Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Selling on the Unity Asset Store - Earn 70% each sale, non-exclusive!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by caitlyn, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tzvier

tzvier

When could I expect to receive a monthly payment via through PayPal?

2. nipoco

nipoco

Around the 5th of each month.

3. unityjohan

unityjohan

Hi there,

Unfortunately not very self explanatory, but since you are using the same login on to the Asset Store, you can actually use the "forgot?" link displayed on the Asset Store login window. If you're automatically signed in to the Asset Store when you open Unity, you will have to log out of the Asset Store to see this window .

Here:

$Screen Shot 2012-03-30 at 3.14.26 PM.png

Cheers,

Carl-Johan Kristiansson
    Unity Technologies
    Content Management Support | Asset Store

4. reveriejake

reveriejake

Hey Carl-Johan, I think he was talking about the login on the webpage. I cannot use Unity sometimes to access my account so I have to do it via the interwebs. But as it is currently, there is no "Forgot?" or "Remind Me" on the actual webpage @ https://assetstore.unity3d.com/

Jake

5. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

We want to upload an asset package on the Unity Asset Store and we're a US company. Do we have get a VAT Number, or can we ignore that text field on the Unity Asset Store Publisher Administration?

Also, since we're a business, which business PayPal account is best to use for the Unity Asset Store? Or should we use a standard PayPal account instead of a PayPal business account? If someone could answer these questions it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  6. davew175

davew175

I just tried that and looked like I'd be charged but after I cancelled out I could download it without paying.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  7. trilobite3d

trilobite3d

8. gjfjfg

gjfjfg

HI,

Should I have submit content to have a publisher account ? bacause when I go to the administration publisher's page i have the message:
    "You are not a registered Unity Asset Store publisher". ( I have an asset account ...)

help me plz

thx
    Lemp

9. rstehwien

rstehwien

You need to get the asset store tools and use them to create a publisher account. Read this page and watch the video (just watched it myself, it is very helpful)
    http://unity3d.com/unity/asset-store/submit-content

10. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

You might as well get it (I really doubt he would care) but the unity store can be very picky about that type of thing

11. Azran

Azran

Recently I have been rejected 2 submissions.

Sending every submission involved, creating the png images, fill the form, creating the tutorial videos and upload them to youtube. About 6 hours in total and the response i got was a copy/paste email that does not help me to improve me new submissions in the future.

"Hi there,

Thank you for your submission to the Unity Asset Store.

We’ve reviewed the submission and, consistent with the criteria considered in our approval process, we have chosen not to publish this asset. As you may have seen in our Content Provider Agreement, Unity Technologies reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject a submission for any reason. However, we greatly appreciate the time and effort spent in preparing your submission.

Kind Regards

Asset Store Team"

As a client I would expect from you to spend a bit more time just to say:

- Your scripting is low quality.
    - Your script is similar to one in the store.
    - Your script is too simple.
    - Your script is too complex.
    - Is not clear what your project is etc etc.

And also I would like to know what is expected in the revision criteria in order to not waste my time.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

sounds weird, i have a relatively simple package on sale, but it was submitted back in the day when asset store just started, i have seen they are more strict with the packages now, sometimes is just confusion or sometimes they dont take the time to read the instructions you put to the reviewer and they reject your package without much explanation or for obvious things you explain in the instructions, forcing you to resubmit and wait even more, i had that experience with my last packages, specially if they require another package to work, they get specially picky, and the waiting times have gotten longer and longer, my first package, xpand was published just short after the asset store opened, it was accepted in 2 days, however a tiny bug fix release i made to another package took 11 days to be accepted.

currently im doing fine in the asset store so im greatful for it, but it would be nice if they improved a bit those kind of details.

13. Airship

Airship

The Asset Store is currently only for Unity related products, correct? For instance could a plugin for Maya that would interest Unity users be sold on Unity Asset Store?

14. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Correct; they are Unitypackages that import into Unity via the Asset Store window.

--Eric

15. mk1978

mk1978

One question. If I buy assets from Unity Asset Store, am I allowed to use these assets also in some other softwares? For example, if I export the 3d models purchased from Asset Store to obj-file and use them in Google Sketchup or Blender.

If this has already been discussed in the forum, could you please post the link to the discussion.

16. crafTDev

crafTDev

So I submitted an update to my asset, but I can't remember after submission if you get an email saying that they received this submission. It's almost been a week since I submitted, and the asset still isn't on the store. Tomorrow (Thursday) will be one week. I don't remember the process taking this long...

17. stimarco

stimarco

It is unusual for it to take more than a week, so I'd give it another day before sending a follow-up email to find out what's going on.

Also, don't forget that this is the holiday season, so it's possible they're temporarily understaffed. They'll still be processing submissions, but it'll likely take a little longer than usual.

18. Rafes

Rafes

Hi,

How do we request that a product be featured as a "Hot Deal"?

Cheers,

19. uembarcado

uembarcado

What should I do when my package is not refused but there is no answer about it? I already sent 2 PMs to Caitlyn with no answer too... And now? Should I give up? Simple like that?

20. gregzo

gregzo

Same problem here :
    -submitted 9 days ago
    -no confirmation e-mail
    -in my publisher account, asset does show up in the "review pending" tab
    -sent a PM to Caitlyn

Of course I understand we need to be patient, but it would certainly not hurt to keep us informed about submission queue / estimated time 'till review.

Cheers,

Gregzo

21. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

I submitted a couple of days ago, got an email immediately, and it does show up in my pending reviews tab. I would suggest you to resubmit, unless you're sure you've done everything right. As far as I know you have to at least make sure you've uploaded the package and also if you are updating an existing asset to change the version.

22. gregzo

gregzo

@Flipbookee

Thanks for your advice, will do. It's my first submission, so although I'm pretty sure I've done everything right, I can't be 100% certain. Strange thing is that it does show in my publisher account, but no confirmation email... So it did go through. Will update this post directly when I get news.

Cheers,

Gregzo

Update : Unable to login when prompted after clicking Asset StoreTools -> Package Manager ("please re-login to asset-store" pop-up, however many times I enter my info, won't go away)

Able to login fine through Asset StoreTools -> Publisher Administration, where my submission still appears under "Pending Review" tab.

Hmmm...

Update : Caitlyn has sorted me out very quickly, all is well.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  23. uembarcado

uembarcado

I submited more than 1 month ago!...

24. createdbyx

createdbyx

I have a question about selling items on the asset store. If I sell a script on the asset store do I receive any kind of invoice ID number or GUID of sorts that uniquely identifies that specific sale? Or is there any user ID or number that identifies the persons account who bought the script from me?

I ask because this would be a very big value added feature to have as it would allow people who sell assets on the asset store to provide additional value and features beyond the purchase of that one script as well as outside of the scope of unity and the asset store.

Here is a scenario I'm envisioning ...

I put up a script on the asset store for $5. As people purchase that script I receive an email or I can go to a asset store webpage and get a downloadable list in xml or json format that provides me with information about what asset store account purchased my script along with a unique id for each item in that specific purchase.

As it happens I also run a web site that provides additional scripting or content etc. As a valued paying asset store customer I can provide additional discounted content and services.

Having that information allows me to notify the people or provide discounted offers to people who have bought my script off the asset store. The user would have to create an account on my website and supply an invoice ID for any of the products they may have purchased from me to verify that they are indeed a valued paying customer within the asset store.

Having this information would also allow asset store sellers to see what items are being purchased the most and provide statistics etc.

Is there anything like this for the people who sell stuff on the asset store or are there any plans to offer this?

There are 8 pages of posts so if that was asked already asked here I may have missed it.

25. crafTDev

crafTDev

Yes. Or something like it...it's located in Publisher Administration. The person who bought your asset gets an invoice which you can verify, you probably would have to ask that specific person though. Asset creators use this to give previous purchasers an early beta test for current assets etc before they hit the store officially...

26. aren372

aren372

3 days passed after submit, still pending review...:(

27. Tasarran

Tasarran

I submitted a package on Oct 12, almost two weeks ago now; I never got a confirmation email.

Just tried to PM Caitlyn, but the forum won't let me; and I notice her last activity was four weeks ago...

Very frustrating, since I've been keeping a forum post going with my progress, and I have several people who will buy it the day it comes available.
    Seriously considering looking into a way to sidestep the Asset Store and sell direct from my website.
    I really don't want to do that, but this isn't working for me...

28. aren372

aren372

4 days passed, still pending review

29. Tasarran

Tasarran

I re-submitted today, got a confirmation email right away.

If you don't get the confirmation email, something went wrong, and you have to re-submit.

30. aren372

aren372

I got the confirmation email, immediately after I submitted;

31. Gabo_campitelli

Gabo_campitelli

Hello, i have a question for the unity assets store. I'm from Argentina and i have serval vehicle physics that i have been developing. Specially flight simulation physics have had lot of repercusion on youtube and a i recived lot's of mails asking on where to purchase it. I want to sell it as a starter package (since it only covers the basic components needed for simulation) but i'm not sure (beeing from Argentina and all) if i will actually get my hands on money i erned.
    So i was wondering if and how could it be possible?

Gabriel.

32. Liman3D

Liman3D

how are vendor royalties being processed? Every month? Any minimum amount?

33. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

I think you can choose and if its paypal it could come on the 15th of every month (actually it seems to be random) paying the last months net

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  34. Liman3D

Liman3D

Sounds good, anyway I couldn't find information about what is the minimum amount which the vendor should accumulate to have his payment processed.

35. nipoco

nipoco

There is no minimum amount if you choose Paypal. With wire transfer, minimum is $250.

36. Blaze_K

Blaze_K

are wire transfer payments still being handled quarterly?

37. Blaze_K

Blaze_K

sorry for double post. I noticed that Textures/Other category on asset store displays only 1-2 items when you check for top grossing, top free etc, while other categories usually have about seven. Is there any particular reason why it's like that? i'm quite interested in what sells best in that section.

38. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

I think there's a threshold for how many sells assets have made within certain (unknown to me) period of time for them to appear in those lists. That threshold might not be same though in different categories.

39. Blaze_K

Blaze_K

yeah, the idea of threshold crossed my mind. However it can't be only that.
    For example: "Latest" category shows 2 items. They were uploaded yesterday. There are several other items that were also uploaded yesterday and aren't present on the list.
    On the other hand "Latest" from Scif Fi shows 10 items and oldest is from over a month ago.

40. nipoco

nipoco

My texture package was in the top 10 paid for a while in that category. Sales are quite low tho. Around 3-7 sales a month. I think textures are not the best seller in the Asset Store. It's better to sell 3d models.
    On the other hand, you have nice handpainted textures. That kind of textures are quite popular.

41. Blaze_K

Blaze_K

thanks for the info, nipoco! i suspected that "top" doesn't necessarily mean hundreds of sales but it's good to have some actual stats.
    The fact that all of top grossing items in 'textures materials' are just shaders and tools rather than textures also shows their relative insignificance.

but then again, i guess just making a model doesn't guarantee better sales, the key is to make an asset that lots of people have a use for.
    Your item pack seems to have nailed that, i can imagine all kinds of games where those models would fit nicely.

42. nipoco

nipoco

Definitely not. It depends pretty much on the category.
    For example, if your package is in the overall top paid 3d category, it is a completely different story, with far more sales.

And bigger packages with a great diversity sell better than single assets.

43. dxqdesign

dxqdesign

My account has a problem.
    I have some items on the asset store, but don't understand why it has been disabled and there is no reason.
    Please guide me to solve this problem
    thanks

44. Acumen

Acumen

I wanted to ask/suggest something similar to what the AppStore offers, where asset store members can allow project contributors to check in their account to have a look at the sales statistics. It's like a minor tied in account so people have proof that the numbers are correct, yet they can't mess with the superior account settings of the main publisher.
    Such a function would ease up collaboration between parties quite a bit, e.g. in terms of profitsharing and the likes :)

45. Blaze_K

Blaze_K

Edit: nevermind, i think i got it.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  46. Blaze_K

Blaze_K

Question: Can moderators change thread names of asset store threads on request? And if yes, how do i contact the right one?

47. Mauri

Mauri

Afaik, you can edit your own thread names afterwards. Just go into the advanced editing mode and modify your thread title there.

48. Blaze_K

Blaze_K

Yes, afaik it does. It only changes the name that you see after you enter the thread. It doesn't change the name that's displayed when you're browsing the subforum (asset store section in this case).

49. dkozar

dkozar

Why don't you just ask Aurore? :)

50. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hmm, is it normal now for new Assets to take a week before they hit the store? DaW is my second asset and this is the longest I've waited. I received no emails from Unity about the asset failing submission so it's weird to me that its not up yet...maybe slow month?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.