Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Heaven or Hell Project!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Vinícius Sanctus, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Huhahah the whole religious issue is making some noise indeed Mike!

Im dying for character screenshots! Give them to meeee!

Hugs!

PS: I know you already posted yours Mike, but check out the new features and maybe you´ve changed something in your char! If you wait long enough im implementing other armor styles suchas oriental (next in queue), middle east, egypcian, pirates and indians. =)

2. Mike L

Mike L

$Screen shot 2011-02-21 at 20.46.13 .png

new me!!

3. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Thx a lot Mike! The balanced 2h sword´s stance will have all average stats such as atk spd, def, dmg and atk range! =)

An awesome choice!

Hugs!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  4. Mike L

Mike L

We have to keep this on the first page!!!!!

5. Mike L

Mike L

bump it

6. Sollthar

Sollthar

If all these new posts are just chatting rather then actual interesting updates on the game, this thread might have a lot of posts and stay on page one, but will become boring and empty apart from you two...

Just a hint. ;)

7. Zu01

Zu01

So far, you can just customize? You inspired me to add something like this to my game. It isn't something you can do in one day. I love it though. Is it still on wooglie?

8. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Sollthar thx for the tip, but its hard to see someone chatting and not asnwering just because it isnt about an update. But thx its an awesome tip as it is just what you felt when reading our chatting and you´re right we should stick to the point. =) Btw thx for checking the thread =)

Zu01 Yup so far you can barely customize. It isnt in wooglie anymore cause i didnt received any revenue from games in development, and in Kongregate i do, and it gives you an extra 10% if its Kongregate exclusive. No it takes a while and from my personal experience is way harder to add it when you game is already done, at least when its network based and work with instantiating prefabs only.

Sry i havent update the game in Kongregate for almost a week but im working on it daily, ill release the updates tomorrow and they include:

- 3 skybox types, a non-shader, a 2.0+ shadered and the one it already had, a 3.0+ shadered.

-The beggining of the oriental heavy armor set, 2 shoulders, 1 chest, 1 belt. TODO Helms

-New and generic (Heavy) new arms and legs.

Thx all for checking out the thread and dont worry ill follow Sollthar´s advices because following advices from guys who do what he does (check his link if you dont know what i mean), in my opinnion, is a highway to success! =)

Hugs!

PS: Btw i need you guys oppinion, im really thinking about extinguishing the whole region oriented system, im still implementing them but im thinking on letting people mix them at will, as i was testing the new samurai armor and mixing it with european medieval ones, and since my textures are far from real they match pretty well! What do you guys think?

Sollthar, advices are more than welcome as usual! Help me! =)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  9. Zu01

Zu01

You right about that, ironicly i finished my costimzer (super basic, like 9 different choices) today. I havent tested it in multiplayer, but in single it works just fine. I'm going to look into kongregate too.

10. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Zu01 huhaha wtf? i dropped a whole project because of that! You higher lvl programmer, im still a noob so things are way harder for me i guess. =) Anyway how nice friend! As soon as you publish it on Kongregate send me a link please!

Hugs!

11. ivanzu

ivanzu

Its very good going to bookmark this page :)

12. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Thx a lot Ivanzu! Can you post your character´s screen shot if you have some free time?

Hugs!

Ok! Just released the Oriental Heavy Armor Set! Plus the 3 skybox to match each and every user PC´s specs!

Still got some minor bugs but i was DYING to release something so plz forgive me!

Now ill add all oriental weapons and then move on till there is no heavy armor left (im a huge fan of them).

After that ill go to leather from all locations and then cloths.

Wish me luck friends!

Thx for following the project!

Hugs!

PS: Here is the 1st Samurai! Hope you guys like it!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  13. EVO-Gaming

EVO-Gaming

ow did you change the asset bundles

14. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

EVO i just made a raw renderer.enabled=(true or false) system.

I did as i saw in the unity character customization example.

The .blend file contains the character with all weapons, armor, hairs, the only thing in separated blend files are the helms and facial hair.

I just did a bunch of if/else to managed what was going to be shown and what wasnt.

Hope i could explain well enough for you to make your own!

Hugs!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  15. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Just added 1H/2H Katana. =)

16. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Just Added Reversed Katana and its stances.

Made some major improvments on game loading.

Hope to see some enthusiastics posting screen shots if im lucky enough!

Hugs everyone! =)

17. gamenut30111

gamenut30111

Here ya go, I love the new updates, very nice.

Sorry if its kinda dark, but that was the point of my character.

Attached Files:

• $HOH.png
      $HOH.png
      File size:
      532.6 KB
      Views:
  18. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Gamenut awesome! Thx a lot! Reversed Katana on both hands plus reversed defensive stance! Not to mention the Heavy Armor Samurai full armor! Awesome friend, your character looks very nice!

I can see you´re from Georgia! Hope you liked the accidental tribute to your country!

Hugs! =)

PS:Btw that´s an awesome pack you´ve got avaliable there, once i get some revenue in Kongregate im totally adding it to my arsenal! =)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  19. gamenut30111

gamenut30111

Which Georgia, the country or the state, I'm from the state of Georgia, guess I should be more specific :)

Edit : Thanks for the compliment, the only problem with making script packs for me is that when I am done with one, all I want to do is update it, its tough to start something new.

20. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Well thats the secret of making something perfect isnt? Better to have one solid release with all details on it than a bunch of unfinished, buggy, packages isnt?

Keep up friend! you´re doing great imho.

Hugs friend! And i see you´re now from United States! hehehe

=)

21. Warrior1424

Warrior1424

Looks very good!

22. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Thx warrior!

Post your screen shot please!

I would like to see your style! =)

Hugs!

PS: Just Added 1H Axe

23. gamenut30111

gamenut30111

See, he says Florida, but you don't think of the country of Florida (considering there isn't one....) :)

Anyway, I will work on a new character later today.

24. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Awesome game nut! I just invited Unity Networking Developer Iarus to make his own too! =)

He just helped me with my noobish issue and saved my projects networking!

The whole Georgia thing came up because a user Named Temo, that guy that made the real time mesh sliccing, was from Georgia and told me the flag im using is from there.

Hope you like the 1H Axes!

Hugs!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  25. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Just added 1H Lance + New Stances and some stance restrictions. =)

Hugs!

26. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Just added 1H Kama, Reversed Kama and Crescent. =)

Hugs!

PS: Screen Shots Please! =P

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  27. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Just added Female Gender! =)

Hugs!

PS: Dont post screenshots! (Reverse Psychology) =)

28. Anonymev

Anonymev

Not bad, i would recommend making them walk a bit slower, and also use other terrain textures when u have a low poly character. cuz low poly character to high resolution realistic ground texture wont work. I liked the variety in some of the equipment. Keep it up and this might become a good RPG, i guess it wont be a MMORPG cuz then u will need atleast 3 people and a bit more experience within 2D/3D design

29. Mike L

Mike L

Ha ha!!! i disobeyed!! hey wait, or did i obey?

$Screen shot 2011-03-06 at 11.37.27 .png

30. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

@Anonymev Thx for the feedback friend. Charlie told me the same thing, that they dont match at all, but as long as i doesnt hurt my eyes, but im totally working on the textures as you said, altough i fail to see a big contrast between them. =)

Well me being alone i can make at least a bad MMO with lame graphics, I just want the data to be persistent using Kongregate´s DB API and to please non-casual players with the whole gameplay/customization system im developing.

@Mike Welcome back once again friend! So your a european style fan i see. That´s something we´ve got in common! =)

So, how did you like the proportion system? I dont know if ppl are going to like it cause all i manage to do was stretch the character on X and Y axis.

I wish i could acess directly the mesh bone so you could like really build your body, ex: make a skinny guy with a big belly or make a guy like Johnny Bravo with really skinny legs but huge upper members.

Anyway Thx for being my loyal screen poster! =)

Thx for posting guys!

Hugs! =)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  31. Mike L

Mike L

yeah, i guess i am :D. the proportion system is ok, but it would be better if you could access the bones as you said

32. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

@ Mike =) You´re the kind of friend i need in order to complete this project! Im working on it right now, depending on its complexity/viability i might be releasing a improvent for the proportion system on next release.

Just made a tiny improvment, if youre male you choose beard, if youre female you choose lipstick color!

Hugs! =)

33. Mike L

Mike L

34. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Just Added Tunic and Robe prototypes, and a musketeer Hat.

Hugs! =)

35. GrimWare

GrimWare

How is the actual game coming along? Do you need some help? I'd still love to work on a team with you

36. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Well Grim the actual game is really on hold, i aint going to messs with it until the creator is ready. My previous project was exactly the opossite, i made the whole game and once it was ready, with multiplayer and everything, tried to implement customization, Result : FAIL.

So im making everything on this creator and then moving to the actual game, wich will be a lot like my previous project.

It would be nice to wrok along with someone since i´ve never did it before. Altought im affraid of it not working.

Im willing to give it a try tho.

Hugs friend! =)

37. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Released Independent Color System + Hood + Pointy Hat = Randomize its a mess =(

Hugs!

38. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Added StrawHat, NinjaHood and Hood+Straw+Ninja Combos.

Randomize doesnt look that messy now!

Hugs! =)

39. goatria

goatria

Awesome!!! :d

40. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Thx Goatria! If you have some free time please post a screen shot of the character you've made!

Thx Hugs!

=)

41. Aerozo

Aerozo

This is awesome!

Here's a screenshot of my ginger(ish) ninja :D

Attached Files:

42. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

OMG Aerozo! That´s an awesome combination! A ninja, with a MIGHTY BLUNT! hahaha Awesome indeed! Thx for posting your character! Really, i would be affraid of encountering you online once the game is out! =)

Btw just added Sai/Reversed Sai and Crescent 2H Staff!

Now im FINALLY moving to middle east Arabian like armors and weapons! Hurray!

Hugs all thx for posting screenshots! Really means a lot to me Aerozo thx a lot once again! Cant wait to meet you ingame!

PS: Just to inform, the independent bone system is ready, BUT i wont be free to choose as it was previous planned.

The character´s body type will be related to your Stats on the next step of the character creator.

Example: Increase strenght for mass increase on arms legs strategicly, increase con for whole body size increase also strategicly spread along the character.

So if you have high con e low str youll be fat and tall or If you have high str and low con you will be toned and not that big. if you have both, hello schwarzenegger! hehehe

Im still figuring out the whole system, im thinking about physics stats (that influences on your character appearance) and psychic stats ( They'll define magic damage, healing power, ranged aim and such, nothing to see about them estheticly).

Im always open to ideas suggestions and whatever you want to say about the project! So talk to me friend! =)

Hugs nº 2! =)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  43. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Added Arabian Clothes and 2H/1H Falchions Weapons!

Character's Screen Shots Please! =)

Hugs!

44. gamenut30111

gamenut30111

I have to say, I love the new add ons, I can't wait to see what you do after the character creation scene though. I would love to see my character walk around. Here is my latest.

Attached Files:

• $HOH.png
      $HOH.png
      File size:
      386.4 KB
      Views:
  45. Aerozo

Aerozo

Yeah, these new add-ons are amazing! If you ever consider making a team you can count me in :D

Attached Files:

46. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Thx Gamenut and Aerozo! =)

You guys make it all so worth spending all my free time on making this game happen! =)

Awesome screeshots! Didnt know both of you were so fond of Falchions!

Well Gamenut, still lots to do on character creator, such as ranged weapons, magic stances and etc.

After the char customization its time for stats customization as I previously explained. Once both are ready then im finally going for gameplay, but before going to gameplay im going to eat up Kongregate API documentation in order to really use its data base so you can save you character in slots and really have something persistent over the net.

Hugs and thx for supporting me! Its really rewarding to get such a nice feedback!

=)

47. JasonWIR

JasonWIR

Awesome job. I can't wait to see the world you build.

48. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Thx friend Jason, and I wish I could see the character you´ve made! =)

Hugs! =)

49. JasonWIR

JasonWIR

Okay, but only if you get a jump on making your world demo soon!! :)

Attached Files:

50. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Niiice! Thx Jason! Sure im hurrying A LOT in order to finish the char creator and start the Stats distribution so i can jump quickly to the world demo!

Thx for your screen shot! A straw hat samurai! Nice!

Btw just added pirate stuff!

Hugs! =)