Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ScrollView problems

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by Discord, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Discord

Discord

I'm using a ScrollView with a GUILayout and I'm wondering if there is anyway to tell if the user is scrolled all the way to the bottom at any point? I know you can access the y position of the Vector2 you pass to the GUILayout.BeginScrollView() function, but I'm not sure how to determine if the user is scrolled all the way to the bottom of the scroll view.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Discord

Discord

Bump. I haven't found a good fix for this.

3. reissgrant

reissgrant

Looked at this for a little bit, but there's not much you do with the scrollPosition.y because it just tells you the y position of the scrollbar, what you need to know is how much content there is to show in the window, and there's not a variable for that.

If you knew the content size, then you could deduce the relative position of the scrollbar by using the window height and scrollPosition.y.

4. Daniel_Brauer

Daniel_Brauer

Unity Technologies

You should be able to get the content height by using GetLastRect() after the last piece of content. Add the y and height components of the Rect and see what you get.

5. Discord

Discord

Thanks! I will try that. Hopefully the fact that it happens during the repaint event won't affect anything. I'll see how this goes.