Search Unity

3rd Person Weapons...

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by tylerman9, Feb 17, 2011.

1. tylerman9

tylerman9

I need a 3rd person weapon script and a machine gun. Please dont gimme a link to another website or a whole demo.

2. alexfeature

alexfeature

You're funny...I'll give you that.

I wonder what is it that you expect peeps to say exactly? Don't be lazy read a tut and dig around demo projects.

3. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

This thread offends my sensibilities.

4. bigmisterb

bigmisterb

Quite. Does he expect that someone is going to write all his code for him?

5. tylerman9

tylerman9

I never said that I asked if anyone had it ... >.< durrrrrrr

6. DanielQuick

DanielQuick

In another week or two, I'll be setting up a "Beginner Scripting Tutorial Service"

Then you can ask me to make scripts/games, and I'll make it along with a tutorial on it. Later this week/early next, I should have my first installment finished that includes enough to create a very simple FPS game.

7. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

You should charge for that. Then the person making the request gets the benefit of the already made for them scripts, and others get the benefit of the tutorial.

8. DanielQuick

DanielQuick

Can't believe I never thought of that. I must be too nice :) Thanks for the idea.

9. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not :p But it does make sense, a script + tutorial + answering all those questions you WILL get about each tutorial afterwards, plus those who'll post them elsewhere and claim they made them. Then take into account the kind of scripts you'll probably be asked to do, which will be the complicated ones that modders will turn up asking for after having it easy with their game editors. Just seems right you get some compensation.

Don't get me wrong, I think it should be for free and you should do a complete set of GoW style scripts :p But what I think and what's actually considered fair, are two entirely different things. ;)

10. frederiksen

frederiksen

11. Route 66 Rambler

Route 66 Rambler

I'll sell you one for $300 AUS

12. DanielQuick

DanielQuick

Haha I was not being sarcastic. I seriously never thought about making money off of them, but now that you mentioned, I might as well. You made a good argument as well.

For anyone who is interested, I am nearing completion of my demo, and will then reread all my scripts making sure they're perfect and writing tutorials on them.

I predict it will be released... Tuesday (22nd). Friday (25th) at the latest. Afterwards I will be accepting payment to create new scripts/tutorials.

13. mikepetrillo

mikepetrillo

14. wccrawford

wccrawford

I'm betting that's spam. If you email it, you'll probably end up on all kinds of mailing lists.

15. Venged

Venged

Take a look at the Advanced Fantasy AI 2.0 on the asset store or some of the 3rd person project assets on the store. One of those would have scripts that you could study and adapt easily. Don't be discouraged. You will find it. Unity has great community and many free and low cost assets on the store for most all your needs.

Robert
    AKA Venged