Unity Community

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

1. Location
    United States
    Just a little update on the headlights. They now have better looking glows and actual beams like real ones do in fog.

2. Location
    United States
    Update on the street lamp fixtures and lighting techniques.

3. Location
    United States
    Removed the road bump map. It had basically no effect anyways and was just eating up resources. Btw, any tips on getting the framerate up? :/

4. Location
    Witney, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by carking1996 View Post
    Removed the road bump map. It had basically no effect anyways and was just eating up resources. Btw, any tips on getting the framerate up? :/

[img][/img]
    Are you usuing Unity Free?
    http://fishman92.carbonmade.com/ Portfolio
    @fishman92
    Need anything done? Great rates and speedy service. Contact me on skype @fishman.92.

5. Location
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman92 View Post
    Are you usuing Unity Free?
    Yes. So I cannot use deferred rendering, which sucks because that's how I could be able to use a heapload of lights..

6. Location
    東京
    One advice, you should really optimize your scene because i have a quite low framerate on my laptop. Maybe under 30 fps ?
    By viewing what's happen on the screen i should be able to see the content running at more than 200 fps IMHO.

You can hide a lot of elements that are far away, like street lights and stuff like that.
    By the way, does Occlusion Culling work on Unity Indie ?

7. Location
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jujunosuke View Post
    One advice, you should really optimize your scene because i have a quite low framerate on my laptop. Maybe under 30 fps ?
    By viewing what's happen on the screen i should be able to see the content running at more than 200 fps IMHO.

You can hide a lot of elements that are far away, like street lights and stuff like that.
    By the way, does Occlusion Culling work on Unity Indie ?
    1. I'm doing all I can for the rendering.
    2. I'm using indie with the MH2 Occlusion culling system.
    3. I don't know what else I can do for the frame-rate. I've optimized my scripts a lot and I still get a
    low frame rate.
    4. I'm also using the Indie Shadow system, which also eats away the framerate by normally 10 fps.

Any advice would be heavily appreciated.

Also.. Final roads completed!

8. Location
    United States
    First fully detailed building completed. It's nearly 10k tris but its GTA quality and will have lods.

Buildings modeled in Hexagon3D.

9. Location
    Witney, UK
    Would you be willing to pay for someone (that would be me) to do your GUI art? Not the scripting as such, but visually, to spruce it up a little?
    @fishman92
    Need anything done? Great rates and speedy service. Contact me on skype @fishman.92.

10. Location
    New York, NY
    I was deafened by the music.

It is WAY to loud.

11. Posts
    I couldn't find the "GO DRIVE" option at the select menu, took me a couple min. It kinda looks to just be part of the background. Other than that its looking good!

12. Location
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman92 View Post
    Would you be willing to pay for someone (that would be me) to do your GUI art? Not the scripting as such, but visually, to spruce it up a little?
    How much do you charge?

13. Location
    New Albany, Ohio
    1. I'm doing all I can for the rendering.
    2. I'm using indie with the MH2 Occlusion culling system.
    3. I don't know what else I can do for the frame-rate. I've optimized my scripts a lot and I still get a
    low frame rate.
    4. I'm also using the Indie Shadow system, which also eats away the framerate by normally 10 fps.

Any advice would be heavily appreciated.
    If you are using real-time shadows for the static stuff, that will waste your fps. You can use realtime shadows for the cars, but bake out lightmaps for the rest.

14. Location
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseMouse View Post
    If you are using real-time shadows for the static stuff, that will waste your fps. You can use realtime shadows for the cars, but bake out lightmaps for the rest.
    Problem is. I can't lightmap anything because there appears to be a problem when I try to that allows me not to lightmap anything.

15. Posts
    I used to think I had that problem too but I managed to fix it just by making sure that every single lightmappable asset had the right checkboxes in. Try it.

16. Location
    Witney, UK
    How much do you charge?
    Depends how much you need doing! PM me, and we could negotiate.
    @fishman92

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast