Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

race AI new video + .exe to try

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by TiG, Mar 8, 2011.

1. TiG

TiG

Hi everyone,

I adapted my race AI scripts to the Car Tutorial. I am satisfied with the results. Also it is availbale as a .exe file for everyone to try. It is tested only in one computer and works very nice here. http://rapidshare.com/files/451644143/Ti_AI_racing.zip. There are a few points. First of all regarding the AI cars, they were not designed to handle bridges that cross the road, so they do not act good there, but they manage to pass. They may crash but they recover %95 of the time. Second, concerning the user car (irrelevant to the AI) the bridge and tunnel in car tutorial is made of seperate pieces of colliders and it seems the connection lines between the colliders makes the car behave strange. It can make you crash. Better pass those places with little throttle. Third the tutorial seems to instantiate the wheel colliders in the game, but my scripts need wheel colliders preset, so I removed the original car script, and lost the wheel animations, drag lines and lights. (acually the script could work with wheels instantiated in the game but it turned out tutorial does not use motorTorque , brake and steering, so I could not use it)
    The AI cars are subject to the same physics as the use car. They move with motorTorque , motorbrake and steering, i.e. no artificial forces, no cheat. They have same power, same tyres same weight etc.. With the best settings they were going very very fast, I could not catch them, so I reduced their power and now they so slower when they are in the front.(those are all adjustable)
    Check our website for future details http://www.ndsgn.com/software.htm You can now obtain the scripts with a liscencing type that suits you (we may form one type specially ofr you), and will be available on the asset store soon (asset store has only one type of liscence as far as I know) .

And the video:

for previous discussions please check http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/80135-race-AI

2. PolyMad

PolyMad

Very interesting :)
    Once you solve the bridges it will be great!

3. kiranmaya

kiranmaya

awsome work .

4. TiG

TiG

5. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

cant find in asset store

6. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

does not seem to be active download purchase link on asset store after i did find it.

7. TiG

TiG

Dear Adrenaline Crew,

As far as I see the purchase link seems to be active. Please check your Private Messages

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  8. bandingyue

bandingyue

It looks great,but I can not download it.

9. TiG

TiG

Dear bandingyue , thanks for your interest.
    The demo link seems to be broken. It is being sold at asset store link. I will prepare a new demo if I can spare some time.