'm just lacking expertise, but the stack trace information in the crash log may as well be in Greek :) At any rate, this would be much less frustrating if it were reproducible on my end.

For now, I'm going to try the recommended workaround of downloading XCode 3.2.5/SDK 4.2, set 4.2 as the target, rebuild and resubmit.

Incident Identifier: DC587272-BD67-444D-B5AD-C9B2C7EAAE23
    CrashReporter Key: 4cd7a26c40afa5f5b6dfc5ba2884bdd257f96f51
    Hardware Model: iPod4,1
    Process: FrogGame [510]
    Path: /var/mobile/Applications/729C1355-F023-4220-B539-6CBC2B8A22D5/FrogGame.app/FrogGame
    Identifier: FrogGame
    Version: ??? (???)
    Code Type: ARM (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [1]

Date/Time: 2011-04-26 12:01:26.301 -0700
    OS Version: iPhone OS 4.3.2 (8H7)
    Report Version: 104

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x7afd6768
    Crashed Thread: 0

Thread 0 name: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
    Thread 0 Crashed:
    0 FrogGame 0x00bc2084 0x1000 + 12324996
    1 FrogGame 0x00ae03bc 0x1000 + 11400124
    2 FrogGame 0x007745dc 0x1000 + 7812572
    3 FrogGame 0x00003fcc 0x1000 + 12236
    4 FrogGame 0x000028dc 0x1000 + 6364

Thread 0 crashed with ARM Thread State:
    r0: 0xdebf59da r1: 0xec3ef370 r2: 0xdebf59da r3: 0x00000000
    r4: 0x00d6c524 r5: 0x00018e03 r6: 0x00e17680 r7: 0x2fdffa68
    r8: 0x00bc1634 r9: 0x00000000 r10: 0x00000000 r11: 0x00000000
    ip: 0x00000000 sp: 0x2fdffa44 lr: 0xffffffff pc: 0x00bc2084
    cpsr: 0x80000010
    Update:

I also contacted Apple Developer Technical Support about this problem, namely the fact that I can't reproduce the crashes on any of my test devices. Here's Apple's advice:
    Apple is aware of this issue and is still investigating it. It's not yet clear exactly what is causing the problem, but it seems to be related to:
    (1) static armv6 libraries
    (2) iOS SDK 4.3
    (3) App Store submission

I can't recommend any other work-arounds, but as you said, several developers have had success using the Xcode 3.2.5 and iOS SDK 4.2 <https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/ios/ios_sdk_4.2__final/xcode_3.2.5_and_ios_sdk_4.2_final.dmg>

One thing you could do is file a bug at <http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/>. You might want to mention that it is a probably duplicate of rdar://problem/9231829. This will let engineering know that more people are running into the issue. It will also make it easier for you to track the status of the problem.

> Failing that, is there any difference in the way the review team tests
    > and installs that would explain these inconsistencies?

I am not aware of any differences in App Review's test environment that could be causing this issue.

The problem may be related to code-signing or the "ingestion" of the binary to the App Store. Unfortunately, I can't think of any way to simulate that on your end.

Normally what I recommend in these cases is to use Xcode 4's "Archive" feature. You can test an archived build by "Share…"-ing an ad-hoc signing with yourself; and finally submit *that exact same build* through the Organizer window. This rules out many issues related to the Debug or Release configurations being different in some way.

Unfortunately, the developers I've worked with have been unable to reproduce the crash by doing this.

If you are building with Xcode 3.2.5 and the iOS 4.2 SDK, you might want to triple-check that migrating your build-settings worked, and the app you submitted was actually built with the 4.2 SDK. To do this, find the "Info.plist" file inside your app bundle inside the Xcode archive, and check the value for the "DTSDKName" key (Developer Tools SDK Name) is "iphoneos4.2".
    Last edited by rainbow_lazer; 05-02-2011 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Updated info

5. Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Confirmed that resubmitting the App with 4.2 and XCode 3.2.5 worked and the app was approved.

6. Super Moderator
    Can those who had approve apps specify if they used universial builds or not (arm6 + 7) as this may be a major contributing cause.
    Currently working with Sony on our new
    PS4 and Vita game in Unity!

This post is not representative of Simian Squared Ltd

7. Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    We submitted this originally as an Arm7 only then our second submission we submitted as a arm6+arm7 when we built under SDK 4.2.

8. Posts
    My app was built with 4.2 & Xcode 3.2.5, arm6+arm7, accepted two days ago.

9. Posts
    After one month (!!!) of research I came across this forum (thanks to the help of an Apple Engineer) and after had my app rejected thousand of times, finally I used XCode 3.2.5 and the app in Distribution build has been accepted.
    Now I have to use XCode 4 (of course technology moves on and we have to do the same), so my question is:

How far is the next version of Unity3D that fix this problem and its compatible with XCode 4?

The problem relay in the FMOD. Al the crash logs points there.

A happy user of Unity 3D

10. Location
    Zürich, Switzerland
    how comes you used unity and didn't consider checking the unity boards first ...

11. Location
    Atlanta, GA
    How come Unity has not sent a notice to all of us that have an iPhone license?

Don't get me wrong, I love using Unity and I think the company is doing a wonderful job with their software. But as a paying customer, I would have like to have been told that there was a known issue that causes Unity to fail on submission for iOS 4.3.
    Randy Herring
    Unity Pro, iPhone Pro

12. Posts
    Has there been any issues with Xcode 3.2.6 ? or will apple accept apps made with unity using Xcode 3.2.6.

13. Unity Developer

Quote Originally Posted by gambit View Post
    Has there been any issues with Xcode 3.2.6 ? or will apple accept apps made with unity using Xcode 3.2.6.
    Xcode 3.2.6 comes with SDK 4.3 so it won't work.
    Mantas Puida
    Unity Technologies

14. Posts
    Hmmm well guess i will keep playing around till someone fixes it. i don't plan on putting anything on the apple store for a while, so hopefully it will be fixed by then.

15. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by randyherring View Post

Don't get me wrong, I love using Unity and I think the company is doing a wonderful job with their software. But as a paying customer, I would have like to have been told that there was a known issue that causes Unity to fail on submission for iOS 4.3.
    +1

It would be nice to have a Unity official communication about this.

16. Location
    Huntington Beach, CA, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego View Post
    +1

It would be nice to have a Unity official communication about this.
    At least, this topic should be made sticky, until it's resolved.

17. Location
    Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by technicat View Post
    At least, this topic should be made sticky, until it's resolved.
    Agree!!!

18. Posts
    I didnt check in the forums because I thought that the problem was on XCode side, means my fault!!!!!
    Which it wasn't!

19. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by randyherring View Post

I'm guessing everyone else just got the e-mail... it just showed up in my inbox. Hope this is resolved before I want to ship... I took the Xcode 4 plunge and don't want to have to go back.

20. Posts
    4 of our new apps have been waiting for 1 month or more, because of the Unity doesn't solve the compatibility with iOS 4.3.
    This delay it's a big loss for all of developers. Wasted time in spinning market.
    It'll be correct at least if Unity says a date when this problem will be solved.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast