Unity Community

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

1. Posts

[UnityWebCore]Unity3d plugin for embedding webpages/flash on WINDOWS is ready!

UnityWebCore plugin aims to embed webpages(html including flash videos or other flash applications) into Unity3d as texture on WINDOWS.

Following features are supported:
    • Mouse interaction fully supported, moving, scrolling and middle button utility just as common web browsers.
    • Mouse cursor changing via the content of webpage in hardware mode.
    • Keyboard input fully supported including receiving IME inputs.
    • Status callback during loading and showing webpage.
    • HTTP, HTTPS and local html following HTML4 standard are fully supported.
    • Higher performance via partly update each frame and multi-thread rendering.
    • Embedding flash into the webpage is fully supported.
    • Transparent background is fully supported.
    • Zoom In/Out the webpage view is supported.
    • Going forward, backward and refreshing the webpage are supported.
    • Executing javascript code or functions in html from Unity3d.
      And javascript in html can also call Unity3d callback functions.
      Code:  
      1.    // execute html javascript code from Unity3d C# code
      2.     public static extern void ExecuteJS(int webViewId, string javascript);    
      3.     // call javascript function in html from Unity3d C# code
      4.     public static void CallJS(int webViewId, string funcName, params  object[] arguments);  
      5.     // add Unity3d C# function callback, it can be called from javascript in html.
      6.     public static extern void AddJSCallback(int webViewId, string funcName, JSCallbackDelFunc func);

Limitations: The UnityWebCore plugin can only be used in Unity Windows Standalone applications.
    PS: Please read the readme file first before using this plugin.

Demo package download.

Project Source package download.
    Attached Images   
    Last edited by lubo3d; 05-20-2011 at 07:55 PM.

2. Location
    32.71 N, 117.15 W
    Cool! Would this work Google Maps by chance? Might have to just give this a test!

3. Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    WOWW!! This is amazing! Just checked it out! Thanks!

4. Posts
    Awesome job! A lot of people will be very thankful for this. You should put up a donate button somewhere, or add a menu item that links to a donate page, I'm sure some people would like to thank you for this with some cash.

5. Location
    Germany
    Hey,

Nice package, thank you for sharing! I just noticed a visual bug. When you run a movie on youtube and scroll only the flash video will scroll (tested in editor). As soon as the video left the visible area scrolling works again...

xad

Edit:
    It also seems that the custom hardware cursor is not resetted properly when stopping the simulation.
    Last edited by xadhoom; 03-24-2011 at 02:34 PM.

6. Posts
    Thanks xad for the testing. The two problems are fixed and the new packages are uploaded!

So have a try!

Quote Originally Posted by xadhoom View Post
    I just noticed a visual bug. When you run a movie on youtube and scroll only the flash video will scroll (tested in editor). As soon as the video left the visible area scrolling works again...

xad

Edit:
    It also seems that the custom hardware cursor is not resetted properly when stopping the simulation.

7. Location
    In a land of myth, and a time of magic, the destiny of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a..
    Sweet, now I can design my hud in html

8. Posts
    very nice work indeed.
    i tested a live video stream from the net through flash app and it also works, only the sound from the stream keeps coming in after i've stopped the scene. Maybe some thread that keeps running.

9. Location
    Sintra, Portugal

OSX Version

Any chance of this being made for us Unity OSX users?

10. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by appels View Post
    very nice work indeed.
    i tested a live video stream from the net through flash app and it also works, only the sound from the stream keeps coming in after i've stopped the scene. Maybe some thread that keeps running.

appels,

You can add some code in UnityWebView class to clean up the webivew after stop the Unity Game.
    void OnApplicationQuit()
    {
    UnityWebCore.DestroyView(m_TextureID);
    }

Also you can download the lastest package for the update.
    Thanks for the complain

11. Location
    In a land of myth, and a time of magic, the destiny of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a..
    What rendering engine does it use? The one in IE?

12. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 24pfilms View Post
    Any chance of this being made for us Unity OSX users?
    Currently we don't have the plan.
    In my mind, there might not be many users because OSX application should be convinient instead of extensible.

13. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dfxman1 View Post
    What rendering engine does it use? The one in IE?
    Webkit!

14. Posts
    wasn't realy complaining lol, it's a great tool.
    I'll grab the update.

15. Location
    Quote Originally Posted by lubo3d View Post
    Webkit!
    Then why isn't it on osx?

16. Posts
    yep that fixed it, thanks

17. Location
    I am where I am
    OH man that looks cool. One question though, I know it was not in you feature list but does other types of input work? Like mic, webcam, typing ect.

18. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    OH man that looks cool. One question though, I know it was not in you feature list but does other types of input work? Like mic, webcam, typing ect.
    King,

Actually this plugin embeds one web browser into Unity. So all the flash application which can run in common web browsers shall also work via this plugin.

So just go ahead to test your mic, webcam and other application...

19. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dfxman1 View Post
    Then why isn't it on osx?
    Yes, if we can hear more voice shouting for the osx version, we can make the plan!

20. Location
    Brisbane,Australia
    Good work. Very impressing
    -Cem-

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast