Search Unity

Announcement - Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by semaphore, Mar 22, 2011.

1. jesseoffy

jesseoffy

"Good artists copy, great ones steal" - Picasso. I know I criticized this game, perhaps one of the first on this thread, as being similar to Uncharted, but it is absurd to accuse him so vilely of ripping off the Uncharted series - tons of people copy, steal, or are inspired, and not only in the video game industry (I'm thinking of most of the great classical composers). I want to congratulate the makers of Unearthed for making a very artistically beautiful game and also for not fighting back to all the accusers here with nasty comments.

On your latest video I saw, the one that demonstrated the environments, I did notice certain shadows seemed to flicker, or bounce around. Keep up the work.

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Yeah use the stable fit feature of 3.4 to fix jumping shadows. And nice post, JesseOffy :)

3. semaphore

semaphore

The real issue we are facing now is gathering the positive criticism from within the noise. We do have a plan to differentiate the game from Uncharted and anything else but due to the episodic nature of the game we can't possibly introduce everything in the first episode. Remember, Unity is a great platform but it doesn't provide every single feature we need out of the box, we have to establish the game system and framework (agility and traversal, cover system, Cutscenes, AI etc...) and these take time just to get to the standard established by the AAA titles of the world.

Having said that, rest assured that we are working on this and we hope you will like our answer to these.

This is the first middle eastern developed story based multiplatform game since the days of the Atari 2600. If its worth doing, its worth doing right :D

4. mrbdrm

mrbdrm

why every one making a game here ( middle east ) say its the first ?
    how about www.quraishgame.com
    and www.underash.net
    they all from 2004 and up
    good luck with the game :)

5. semaphore

semaphore

@MRBDRM:

"multiplatform game", Quraish and Underash are PC only.

6. NomadKing

NomadKing

I'm not really going to go into the Uncharted comparison topic, that seems to have been done enough in this thread - all i will say is that perhaps a different name would have help avoid some of the more obvious comparisons. Yes, unearthed and uncharted are different words, but they are similar enough. Even just using the sub-title as the game name would have been pretty good - but of course don't go changing it now, it will look like your trying to 'hide' something :)

The game itself: Both the environment trailer and the still shots look very impressive, congratulations on those. From the random video that someone posted (the one with the ranting dude), the animations do look a little disconnected from the world - it would be a shame to lose the emersion that your nice environments provide because of this, but i'm sure thats something your already working on.

What sort of features are you planning for the episodic content? Just plot/story based or new gameplay mechanics?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  7. semaphore

semaphore

Hi all,

Today we present a new revamped website (www.unearthedgame.com) and with it a new gameplay teaser video of Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta:

8. semaphore

semaphore

today we are proud to announce support for 18 languages across all platforms that Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta will be released on. Of course Voiceover will be in both Arabic and English.

* Announcement Video:

* Language Selection Screen at startup:

* Supported Languages:
    Arabic, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese, Danish, Norwegian, Sweedish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Malay, Portoguese.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  9. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Woah, cool there is even Greek in there, that was unexpected.

10. semaphore

semaphore

I take that you are Greek then?

11. tuckdragon

tuckdragon

will there be any co-op ?

12. lassekukkonen

lassekukkonen

Any news when being released?

I am very interested in this game, looks nice. Is there going to be puzzles in game? I would like this game being more stealth-based, not some soldier army shooting you for 30mins! But eagerly waiting for this one, hope you guys can finish making this game, I know there are challenges and problems in modern game companies and publishing games. Good luck for the future!

P.S. One thing should be nice add - unlockables, that's one thing that make uncharted games so great(apart from graphics/story)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  13. semaphore

semaphore

Hi lassekukkonen,

The game is going to have a balance betweem puzzles, exploration and shooting (both cover based and on-rail).

Oh, and yes we have collectables and unlockable modes :) several of them actually

14. UnlimitedEdition

UnlimitedEdition

Awesome looking game. The graphics look great and I loved the Indiana Jones style map in the enviroment demo.

Good Luck, this looks sweet,
    Bennet

15. hoffo

hoffo

this game look amazing but i have some tips

1-make the animations look better and the graphics
    2-add lots of intense action scenes
    3-add some kind of slow motion
    4-make the characters look better

do this and the game will rock

16. Sollthar

Sollthar

1-make the animations look better and the graphics
    2-add lots of intense action scenes
    3-add some kind of slow motion
    4-make the characters look better

In other words: turn this into an run of the mill game for young hip teens. :)

17. hoffo

hoffo

maybe but still the characters need to look better did you see the video

ps.when will this be released

18. Artificial

Artificial

Looks really good.

And for the people complaining, this is not a uncharted rip.

Do you think all shooters are copying Call of duty? No. You have to start somewhere.

19. Duskling

Duskling

Not sure about it looking bad, but it is definetly an uncharted rip. Even the name and the character makes it obvious.

20. semaphore

semaphore

21. e-bonneville

e-bonneville

It really bums me out when people call a game a "rip" of another game (really? how many of those who say this have actually finished a game of their own?). Just because the theme is similar doesn't mean the game is a direct ripoff. And even if it is, so what? It still took effort, money, and time to make, and it's still a different game. In ten years everything will be a rip of something else. Nobody's calling Minecraft a ripoff of Infiniminer, even though Notch himself admitted that this was the case. What really matters is the quality of the game, and Unearthed doesn't look that bad at all. Keep up the good work!

22. semaphore

semaphore

Thanks e.bonneville,

Episode 2 of Unearthed is set to feature a mix of features that will clearly differentiate the game from others in the genre. We are working hard toward making this game a success story from the Middle East so that we can move to even bigger and better projects in the future.

23. Gametesters

Gametesters

Hello I just bought the game in PSN in PS3 in March 2017 from Spain account because is not available in the US. I like the Game but needs some work on and patches and updates to make the game Stable because at times it lags and one time my ps3 froze also needs to change the controls buttons a bit so it can be more better to use and play in my opinion, the story is not bad i like both characters the lady the hero guy, but if you make a.remake also.work.with other companies to help you fix the issues and lags that would be from good to best game if all those issues are fix. I don't feel happy when creators stop supporting the game because look like it just need bit of work if those issiues are fix the game will play smootly and people will be happy that is not a.prefinal completw game but a complete full game free of lags. Who ever make this game don't put it away put extra support, I wish you can help from other companies to help you resolved those small issues as a remaster version or newer version. I know is not easy to fix it but Great story i still playing the game. If you listen to the players you will have best game ever or if a.new one is make in the future aleast you have ideas from supported players.