Search Unity

race AI

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by TiG, Mar 1, 2011.

1. TiG

TiG

UPDATE:
    Hello everyone,

We have released the v2.0 of our Ti Racing AI at assetstore.
    It includes the Cop Mode that makes the AI cars chase your car and crash into you! Adds quite a fun.
    Also the Genetic Algorithm tweaking tool is included, it optimizes the parameters of the cars automatically. The setup of the AI cars is now much easier and does not require any understanding of which parameter does what.

Good news for exising customers, we have decided to release this package as an update to the old one, so you can get all of them by updating. Please accept this as a sign of gratitude.

Good news for new customers too :) the price did not change so you can buy the Ti Racing AI with improved functionality at the same price as before.

(Pleased note that this topic is now updated after one and a half year and most comments below are not applicable as the project has changed alot)

Here are some videos (New videos will come soon)

Cop Mode:

Regular AI:

GA tweaking:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  2. Knight12ify

Knight12ify

Looks nice. Is it free? You should release an advanced one, a basic one and a simple one.
    Advanced (Paid): Everything is set up.
    Basic (Paid): Not everything is set up, some models included.
    Simple (Free): Nothing is set up, only scripts included.

Good luck.

3. angel_m

angel_m

It looks very interesting but can you show an example with "real" physic vehicles, please?

4. kiranmaya

kiranmaya

i can't judge from this video,waiting for it's release

5. itech

itech

It's looks nice, but I assume you are using raycast for decision , and as I now raycasting are not good for optimization .

6. TiG

TiG

Thanks for comments everyone.
    Knight12ify it will not be free. Actually it would be a bit expensive, as it took a long time to develope. I was thinking of just releasing the scripts, but if a complete model would be more suitable I would consider that too.
    angel_m, the vehicles are real physics vehicles, they have proper wheel colliders etc. and are driven on those. I mean the AI does not cheat, it is subjetc to the same conditions as the players car. It drives by braking, steering, torque of the wheel collider.
    kiranmaya I may put a playable version of the script in action so people intersted can judge.
    itech Raycasts are not used, except for determining the car infront. First a human driver rides a car in the track, and a script collects data. Then the AI cars analyze that data to determine the way they drive. You can play with various variables to get the driving style you want. For instance you can set one car to push the limits to higher lateral G and drive more slidey, or you can make one drive faster in the straight, or one brake harder etc. just by changing one or two variables.

7. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

@2:15 they all bunch up... back to the drawling board if your looking for big money, anyone can do simple AI with waypoints that work better

8. ChrisPaulson

ChrisPaulson

Have you looked at opensteer for doing this sort of racing ai?

9. TiG

TiG

Thanks for comments again.
    Adrenaline Crew :D they all bunch up because I allow them to do. It is very easy to avoid that with chaning 1-2 variables. No going back to board. And in the video you can see they begin to dissolve. I believe AI should make accidents for the games to be more enjoyable. Doing AI with waypoints can be easy, however a race AI is not all about directions, in order the cars to drive in a realistic and enjoyable way, you need a solid physics and racing knowledge. It would be very hard otherwise.
    ChrisPaulson I preferred to write it from scratch as I want to control the underlying physics better.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  10. Knight12ify

Knight12ify

This will be succesful.

11. gamenut30111

gamenut30111

I agree with you TiG, AI has to make mistakes, otherwise there is no way to beat them. This looks like a very solid script pack, and if I were to make a racing game, and didn't like writing all my codes from scratch like you do, I would buy this, since it would save a lot of time.

12. TiG

TiG

Knight12ify and gamenut, thank you alot. You made my day.

Writing a race AI from scratch would take a few months, If you say your time costs around 2000 USD per months (very conservative) the AI will cost some 4000-5000 USD worth of your time. So paying 1/10 of that makes sense for me. And it is not just software knowlegde that is needed as I said before, you need a solid understaning of physics and racing dynamics.

13. DstruX

DstruX

I think it looks pretty good so far. I am def interested.

14. TiG

TiG

Thank you killsage, I will post a better demonstration of a more advanced version soon

15. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

Put up a nice web player and ull have my liot

16. TiG

TiG

17. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

i didnt know you were lookinf ro 300... that a bit overkill when we can all use scripts

18. Muzzn

Muzzn

Just a simple waypoints script ( you can find these for free) works so well that I don't want to spend $300 on an advanced AI script.
    In case anyone is wondering, I've spotted two AI scripts recently on the asset store. One was $200 - $300, the other $80, and they were both good enough for use in practically anyone's game.

19. TiG

TiG

Muzz5 if your game can work with a basic waypoint, than of course you do not need my AI. As you stated my script is quite a advanced one (physics control wise) and is intended for a rather realistic racing game.

20. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

looks like its worth about $50 to me at the most due to the poor quality of the demonstration video. I see some acid trip space snails moving slowly around and not power sliding, or reacting to the player in any great sense. I don't see them trying to overtake each other.

You may be proud of the system but it resembles old people in slow cars trying to get to car boot sales.

21. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

its the lazy river at water world

22. TiG

TiG

hippocoder please check https://rapidshare.com/files/458489477/Ti_AI_racing.zip and see how the AI works. In real game they drive so fast that I had to slow them down considerably to be able to catch them. The video above was taken months ago, when the AI was being developed. Check this one for a better feel of the recent state:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TiMuhendislik#p/a/u/0/BnbgP5cOfB0

23. PizzaGuy213

PizzaGuy213

It looks great!.. Except for one thing.. The car's don't drift?

24. TiG

TiG

ThomasQ thank you. The cars do drift, although not too much, but it is hard to recognize the drift as there is no skidmarks in my demo. It is possible to make AI cars more drifty, they apply more torque on corners and slide.

25. TiG

TiG

Update: Ti Racing AI v2.0 is now released with new functions, please check the first post.

26. douglaswalkers

douglaswalkers

Game artificial intelligence assign the method which is used in computer video game. This is one if the best racing game available for single player including some enemies.