Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom's Terrain Tools - updated and with AutoMagic

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tom163, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Tom163

Tom163

There is a new version of my Terrain Tools available with
    • performance improvements
    • better import/asset handling
    • a new feature called AutoMagic that generates full terrains with just a few clicks

You can see a video of the new feature in action here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsrDPGwqEKc

All other details are, as always, on the TTT website:
    http://lemuria.org/projects/wiki/TerrainTools2

I'm not much of a marketing type, but I dare say this will revolutionize the way you work with terrain. No more sculpting and painting in Unity. Throw the full power of specialized terrain generation tools such as Terragen, L3DT, World Machine, GeoControl, etc. at the problem and easily import the results into Unity.
    Oh, just because I can, there is plenty of example data included, several full terrains with all their source files as well as a selection of source maps so you can test the new AutoMagic feature right away.

The new version is a free upgrade for all who bought TTT v2.0 - you should have received an e-mail with upgrade instructions already.

Please feel free to ask any questions below, I'll be happy to answer them.

One that was already asked: Yes, I'll be putting this on the Asset Store, too. But it will be a while and I can not yet say how the pricing model will end up - the Asset Store does not support my "pick your own price" model, so I will have to come up with something else.

2. afalk

afalk

Okay this is quite simply put - outstanding and just leapt onto my must have list. Thank you for the heads up!

3. houndie

houndie

Oh my god man you have just made my day, my weekend and my life so much better with this update!!! You absolutely rock :)!!! I have been having some stumbling blocks with importing and automating the map creation portion with your tools and now I can stop hitting my head against a brick wall and instead open the door in front of me :)

4. superdave

superdave

Have to buy this. Thnx man.

5. Tom163

Tom163