Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

RPG-Starter-Package

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by DevionGames, Feb 26, 2011.

1. DevionGames

DevionGames

Okay the first 3 days the whole project costs only 20$ after that it will be for 30$ available. If you are interested please write me a pm, but before you do this read this: Info

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  2. DevionGames

DevionGames

3. DevionGames

DevionGames

Last day to get the project for 20$!

4. konedj

konedj

2 little errors :

Lumberjacking.cs(43,49): error CS0103: The name `RigidbodyConstraints' does not exist in the current context

Lumberjacking.cs(43,35): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Rigidbody' does not contain a definition for `constraints' and no extension method `constraints' of type `UnityEngine.Rigidbody' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Great package, i recomend it to everyone!!

5. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hmm i have no error there, have somebody else this error?

6 SELLS

The project costs 30$ now.

6. foxter888

foxter888

why don't you just post this project on the asset store?? i'll buy it if it's in there... besides people woudn't have errors buying it.

7. RonnyRulz

RonnyRulz

This is VERY cool.

Love how it is UO designed. That alone makes me want to buy it.

Amazing price as well!

However, I'm not sure yet as I need to build some of the rest of the game first.
    I will definitely keep an eye on this though!

8. DevionGames

DevionGames

I wrote a pm to konedj and he says :
    So you need the newest version of unity3.

it would cost 39$ if i put it on the asset store because of the 30%...also it is not allowed to upload models which you have downloaded on turbosquid or else where to the asset store but in this project there are some models which i have setup for equiping, using items and more.

9. JasonWIR

JasonWIR

I am really curious about the targeting system. Unity does not support traditional click to select targeting with collider triggers. The large colliders block everything in or behind them. How is targeting done here? If it is click to select how is mob agro triggered?

10. DevionGames

DevionGames

You can buy it and find it out :D

11. DevionGames

DevionGames

12. Afrokid001

Afrokid001

thanks, thats a cool inventory (ive been trying to make one for a while now), im coming across a problem tho, it keeps saying (with my items ive made being thrown out of the inventory) that "the thing you want to instantiate is null". what does that mean?

apart from that i love it!

13. DevionGames

DevionGames

Do you changed the prefab name in your scene? It must be the same as in your resources folder --->

14. Afrokid001

Afrokid001

cool, that would help :$ now it keeps spawning at 0.0.0 on my terrain, how do i make it drop at the feet of my character?

15. DevionGames

DevionGames

Change the line it the Character class where the item is instanciated to :

16. DevionGames

DevionGames

i got 3 pms how much the project costs. Here again it costs 30$. if you are intrested write me a pm and i will say you my email for paying with paypal, after you have payed, i will send you a link+password to downloadd the project.

regards
    Zerano

17. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

Well you shouldn't be selling something with other people's work in anyway, here there or anywhere else. Just remove the models you don't have the rights to sell from it, and put something basic in their place. Then you can sell it properly on the asset store. Because regardless of your reasoning for why you have them in there, if the authors find out, it's gonna be pretty hard for you to wiggle out of it.

18. DevionGames

DevionGames

I do not sell the models like i said in the first post!

19. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

I quoted you directly. Where you said, and I shall quote you again..

If they're included in it, then you're selling them. The fact you're forced to sell it in some shady way should have been your first clue. :p

Ok lets look at it this way shall we. How would you feel if I made a cube and sold that, which also happened to include your RPG Starter Package with it, but it's ok, I'm just selling the cube, not your RPG kit that's also included with it..

See my point?

I don't think you'd be too happy if I or someone else did that and stole your sales, would you? It's exactly the same thing.

20. DevionGames

DevionGames

No it is not the same thing, because all the models included in my pack are free for download. But i asked the modeler and waiting for the answer if i can include them or not.

21. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

Free for download doesn't mean free to sell though, and you should probably wait until you've heard back from the creators in question before selling with them already included. What happens if the guy says no its not ok.

22. DevionGames

DevionGames

23. MrSmive

MrSmive

Hi there, so i took a look back at my rpg pack thread and aparently i placed it under a Royalty Free licence, not my standard practise but works out for this pack as it has proberbly over 4000 dl on the varius places its avalible from, utalised in countless differnt projects, and a tutorial series.

So to put it simply you can make money using my rpg pack models, lucky bugger....

Don't forget you can donate to UrStudios by clicking the hotlink in my signiture.

Im also avalible for freelance work if you want to get some custom models made for your pack that would be unique.
    I work fast, cheap and have references from previus customers on the UnityForums.

Also the rpg pack models are .3ds format though this works fine with Unity with a 3d editor of some form installed it doesnt without and so the asset store doesnt like the format. U need to use FBX or OBJ if u intend to uttalise the asset store to sell the pack. There are some exceptions but for the most part OBJ and FBX only and there .3ds

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  24. franbon2005

franbon2005

Hey

Zerano i try to change the background of the inventory window but with the guilabel and gui data isn't easy have you a quick solution for ??

the rest of the project is perfect thanks !!

25. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

Well the link, and his reply below yours backs it up, so all I can say is I was wrong to stick my nose in, and I apologize for the knee jerk reaction, which while based on good intentions, would have perhaps been best done via PM. So I'm sorry for that too. :)

26. DevionGames

DevionGames

You have to play with these variables in the InventorySystem.cs:
    I can not say a good way, if i do not see the background. You can write me a pm with an image if you want... so i can see what exectly you want. The inventory is based on the slots in the background...

27. DevionGames

DevionGames

10 Sells

28. DevionGames

DevionGames

Here is the standard ThirdPersonController.js converted into C# maybe someone needs it. I needed some setups for the smartfoxserver2x so i have converted it...You can simply delete the error lines, because this are settings for the server...

Attached Files:

29. thelastowl

thelastowl

do you think you could also do a smartfox version as well which would have networked quests and items ect? it would be great if you did

30. sadow (not shadow)

sadow (not shadow)

rpg maker for unity? I like.
    (as in the rpg maker series , you know, rpg maker VX, XP, 2000, etc )

31. DevionGames

DevionGames

I am working on it but it will not be free...

32. franbon2005

franbon2005

hey

I have a little problem i can't equip my character
    when i drag the icon of my axe i have an error like that

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'GameObject' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
    Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.

when i take your axe that is the same have you an idee ?

i promise you a picture ....

Attached Files:

33. franbon2005

franbon2005

Bis repetita

i try the demo web player and with the human all is correct but with the other nothing (no shield no weapon)
    i think the only way for that equip /unequip works that is with "Your Player Character"
    i try today more than 7 hours with the all possibilities (guicore core inventory.. characterassets ) and nothing appear in the hand of the character (i create a gameobject on his hand but nothing )

i think you must try to test your script with an another character just for seen what goes wrong

good luck

34. DevionGames

DevionGames

You have to setup each charachter with the equipment and create for each character a prefab and attach them to the charachterasset...also setup the item in the itemmanager. i make a video...

35. Chub

Chub

Nice work if I was currently creating an RPG I would definitely buy it!

36. DevionGames

DevionGames

I hope this helps.

37. franbon2005

franbon2005

i don't understand why you don't script your 10 minutes manipulation do you imagine the time you need for 250 item in your game
    i think it is possible to write a sript for optimise this
    i begin my reserach now
    Thanks for that video

Francois

38. DevionGames

DevionGames

Because the items are not modeled for the character there are all in diffrent size, the local axis are not the same and so forth.
    If you have perfect models designed for the Character, you can simply use a script.

39. drewradley

drewradley

is there supposed to be any audio on that video? I heard some static early on but then it went all quiet.

40. franbon2005

franbon2005

i restart (10x times) your project

i try to create the dwarf but he fall under ???
    i try to change the script no more dwarf ???

i retry many thing with your start menu but too many errors

i need to know the script needed for the chararacter ....

When i delete the thirdpersoncontroller no character more !!!!
    where his the config in the begining ??
    where to add MY Character ??

Too many questions no answer !!!

Sorry

41. DevionGames

DevionGames

1. What do you mean with fall under?
    2. It is not a package like the uLink or Playmaker(i have only see the video), there is not for all Actions a button...
    3. I do not know what you have tried. Send me an example of what you have tried ---> Code
    4. You do something wrong this is the normal script from the CharacterController package
    5. Which config at the beginning? What do you want to setup?
    6. Well, you have to setup your Character, there are 3 examples on how to do it...

Sorry but how long do you working with unity, if it is your first project, then try to understand the basics first. You need a little bit knowledge about scripting, if you want to change something in the scripts...

I can not start modeling, open the programm and say "Where is the button for the ready Character"...i hope you understand it.

I will try to answer all of you questions, but i can not if your questions look like above.

I could do one in german or russian, but i can not speak good english.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  42. franbon2005

franbon2005

do you think that's normal when i delete the script " move with mouse " that your dwarf don't exist anymore ?

43. DevionGames

DevionGames

Is my english realy so bad, that you do not understand the post above?

I will try to give you the answer again. No this is not normal---->You do something wrong.

44. franbon2005

franbon2005

the last post for me to you

i work with unity from march 2009

i work with pascal c c++ basic dark basic cobol gap from now 23 years that 's all for today

thanks for your work and tchao

Francois

45. DevionGames

DevionGames

We could try to skype, if you want, and i will try to help you. Write me a pm...

46. drewradley

drewradley

It seems easy to follow along without audio. I was just making sure I wasn't missing anything.

edit: that video was very helpful. More like it please! :)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  47. DevionGames

DevionGames

Okay what do you want to see?

48. gszauer

gszauer

Standalone download link is broken, and the web build chrashed chrome :(

49. DevionGames

DevionGames

Ohh sorry i have to update the standalone and upload it again. I do not know chrome, i use firefox but i will test chrome!

Edit: standalone is uploaded.
    http://sigena.franken.de/~zerano/www/Zerano-Unity3d/RPG.7z

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  50. drewradley

drewradley

Not sure yet. the problem I'm currently having is trying to get it to play an different attack when the pc is standing still and one when moving. Or to mix the attack animation into the walk/run. Any suggestions on that?

edit: or better yet, get the attacks to stop when moving. and faces the monster when attacking.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011