Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Medieval Model Collection

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Schlumpfsack, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

This package arrived on the Asset Store.
    models come with diffuse-map and normal map (1024 x 1024). maps can be reduced and it will still looks good/great ;)

Interactive-clothes that will move with you.

alternative wood-color-textureset:

Hope you like it.

2. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

So where do I download?

3. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

on the Asset Store in unity :)

4. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

Oh it's paid? That's a bummer

5. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

yep it is paid.
    took me some time to model and texture everything.
    you just have to drop the prefabs in your scene and everything works instantly.

40$ for everything.

Sorry that i can't give it away for free, but i need money for unity pro :( :)

6. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

no comments? not even criticism? :/

7. Draad

Draad

Well if you ask for ^^

Your pack is nice, but to me he is far from 40$ value, but that's just my mind. Just because of texture work. It is not realistic, and it's not styliused neither.With a 1024x1024 texture, I'm sure you can do better :). Texture away, models are nices to me, maybe some are not that optimized, (for exemple i see one plane on your wire screen so subdivised, you can easyli drop him to like 4-6 triangles.

I think this pack value is more around 10$-15$, but as I said, just my personal idea. For a 40$ you can try to work back on diffuses textures.

Anyway I'm not a buyer, I'm a 3D artist too. So what people will be ready to spend in your bulk, I don't know.

8. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

the plane you see sub-D'd is the fishnet for the interactive clothes, it has to be subdivised to work ;)

will think about the price. was searching on other 3d marketplaces and saw nothing like this and i saw even single pieces in that quality for 15€ ^^

thanks for the criticism :)

9. Draad

Draad

hehe i see why you subdivised then ! :)

Well all way of marketing have to be explored ! :) Good luck for your sale, will you put any other stuff soon?

10. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

maybe soon, depends on my job atm :)

i am working on a bigger project that should be usefull (hopefully) for many people but i don't want to say something because maybe i am not able to finish it ;)

11. DangerSnoot

DangerSnoot

I reckon $40 is about right personally. There's a lot of models there, and they're of a pretty good quality from what I can see. The pictures are a bit small for it to be fair to comment on the texture quality, but again I don't see anything wrong there either. The polys seem intelligently used, and I particularly like the small irregularities in the shape of the wood; they lend a lot of character to it without producing an unintentional cartooney feel. One small criticism is that perhaps the wood is a little desaturated. I know wood can actually be that grey-brown colour, so I guess it's largely down to taste. Still, I shouldn't complain, it's two minutes work to tweak the saturation however the user likes.

12. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

Reminds me of Guild Wars quality, and that game is still great fun and nice to look at even all these years on.

$40 is a good price.

The models I'm sure will look even better when used in decent scenes and things are lightmapped etc.

Textures could be dirtied up a little perhaps, and maybe more work put into their shaders.

13. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

price lowered 20$ :)

14. Hobbit9797

Hobbit9797

Hi
    das ist echt nen gutes Paket.
    Ich mag die Modelle wirklich sehr^^

Hi
    that is an really good pack.
    I like the models pretty much

15. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

These models are great. Maybe they aren't super detailed but you give a lot of stuff for $40 bux. IMO it's a shame you have to lower the price to $20.

Heck..will lowering the price to half double the sales? You'll have to wait and see :-[

Anyway, good luck with your sales! Keep them coming!

Cya!

16. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

Thanks for the nice comments.
    I lowered the price for the models, because i think they are just "standard" assets, so many people can use them and i know how less money indie-devs wanna spend ;)

17. Sollthar

Sollthar

Not a reason to dig ones own market by going cheaper and cheaper and cheaper for everything. 40 $ for that amount and quality of models is a great price imo, not just a good one. That's a two hour wage for a normal, average job and I seriously doubt those models took you 2 hours to make. If someone doesn't want to buy them, he shouldn't buy them and invest the hours it takes to come up with that kind of thing himself.

Anyways. Good work! If you ever have some sci fi assets, I'll get them. :)

18. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

thanks for the kind words and ...guess what i am working on atm ;)

19. Sollthar

Sollthar

Oh? Awesome! :)

20. arteria

arteria

I think this pack is great value, and contains great looking assets. THe pack is definatally worth the price. It never really equates to doubling or trippiling sales by reducing packs to a very small price. A fair price, and if a customer is looking for those types of items secures a sale.

Keep up the good work, and i hope you sell lots

Steve, Arteria3d

21. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Very nice pack!

22. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

So...a few people bought this pack and i got not one single review. Would be nice if the people that bought the pack would write a short review in the asset store and rate it.
    It is always a nice feedback and i could gather informations for my next pack.

Thanks.

23. napster

napster

Very nice collection, your pack looks great !