Search Unity

Asset Store Content Creators Rejoice! Publisher Administration Backend now live!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by caitlyn, Mar 2, 2011.

1. caitlyn

caitlyn

Are you one of our Asset Store Content Providers?

You can now check your sales and download figures online, right here:

https://assetstore.unity3d.com/

(thank heavens!) :D

2. Draad

Draad

WROWWWWWWW !

Thanks Caitlyn ! :)

3. MatthewJCollins

MatthewJCollins

Fantastic!

4. Draad

Draad

I dunno if it's possible but it could be nice to see what are the most used keywords in A.S., to know what people is looking for.

5. 3dDude

3dDude

Awesome!!!

I was blown away when I found out how many sales I got!!!!

6. Acumen

Acumen

Well how much :eek:
    Is it worth stopping by your house ?

I accept PM-bragging too :D

7. 3dDude

3dDude

Well, its not That much but more then I thought I would get :p
    I made 15 sales on the fire pack and 2 on the water pack!!!!

8. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I try to connect to my account ... and no way i have errors on the page and just can't log in ... Don't know what i'm doing wrong ... It would be nice too to be able to check our sales on the asset store from within unity 3D editor. If someone encountered the same problem as me , please tell me how to fix this . Thanks in advance

9. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

well, i fix this problem using another web browser ... And what a shame !!!! i was told by email about 10 days ago i had about 3 sales of my skeleton knight. And here i don't see any revenue for this !!!! my asset has been erased from the database about 10 days ago when i wanted to raise its price ( just a description update !!! ) Here you've got my money !!! well 3 x 25 dollars, maybe there were others who bought it before the problem ... ( before i wanted to raise the price ). I consider myself being stolen by the asset store !!! where are my revenue !!! did it disappear the same as my asset ???!!!!! There are about 3 persons in the place who bought this feature, you've got 100% of this revenue !!!! and the purchaser 's got his asset !!! WHERE IS MY MONEY !!!! ???? A SHAME !!!!!!!!!!

10. CallToAdventure

CallToAdventure

Working just fine. Good job!

11. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Please, those who bought this asset ( skeleton knight ), leave a message here to tell i'm not mad... You are three or maybe one or two more.... Thanks in advance.

12. Draad

Draad

@ Rosor lolo calm down man, I'm not an unity teamate but just calm yourself, there is maybe just a bug or something like. I saw you can choose month you want see on the publisher administrator, but for me it's locked at Mars, maybe your sale were in febuary that can explain why you see 0. Anyway I don't think insulting Unity team is a good thing, just e-mail them and explain your problem with calm, after all this tool just came, it can have some bugs.

13. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@draad : i already see the mounth you can choose and i'm not locked to march, others mentionned they had sales appearing in february. I know it's just for some money ... But if there are others like me ( and that have much more sales , well hope for them ) what happen to them too ???? I already sent an email to the asset store, i hope there are some informations about that that have not been wiped / erased during a bug or i don't know .... But here, i calmed down .... Lol hope it'll help others who may have encountered the same problem.... ( well, i know nothing help when you're a bit angry ....)

14. caitlyn

caitlyn

Hi Rosor, looks like it was just a database problem-- we'll get you set up! We're in the middle of the very busy San Francisco Game Developer's Conference, which is taking up a lot of our time, so we're a bit slower than usual to reply. But don't worry, you'll be paid and we'll update the database with your skeleton knight.

15. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@Caitlyn : thanks a lot ...

16. Draad

Draad

@ rosor Hehe, happy for you :)

17. ScienceFiction

ScienceFiction

Looks like i might be having the same issue as rosor, but I'm not 100% on whether I've made a single sale or not in the past week.
    Buy Rainscape! More features are coming next week!

18. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

I only just saw this post today!

Just logged in, thank you so much for this facility, great stuff!!! :D

19. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Hi Caitlyn,

I can't see the number of downloads of SSE from before April. Is there a way to see previous months?

20. caitlyn

caitlyn

Hiya Stramit,

Sorry about that-- right it's not yet there. However the ability to see them will be coming soon!

Cheers

Caitlyn

21. Draad

Draad

Just to let Unity team know here is trouble with this link when using Internet Explorer, page as errors.

22. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

the same for me. That's why i installed chrome only in purpose to check my account. I first thought it was because of a window 7 protection ... but after tweaking interenet explorer options i decided to test with another browser.

23. andeeeee

andeeeee

A bug report was submitted internally for this problem and it is now being investigated.

24. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

well... i've just tried it 2 mn ago. And it seems to work fine now ! Nice ...

25. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Hey, it should have a forgot password? feature... y'know, it could be useful to some people..

oh hay! guys if you can't login and don't know why, try loging in with the email as login name!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  26. Rafes

Rafes

I just noticed a new "Payout" option:

"Paypal (FREE transactions, No minimum transfer, Monthly transfers)"

(Bold is not mine either!)

Awesome!!

Has anyone used Paypal to receive payouts yet? I am in the process of opening a personal account and I am hoping I can receive these transfers for free.

EDIT: Ummm... I think this is new, so when they announce it, act REALLY surprised...'k? :D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  27. CoatlGames

CoatlGames

i am really surprised!!.. and really glad that finally monthly transfers are available!! and with no minimum.. yay!

28. Bugfoot

Bugfoot

Great news about the monthly paypal payment option!

I have a couple feature requests for the asset store publisher backend:
    - ability to notify users of new updates (maybe something similar to App Store?)
    - an option for users to be contacted by email if they wish to
    - allow top selling packages to have their own sub-section on the official unity forums. This would be extremely handy for support and announcements, and convenient for users too.
    - allow people to see package reviews from the website version of the asset store
    - a graph or log of sells on a day-to-day basis

29. CoatlGames

CoatlGames

i second the first 2 feature requests above, notify users of new updates and a way to contact them if they wish to

30. CorruptedHeart

CorruptedHeart

It would be nice to be able to see where an asset is in the queue to be reviewed. Perhaps it can be added to the pending tab?

Regards,
    Garth

31. head77x

head77x

Hi~ Caitlyn.

I'm in China. I try to connect to 'http://assetstore.unity3d.com'. But, I cannot open that page.

I already try to do this many another place...

Can you tell me why I cannot open that page in China??? Is it blocked in China? or exists any other reasons???

Thanks...

32. CorruptedHeart

CorruptedHeart

33. smiljan66

smiljan66

The people who dont have paypal can be payed too? insted having a bank acocunt?

34. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

There's an option to use a wire transfer.

--Eric

35. CorruptedHeart

CorruptedHeart

I wonder if it would be possible for Unity's Asset Store team to add some sort of monthly graph of purchases/downloads for assets? It would be nice to see how the growth of sales is between months and so forth.

36. Yannic

Yannic

Where ca I see why my package was declined?

37. CorruptedHeart

CorruptedHeart

Usually they send you an email saying why

38. Yannic

Yannic

They havent done yet and its a week ago. :(

39. caitlyn

caitlyn

Hi there Yannic,

It is indeed our policy to explain when packages are declined. Sorry, this must have fallen through the cracks. Would you email me directly, caitlyn@unity3d.com, with the name of the package?

40. Yannic

Yannic

Made it.Thank you! :)

41. kootenay

kootenay

Caitlyn - really great work on the asset store, many thanks for leading this! :) I enjoy watching the sales come in on my Ski Game Starter Kit - more addictive than coffee! :) Just a quick question... how often do you update sales? I see my report only goes to Feb 24th. Thanks.
    Chris

42. frontakk

frontakk

Me, too.
    My asset sales update stoped at Feb 23th.

43. keely

keely

Same here. I've been getting one sale per day for almost a year now, but now 23th - 28th was all zero. I got one sale today (29th). I think the store was down quite a bit on that time period, which could explain it.

44. caitlyn

caitlyn

Howdy guys,

Hmm... I'm not aware of any significant downtime of the store at that time, I think it might have just been a slow week for a few of you, although we did perform some updates to the back-end which ~might~ have had some impact. One of our head engineers will be having a look to see (and should be able to provide you with more precise info on the sales log update frequency).

Cheers

45. kootenay

kootenay

Thanks for the reply Caitlin. The strange thing is that the report shows February ends on the 24th, vs the 29th - so given 3 of us had the same issue (or noticed it)... I'm guessing it's a backend issue... just sayin. :)

46. keely

keely

The "last" column refers to the date you last had a sale, not the end of the month.

47. keely

keely

I just got a bit worried since you guys seemed to have some issues/updates, there were some downtime and at suddenly I got no sales. Slow week is still the most likely explanation.

48. Thomas-K989

Thomas-K989

Unity Technologies

Sales in the Asset Store have in overall been pretty consistent for the last couple of weeks. The updates Caitlyn refers to have only impacted publishing packages to the Asset Store. It has not impacted the ability to buy packages.

You might just have had a couple of slow days. Keep in mind that the novelty of new packages often wears off, and sales will probably be higher for packages featured on the front page or in the hit lists. With a single (or double) digit number of sales the predictability of future sales is almost impossible.

49. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just to join in I saw the exact same no sale period, was doing over 2 a day for the last month then nothing for the period mentioned.

50. stefmen

stefmen

same here