Search Unity

RPG-Starter-Package

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by DevionGames, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Airmand

Airmand

Hey, Ive talked to Zerano but he said he no longer had the file for his mySQL save package for this game and was wondering if any of you have it if you could possibly email me a download for it. Appreciate it.

2. Parabellum

Parabellum

Okay so i am going to buy this, so say i buy it then you close down or something its not running off you think so it wouldnt work anymore right? cause i want to make sure i get it forever if i pay for it

3. DevionGames

DevionGames

You get this package for ever, my provier only lost the saveit kit(which was only limited for free) and i do not have a copy of it.

4. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

It does come with a ton of rpg stuff too now. I liked the built in editors. But you can make some realy fun stuff with it. I'm holding it for my second game witch will be single player fantsy-ish. Keep us posted I would like to see what others make with this kit.

5. Parabellum

Parabellum

Today i am going to be buying the RPG starter and MMO setup. as soon as i get back from the store in 30 minsdream wanna work with me? im buying the MMO and RPG

6. Parabellum

Parabellum

Hey, so i bought a green dot money pack, and they supposedly want me to give them my SSN and stuff which i am not going to do. so is there a way i can give you the code and have you credit it, while i watch on TV to make sure you do, then you give me the programs for MMO starter and the RPG package? idk what to do :(

7. Cryptnar

Cryptnar

Looks really good

8. Parabellum

Parabellum

i just bought the RPG starter pack and the MMO pack

9. DevionGames

DevionGames

Thanks!

10. Parabellum

Parabellum

no problem can you maybe make a video on how it all goes together? but yea i hope i can make all this work and make a successful RPG

11. DevionGames

DevionGames

All together? if you mean MMO Basic+ RPG-Starter-Package= Advanced Multiplayer Kit

It is not realy equal, but it is similiar. There is no such a video and i can not do it, because it is a lot of work! You have to rewrite 95% of the code.

12. Parabellum

Parabellum

Hey how do i add the invo to the FPC? like i took the inverntory script and added it to the character and nothing is showing up, nor with the HP and stuff

13. DevionGames

DevionGames

What is invo and what is FPC.

There is a full setup on the dwarf character.

14. Parabellum

Parabellum

lol when scene do i open to see how it was setup? cause the sunna one or whatever didnt show anything really and first person controller

15. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes first person controller add all scripts attached on that controller to your model, call the prefab the same as it is. Open the GameStart scene and hit play. Or you can choose the Dwarf in the StartGame scene to see how it is setup, there is a model and all scripts are also attached to it.

16. Parabellum

Parabellum

Okay thanks sir

17. Parabellum

Parabellum

ill pay you 5 USD to TV me and show me cause its not working

18. DevionGames

DevionGames

If someone uses a hotmail email, i have problems to reply the email, so if you use hotmail please pm me here or add me on skype tharon211.

Thanks zerano

19. airbender25

airbender25

I was wondering is there is a tutorial on how to use this package i bought this today thinking there was something to help me make this smoothly but there is nothing at all. i have all the assests and dont know how to use them it would help alot if you could help me with this thank you.

20. DevionGames

DevionGames

What kind of tutorial are you looking for?

21. Cyrus_Zei

Cyrus_Zei

how about combining the rpg kit and also make a fps kit ?

22. DevionGames

DevionGames

There are so many already great fps kits. Look at the asset store, there are realy great fps examples with nice models included. If you need something in Multiplayer direction there is also a bootcamp demo which runs great with photon(currently i do not know if it also runs with the photon standalone version and i have read somewhere, that the shooting collision check is not made on server side, maybe i am wrong). You can look at this kit http://zerano-unity3d.com/wp/?p=374 it has a shooting collision check.

If you need a basic photon setup to convert your fps(maybe from asset store) into multiplayer, let me know i can do that in a few hours with the standalone version of photon. I have all scripts already prepared for something like this.

regards zerano

23. Fenix3D

Fenix3D

this is soooo god :|

24. blubeetle

blubeetle

Is this really for free, or for your buyers only? I'm sorry if someone has already posted this before, but the download link always ask for a server's User Name and Password every single time. May I download this?

25. Jodash

Jodash

26. DevionGames

DevionGames

hi yes you do not need to pay money for it, but you have to regsiter at mz website, so it is not realy free(because of the registration time...)

This is a wrong link, i have a new site where i offer it: http://zerano-unity3d.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=9

27. DevionGames

DevionGames

28. kbrooker

kbrooker

Ok Everyone... I have been talking with Zerano since i bought his excellent Package. As it is no longer going to be developed, I asked if i could continue developing this package... Adding new Features, Making it a bit easier with gui editors and the like for all aspects of the game things like that. He agreed and we worked out an arrangement. As this is the case I am already working on the next release of the package which will feature among other features...
    Class/Profession system (At very least in its most basic form will be functional)
    Race Enhancements
    Specialized Items, Spells and Skills per race and class
    Other Tweaks and fixes
    Also a Full translation of anything still in german

As new features arise the price will undoubtedly rise but not too much As per the existing license Anyone who already purchased the package will recieve free updates with the new features and so forth

More info will be posted ASAP along with some new screenshots

29. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Great news!!!!

This package certanly was a great kit but to revamp it would take time away from his new multiplayer kit witch many dev's are waiting for. I look farward to seeing what you will do with it though. I'm sure many will be happy to see it in its new stage.

Good luck.

30. kbrooker

kbrooker

Small Update I got the Class/Profession System Implimented and Working with class based spells and skills and race based stats and bonuses

31. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

zerano... in your project i see sigena between terrain and window.. but when i open my project there is no sigena for making quest system pllsss help me i nid the quest

ty in advance

32. DevionGames

DevionGames

Do you see other editors? Are there any error in the console? Do you have any scripts in the editor folder?

33. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

yes i have another Editor files in my project..... i have a project and import the RTS package.. and have a conflict... i want to start edit the quest in my project.. how can i have quest editor.. is there a script to move in my project to appear the SIGENA editor between terrain and window

there i can see in your RTS SIGENA editor quest

and when i open my project i cant see the SIGENA :(
    how can i have the SIGENA edit in my project and appear..
    and i want is when i open my project the SIGENA editor will be there that's all what i mean zerano..

I hope u can help me zerano... :(

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  34. DevionGames

DevionGames

Do you mean an error? Can i see the content in your editor folder?

35. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

thats all i have in my project

is it possible that the SIGENA will be appear in my project? how?

and i have a question.. in my project what will i import to it? from RTS

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  36. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

i thnk the poroblem is this?

the SIGENA appear in webplayer

and this is for MAC, PC standalone

what do u thnk zerano?

37. DevionGames

DevionGames

This are 2 diffrent projects, right?

You have to import the scripts from my rpg kit into your project.
    best would be to open my kit in a new project, then export it as unitypackage, then import it to your project. Or the other way arround(export your project and import it in the rpg project.)

If you only want the editors, you can drag and drop the editor scripts from my kit into your project under the Editor folder.

38. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

yah... they are different project... what specific scripts do i have to import into my project?

zerano i figured it out.. thank you so much for the response..

but i have another problem i hope u can help me..

is there a script for the player? because the capsule that in your project is the same as mine..

so im thinking that is thier a script for the player? because i cant see the player in the sunna...

this image is in my project... in RTS it has no error.. what i supposed to do zerano.. help thanks!

is it ok that i change the folder name Editor to Edit?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  39. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

hi zerano i need ur help plsss thank u

40. DevionGames

DevionGames

Yes there is more then one script for the player. you should check what is attached on the player in the example.

41. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

i cant see the attached file in the player... only the core.. i see... plss what script do i attached in the player?

42. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

i cant see the attaced file in the player... i only see the main camera... plss tell me zerano what script do i attached in the player

43. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

how to make quest editor in the window?

44. DevionGames

DevionGames

Like i said before you have to import the editor scripts into your project to see the quest editor. The folder must be called "Editor". Yes if you select for example the core gameobject you will see scripts attached on it in the inspector. the same is for the player if you select the player you will see no mesh, but you will see scripts attached on it. You have to attach the same scripts on your player model.

If it is the first time you use unity, you should learn the realy basics first. Search in google for unity navigation tutorial.

45. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

thank u zerano.. but in the sunna project i cant see the player in the hierarchy.. only camera :( so if i can see the player on your project i have no question on it... can u send me a screenshot or tell me what script do i attach in the player.. that's all i need..

here are the screen shot.. that i dont find the player zerano...
    in sunna project:

in game start project:

promise zerano i dont find the player.. thats all my problem.. i hope u can help me this for the last... plsss thank u in advance zerano

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  46. DevionGames

DevionGames

The player is instantiated at runtime, so look in the prefabs folder. There are 2 examples , one with ClickToMove and one wasd movement.

47. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

i dont get it sorry zerano.. :(

can u make a tutorial for me zerano? plsss :( i nid my project to be done huhuhu

a blank scene and will run as same as ur project even though it will work in player that i will attach in player

what script do i attach? plssss can u tell me

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  48. drewradley

drewradley

How do I get an update? My version is from March, 2011. I tried the link in the email I originally used and it asked for a password and username. I have a password in that email but not a user name. I tried to email but the address I have seemed to have bounced - I received what looked like an auto-reply but it was in German.

49. DevionGames

DevionGames

I got your email and sended you an answer!

50. drewradley

drewradley

Got it! Thanks! Downloading now.

Out of curiosity what does this say (that's what I thought was the auto response telling me my email to you had bounced):