Search Unity

Official What assets would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by caitlyn, Mar 18, 2011.

?

Which assets would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

1. Art Packages - Mobile/Web

24.0%
  2. Art Packages - Desktop

35.1%
  3. Complete Projects - Mobile/Web

18.0%
  4. Complete Projects - Desktop

23.5%
  5. Scripts/Script Packages

44.6%
  6. Extensions

36.9%
  7. Shaders

28.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

ebook list need to be created in unity assert store

2. AustinMxr1

AustinMxr1

Id like the asset store to not take 10 minutes to load a page.

aclee likes this.
  3. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

I think that's a good point about being able to change your asset presentation quickly and to have a proper full web page that you can devote to it with images and videos and other interactive elements like comments, webplayer, etc.. .. however to let you have free reign to upload whatever you want instantly without moderation is probably going to lead to a lot of junk and bad behavior?

4. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

What I would like to see in the asset store is the ability to change the price (and either it happens automatically) or you can actually choose something like itunes store where you can set price-tier, price effective date and price end tier (so when the "sale ends" it automatically goes back to original price -- rather than having to get it all done manually).

5. WendelinReich

WendelinReich

@Lazer_13 - I would definitely be interested. What I would like to see is a package that can be used for believable humanoid AI. It should include a lot of the stuff that *every* human being does, not just some human beings (like shooting for soldiers, zombie-walking for zombies etc.). It should be easy to use (clean, ideally looping animations). There is a _lot_ of stuff one could do here (get in touch with me if you like): a range of idle animations, scratching, looking around, displaying emotions, gestures, interacting with everyday objects (chairs, books etc., not just guns). /Wendelin

6. Broken-Toy

Broken-Toy

This. Again and again.

7. ColinBurke

ColinBurke

How do small, basic game projects/tutorials sound? Could have Pong, Breakout, Pacman, and more in JavaScript and C# with fully commented code and everything.

8. Distant_Temples

Distant_Temples

I would like to see a support rating system for assets. I have made a few purchases that were good in theory but when it comes to support it has been lacking. From bad documentation to authors not answer posts or emails. The star rating that is in place is far too general. Yes folks can leave a review but again this does not always focus on support.

In order for me to get a some what of a idea of the level of support offered for an asset I have to read through some lengthy threads. This can be helpful but it also serves to add a considerable amount of time to the search for the right asset.

I believe it could also add incentive to those who need to up their game when it come to documentation and support and reward those that take the time to offer great documentation and support. I would think this would also help out with the number of returns you have to deal with because a customer is unsatisfied with these issues.

I'm sure other aspects could also be included in a rating system to help folks make more informed purchases.

Also It would be kinda neat to see some replies from Unity in this thread. I have seen a few but when there is no reply to a post it kinda leaves ya feeling like your post floated off into space some where.

9. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

There also needs to be the ability to `prompt` a customer to come back and review the product, because without that nudge they are far less inclined.

10. Distant_Temples

Distant_Temples

Just keep floating, Just keep floating... :)

11. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

I would like to see how many people converted to unity4 and if its beter to upgrade the resources yet or leave them at 3. I did update my packages and it looks like it might have been a mistake as I havent got a sale in a good while -- although that could be something else.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  12. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

What about bundles or deals by one thing get the second 50% off or whatever.

Well I got another idea, what about being able to buy from the asset store with your current money in the asset store.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  13. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

14. squared55

squared55

Right now, the greatest need for me is environmental (sci-fi) props. There's tons of level kits that let you build out the outlines of a large level, but there are almost no railings, desks, or chairs.

15. bmackenzie

bmackenzie

Agreed, the are items that I would like to watch / follow as they progress in the asset store!

16. method72

method72

Hello all, I am currently working on a large asset packaged set of low poly Fantasy/Adventure items. , and thought this might be a good place to get some feedback/suggestions. (have modeled/textured about 25 props so far) (sorry no pic)

the goal is a package of about 100 low-poly fantasy/adventure style props, with custom painted textures.
    (price will be determined once the project if complete, but my goal is based around about 100 props for about $30.

All textures maps will be 512x512 .PNG and polys should be between 25-500 per item in .FBX format . The textures will all me made by hand in photoshop, with no external images (so no worries about copyright or licenesing, or that sort of thing if used in a commercial project) Realize these will not be world-of-warcraft quality, hand painted assets, as my skills in 2d art are not at that level. The goal here is a large,decent quality, useful collection of commonly themed props at a very reasonable price.

Below is a general list of items (not all items below will necessarly be included, but you get the idea of what i am going for)
    the type of items that can be used in a zelda style game, a dungeon adventure, an Issac style game, or a dungeon/fantasy platformer etc.

spike Mine-cart Ramp Coal Rail-track
    Anvil Top-hat Cork File Mill-stone
    Rope Chair Wagon Bowl Spoon Ham (with bone)
    Potato Peas Knife Napkin Tankard
    Spyglass Metal bar (gold/silver) Match
    Cauldron Firepit w/logs Archery-target
    Bow Coffin Door Cage Guillotine heart
    bomb key crate rock gold-coin silver-coin
    red-gem blue-gem green-gem yellow-gem
    torch red-potion blue-potion purple-potion
    book pouch treasure-chest open/closed
    barrel shield map compass star
    candle vase jar sword axe club
    boards nail bench table cup plate
    bucket wall-switch up/down floor-switch up/down
    bone floor-grate-cover stool spear
    gear chain lantern sundial hourglass
    tombstone pillar sign-post burlap-sack
    scroll feather mushroom horseshoe
    hammer stump arrow jug ladder log (there are others items i can't think of at the moment as well)

The reason i am posting here is that since i am still in the creation process of this package, i would love to get feed back on ideas for other props i may have not included on the list, that would be useful in this set. I have sold models on other sites, but this will be my first package i am building for the Unity store. Sorry no pics of the current project, but i can post a link to some other works of mine.

http://method72.webs.com/apps/photos/ - the 3d content in these links was not built with low-poly in mind, and was also created in Carrara8 Pro, but i have since that time migrated all my modeling skills to 3dsMAX. I am no expert, and my content will never be AAA quality, as i do have a full time job (unrelated to CG) this is only a hobby and what i do in my spare time, when work, life and family allow me the free time to do so. But that in mind, i like to try and keep the costs very low as well. Since I do this as a suppliment to income, it is not my main source, so i do not need to get top dollar out of of it, just a fair price for the effort invested.

If you feel this type of props package would be something of interest to you on the asset-store let me know,
    if you have other ideas of what i could add (realizing low poly) so no going to be doing characters or monsters etc.. as those are just a little out of my skill set for acomplishing within a timely manner.

I will continuing working on this project and hopefully will have it completed on a few more weeks, pending the time i can invest!

thanks

PS: do not hesitate to private message me with any suggestions/ideas.

17. Blaze_K

Blaze_K

I'm curious if there's any data/stats/polls etc out there about ratio of normal mapped unity projects versus diffuse only or hand painted?

18. sirenpro

sirenpro

Anyone know of any gui icon packs coming out or where to find them? I need dark fantasy, armors, spells etc. Nothing cartoony art style in the slightest, very dark and gritty

19. GBCFraser

GBCFraser

I'm making low-budget sci-fi RTS-style Squad Strategy. Every penny saved will count.

There is a flood of fantasy assets on the asset store, but I cannot seem to find any good scifi assets. Not for a space game, there are way too many free spaceships out there, but some paid scifi characters and some humanoid alien creatures would be nice.

I might have budget for a sci-fi gui skin in a month, no promises.

Modular easy to build-with sci-fi assets are good.

20. JohnCleese

JohnCleese

To help developers deliver the content you want, we've created a poll. Please take a moment to participate! Would you like something that is not listed? Please write about it in a reply!

21. Tom163

Tom163

Something I've been looking for several times over the years, both in the Asset Store and online, and never quite found it:

Assets for large-scale scenes. Think Crusader Kings II or Total War Campaign Maps or Heroes of Might Magic, etc. etc. - models of not one house, but a village, a town, a castle, a whole city, a bridge, a tower, etc. etc. - models of not one tree, but a group of trees or a small forest. A ship. Not one knight but a group of soldiers, etc. etc.

I'm finding myself in the need of a 3D map again and again, and I'd just love to put models instead of markers to show that there's a village here and a city there and a castle over here.

22. GBCFraser

GBCFraser

I'm still looking for a low poly aliens, and robots. I've seen a few which meet my needs and tight studio budget. But I would like to see whats out there. I would like to see more alien species. I'm guaranteeing you, I'm going to drop at least $50 or more on alien species in the next two months. They need to be animated with walk, idle, shoot, attack, melee at least. Modular shoot animations for replacing guns please, perhaps 4 textures for changing enemy types for games on a budget.

Alien species pack please!

There are very few anthromorphic characters out there, think Star Fox, think Kahjiit, think Space Bunny, think Disney. Its an entire genre. I would for example, pay up to a bill (CDN) for a GOOD space cat, space wolf, space bunny, or space fox species. Easy! I think there is a market for this waiting for the right 3D artists.

There are still very few modular player character packages. When players start high quality RPG games, they want to edit the face, eye color, body type, complexion armor. Is it possible more avatar elements in items marketed as Player Characters? I've seen $100 "primo" player characters with quality faces and animations, but lacking in modulairity. I've resorted to changing the tint on some of the textures at the moment.

There are some people who are using the assets for mechanamin. I think they would pay for some lip syncing elements, I'm not sure how well unity supports lip-syncing.

There are quite a few sci-fi props out there, some are meant for close ups in FPS, but I need good looking low poly far away props, which are going to be rendered with alot of other assets.

I've seen alot of spaceprops without any backlights. Power generators and control panels need to glow in the dark to look cool.

The sci-fi environments are great but could use a few more things. A space window is needed, and a space-opera style bridge props are needed. I've been having to do alot of work-arounds to make the props look good.

There are very few sci-fi weapons to replace character weapons with. The one's out there look cheesy, I wasn't looking for an 1950s "Atomic Spacenoids" game props. More phasers, less ray guns. Including appropriate particle effects to represent the gun's projectile is a bonus.

None of the Sci-Fi Gui's meet my needs.

Some people are trying to pawn off 5,000 polys like its great. Thats great if its the only enemy the player is fighting in the room and the game's environment is completely boring. 13,000 poly for a boss gearing towards high end machines. I'll never sell a game with a 13,000 poly enemy in Brazil, most of their computers can't handle it. There is alot of good looking low poly stuff out there, I'd love to see more.

I'm not too impressed by the inventory systems out there, and I'm reading user feedback on the assets, neither are they. Perhaps if they released a limited demo of what they have to entire. I've heard alot of complaints about these inventory systems, there is need for a better one. I have decided to build my own.

Some items look high quality but are overlooked because the developer doesn't have a forum thread, website link, or web-demo of the asset. I've had to track down some of the developers through google to ask them for tech support. The more legitimate you look, the more sales you'll get. The more game devs will pay.

23. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Do you want a Terrain/Level Editor Game Framework With Dialogue and AI hooks and works like this sample on mac and pc without even needing Unity installed?

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/181529-Axis-Game-Factory

We made AGF in UNITY PRO. I am sure we could save out the splat maps and object locations/translations/scale ect. and load them into Unity via plug-ins I could distribute in the asset store If it is OK with the Unity peeps. AGF also has Point and Click and WASD Third Person Controllers. I am planning on adding more.

Note: Much of the art in the demo came from the asset store. My game/tool does not have art in it that you can use. It does however let you create scenes for models and or prefabs that you can make or buy from the assets store. I can make a tool in unity that can swap your models out for the ones in my game or I can auto create models in Unity that you could swap out later. Models would be on the game objects volume.

Just a thought, Let me know what you think?

PS Yeah it has networking too.. Text and Voice Chat. Up to Four Players at the moment.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  24. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

I have already started development on what you are describing Caitlyn, Don't you remember our "great" :mad: meeting?

My project can be made to allow users to bring their own or asset store content into it. Art can NOT come out of my product. Nor is it set up to make an.exe from. A Unity editor version would be needed.

Below is a link to a playable of my project.. and NO, I am not reselling assets..

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wxgyj0ei47201tl/sobtGZHs8a

Video samples of AGF it in use.

We made AGF in UNITY PRO. I am sure we could save out the splat maps and object locations/translations/scale ect. and load them into Unity via plug-ins I could distribute in the asset store If it is OK with the Unity peeps. AGF also has Point and Click and WASD Third Person Controllers. I am planning on adding more.

Note: Much of the art in the demo came from the asset store. My game/tool does not have art in it that you can use. It does however let you create scenes for models and or prefabs that you can make or buy from the assets store. I can make a tool in unity that can swap your models out for the ones in my game or I can auto create models in Unity that you could swap out later. Models would be based on the game objects volume- cubes...

Just a thought, Let me know what you think?

PS Yeah it has networking too.. Text and Voice Chat. Up to Four Players at the moment.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  25. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

More videos of AGF...

26. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

It this what you are looking for? See attached link...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wxgyj0ei47201tl/sobtGZHs8a

Please download latest zip file for the mac and or the PC. If I can get enough people interested. I will make this tool available for all in Unity. We are currently working on a Terrain tiling system that will allow for unlimited terrain. My tool allow you to make complex custom models from smaller simple assets and mix and match them as you would like and use them over and over again.. Each custom object can be edited and every instance of that object will update automatically.. Try it out and let me know what you think.

27. caitlyn

caitlyn

I'm glad to see that you guys are out there and still at it. Thanks for keeping us posted!

28. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Thanks, I've been personally financing this for the past 6 months. I need to get some revenue generated.. Working on the user accounts, log-in, user tracking and drm stuff at the moment.

Please take a minute an try the demo. I'd be happy to set up a live Google hangout to give you and whoever for a tutorial. I also need to talk to you at some point about what we need to do to get my code available on the asset store. Importers, exporters plugins whatever is needed. I would love to set up all your asset developers with the code for free. It might be a great way for them to demo their content without sending the source data out.

29. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

When you say low poly what kind of poly count are you thinking? Do you also rigging and animation? I might have some art that may suit your needs for a project that was never released.. If I do I'll give it to you..

30. janpec

janpec

heavyh2o This is amazing! Where are you hiding this thing i havent seen any previews yet in WIP section.

31. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Thanks, I added it just late last week to WIPS . I wanted to get a solid playable on both mac and pc running before I went to Unity forums with it.

Here is the playlist of the videos that I have made documenting the entire development.

WIP thread... http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/181529-Axis-Game-Factory

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  32. RichardKain

RichardKain

I've been working on a little tool project, and I'd like to query this board to see if there is any interest in adding it to the Asset Store when its finished.

The tool I'm developing is a Lip-Sync importer/editor.

I had originally envisioned three phases for this project. The first phase involved gathering lip-sync information from an external program, importing it into Unity as TextAssets, and automating basic animations using that information. Phase two involved creating a basic script framework that would allow those lip-sync events to be treated as basic assets in the Unity IDE environment. Phase three is to create a custom editing window that would allow for the lip-sync instances to be previewed and provide basic editiing/tweaking.

At this point, I've made it through phase two twice, and am starting to dapple in phase three. (as well as further refine phases one and two) The current approach I'm using is focused on using user-defined functions for the results of each lip-sync action, as opposed to targeting a specific animation approach. I've used it in a test case with sprite-based animation, and had fairly satisfying results.

After searcing a bit, it just seemed like there was a fairly limited selection of plug-ins in the Asset Store for a low or no-cost Lip Syncing tool, so I thought there might be some demand for what I'm working on.

33. ShadowOfTheBeast

ShadowOfTheBeast

Right chaps I have heard what most of you have to say and it sounds good I will be putting up some character models ups male and female, medieval stuff and weapons systems as well as custom animations...please keep your requests coming also 3rd person environment for learning as well I have one built. Will revise and put it for those who are interested.

34. animan

animan

Please Help me...

On May 11, 2013, I submitted the program to the AssetStore.

Unity Asset Store package 'NGUI Depth Manager - 1.11' has been submitted for review (Case 541863)

It could be that the content of e-mail that I received during the three days or more in and waited.

Within three days thereafter, there was no change.

Told me so I ask you to find here and there, looked like damaged program submitted.

So, submit again, but this time as "Pending Review" in the "draft"'s changed.

Then again after 3 days, it did not change.

So again, do you submit a "draft", "Pending Review"'s changed.

Already 10 days have passed.

How long does it take to upload the program to the Asset Store?

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  35. aren372

aren372

10 days is normal, for me, the longest one took 15days.

36. animan

animan

Wow ..It's really long. T^T
    Thank aren372.

37. nipoco

nipoco

For me, it took no longer than a day so far. But I sell 3d models.
    It might be longer for third party plug-ins since they need more extensive testing I would assume.

38. ikelaiah

ikelaiah

What would I like to see in Assett Store? A custom wheel collider that uses Physics.SphereCast

39. chingwa

chingwa

I posted this in another thread here....

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/181420-I-had-to-refund-a-purchase/page6

...but thought I'd write it in here as well since UT actually started this thread. This is a list of things I would like to see from the Asset Store...

1. Transparency on refund requests/chargebacks from UT to the seller (prior to initiating refund)
    ideally this would include an email notification from UT to the seller that a refund has been requested, along with any relevant details. This not only serves to give the seller a chance to respond (say, a 2 day response window), but even if there is no problems with the refund request and everything is legit, this gives the author vital feedback on their product... which I think any responsible seller would take to heart. Currently this process is exclusively one-sided and shuts the asset author out completely.

2. Publicly stated policy on chargebacks, including a maximum cutoff date.
    I would think this timeframe would be limited to the 15 day grace period between the end of month and payment initiation from UT. Otherwise I have a hard time understanding what this grace period is used for if not for a refund period. Anytime I've had a problem with fraudulent charges on my own credit cards I've been notified within 1 day of the charge, and the entire issue is taken care of immediately. I see no reason to have any more than a 2 week grace period for these chargebacks / refunds.

3. Sales analytics and customer access
    There is no feedback from Unity as to who your customers are. I don't need names and emails, but its important to have customer data such as localization stats, Unity version usage stats, time of day/week sales comparisons, pageviews vs sales conversions etc. etc. It would also be great to have the buyer the option of "opting in" to news updates for the particular asset they are buying. This could be as simple as a "keep me informed" checkbox next to the asset.. emails could be sent out from the seller through UT in order to keep buyer information confidential.

4. Opportunities for visibility
    I would love to be able to opt-in to asset store sales, or at least know in advance (as a seller) that they are going to be happening. I've noticed my asset sales plummet when the store is running a promotion. This is somewhat expected, as buyer attention is diverted to specific items, but it is jarring to have a monthly-madness sale and have your sales percentages plummet for an entire month. As far as I can tell Unity promotions seem to be invitation only.
    In addition to Unity promotions, I think the rating system could be definitely improved. I've found only about 5% of my customers actually leave reviews and I'm sure this "review culture" on the store could be encouraged considerably. Having a "latest reviewed" section, or seller / buyer review stats would be one way to start.

5. More strict review process / Store organization
    I understand that some assets are very complicated and require a good amount of time to review. This is fine, and good, and the way it should be. It would be nice however to have some additional info during a long review process, such as a more detailed status update other then just "pending", or a specific review number that you can use to email the asset store for progress updates. Additionally there seems to be a developing glut of lower-quality assets in the store. I'm all for democratization of development, but at some point the mass of assets starts to weigh down the store and browsing becomes a chore... but perhaps this also is an issue with the store layout. Browsing should be an enjoyable experience, and an easy one. Cross-selling would be a good start... as a seller I'd hate to have competing packages displayed on my page, but as a buyer I would LOVE that. When buyer's are happy, ultimately, sellers will also be happy.

40. the_gnoblin

the_gnoblin

PUN extensions.
    For example: grid-like traffic optimization for self-hosted pun - so it would be possible to switch from cloud room based multiplayer (which is good) to a self-hosted server with a big location and traffic optimizations.

41. Terra_Ex

Terra_Ex

Some kind of wishlist / watch functionality for Asset Store assets. Many times something in the store will catch my eye but I'm not ready to make the leap at that time or maybe it's not right for the current project I'm working on, but I am interested enough to keep it on a shortlist so I can compare it with similar products at a later date or get it when it's on sale. Would make it a lot easier to evaluate/compare potential purchases imo.

42. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Usually I found that when there is a sale it means more eyeballs so it generates a few extra sales. I would like to see unity add complete projects - subcategory called complete projects because the most complete projects dont seem to sell all that well maybe having there own subcategory would help.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  43. Temporaro

Temporaro

I have mentioned this a bit too much on this forum, but I would buy the S*** out of an asset that would incorporate Box Projected Cubemapping shaders with wide funtionality.

Here is a video of what i'm talking about.

And here is a thread about the shader in action in Unity.

And here are some more details about how it works.

This shader already works, but it would be great if you could interpolate between different cubemaps, blur the cubemaps to lower mip levels based on an alpha mask, or to be able to "visually" edit the cubemap projection bounds and even rotate the projection.

It would be great if this shader would incorporate all the standard Unity shaders like DX11 tessellation for instance.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  44. UniteMage

UniteMage

Would like to buy a CITY BUS.

Specifications:
    It should have different textures with interiors for characters to get in and out. The bus should have a driver and a few animated characters (that never get off the bus), also the appropriate sounds.There should be at least several accessible seats for a major character either to sit or stand. This bus is fully functional. The quality should match the Urban Construction Pack by Quantum Theory. The entire rig should have between 7000 to 12000 trigs, fewer trigs the better... Will pay between $25 to $55.

Note: Details on bus (meshes) are separate so renderer can be turned off and on as appropriate.

CSDG

Example:
    http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/47548

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  45. SketchWork

SketchWork

We just finished our Time Controller (Pause/freeze, fast, slow mo, bullet-time, etc) which some people have been looking and asking about:

Time Controller Linky

Any questions please ask.

Justin

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  46. doomprodigy

doomprodigy

An Inventory System non MMO, Baulders Gate style. More like FF7 etc etc. Full screen. ORK has one, though. If thats all you want from it not point purchase.

47. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

I would like to see a rating system like the app store where it gives you a rating for all versions and a rating for the current version. Some of the comments are old and I actually fixed some of the problems but the users usually dont go back and rewrite them (they got no incentive to), so it means the comments dont reflect the current version (both good and bad), which is going to discourage developers from updating there projects.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  48. thomasmahler

thomasmahler

I'd finally like to see someone making a textbox plugin that just works. Tons and tons of games over the last 20+ years use text rendering in boxes with word wrapping, colored text, icon support within the text (to show button assignments, etc.) and so on, but it's still way too laborious to do this in unity.

Text in unity should support textbox alignment, colored text, icon support, word wrapping, background plates, etc. That'd be marvelous.

49. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

I was wandering if there is a some AAA tuts or example projects available and also there is a dx 11 separate tab(section in Asset Store) available.

50. mrbdrm

mrbdrm

Can someone add a better real time shadows for point lights and spot, The directional light shadow is good looking from unity and you can control the softness and the softness fade. but not the rest of light types.