Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Heaven or Hell Project!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Vinícius Sanctus, Feb 13, 2011.

1. biggthree

biggthree

Could you call it Pleasure and Pain?

2. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Temo i got the flag from typing medieval flags on Google. =)

Heheheh we´ve started a whole name debate again! =)

Well BigThree Pleasure or Pain for some reason recalls me sexual content so i dont think so.

Ill think of a better name then.

I just tought that was a nice name, actually took it from guilty gear, i dont know if you guys ever played but when you have like a draw or something comes a mode called heaven or hell and i tought it was nice.

Plus i like the HoH reminds me of WoW hehehe!

But ill defnitelly consider changing it later on.

Now guys please character screenshots? =)

This weekend im going to finish european weapons if everything goes right.

Im totally adding Charlie as my special weapon developer, cause i dont think his weapons fit on normal category. He makes such nice and original weapon design im saving his work, plus respecting his avaliabilty, for special weapon drops from bosses and stuff.

Thx once again everyone, all this active thread is making my work fly so high. Cause my only payment on doing this is having people wanting to play it! Altought thinking again, i did make 3 dollars already trought Kongregate! =)

Hugs!

PS: Screenshots please! =)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  3. EVO-Gaming

EVO-Gaming

I msged you back vin

4. Knight12ify

Knight12ify

Pleasure or Pain: Chiddy Chiddy Bang Bang!

And Vin I think this will be a good project, just change the title please. Your a nice guy. But from what I've seen I would call the game Sanctuary, Heaven or Hell Project sounds offensive because it sounds like your calling a religon a project so I would drop the project thats why I sorta got rage quit. But if you want to keep the HoH thing even though in my opionion WoW sucks, HoH sounds like Ho! But it's cool, I like that so if want HoH I would call it Sanctuary: The Heavans of Hell.

5. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

Are YOU offended by the title, or do you just think someone would be? Because its really not offensive at all. Simply mentioning two concepts of a particular religion is hardly offensive. If the title was "Christianity Sucks and God is Dead", that'd be a different story.

6. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

i get the sense you a trolling formally

7. EVO-Gaming

EVO-Gaming

dude knight just get over it already,,,

8. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Agreed

9. thellama

thellama

Knight12ify everyone understands you don't like the name but to be honest you seem to be the only one offended by the name. It says a lot about your tolerance for religion. Besides, he knows your opinion, please let Vinícius Sanctus direct the thread. Vin is just having fun, stop trying to push him into things just because you want them. This is indie game development. We're supposed to be free of nay-say-ers like you.

Vin, great start here. I would recommend having the character idle instead of walk.

Keep at it!

10. Blacklight

Blacklight

Whilst I still stand by everything I said earlier, I actually think Sanctuary does sound like a good title. Good thinking Knight12ify.

11. Fishypants

Fishypants

I like how no one has a problem with the title except Knight . . . Just because YOU are offended, he should change the title?
    I say keep it ++

12. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Personally, I like the title "Sanctuary: The Heavens of Hell" Sounds great dont get me wrong! But the creator, "Vinícius" Has choosen the name he has because he likes it? If he decides he likes yours, he may think about changing it yes but he still might not. This whole thing has been you making a point, That point should have been kept to 1-3 posts max from you, Saying you dislike the title. As soon as Vinícius said what he did you should have just said, "Okay, Fair enough. Your choice."

As a Developer I have learnt unless you have the power in the team, State an opinion, if they say no, then leave it at that. And id suggest you take that as a life rule, if someone in power says no, its a no.

Thanks

-Charlie

P.s, Anyone whos looking for any developers, Check me out. vPortfoliov I sell cheaply :)

13. PwnGenerator

PwnGenerator

Wow! This is awesome! I can't wait until I can run around with my character!!
    Great Job!!
    and Here's my character!

Wooo!

/PwnGenerator

14. Knight12ify

Knight12ify

'Kay then.

15. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Ok guys thx for all support but when i oppened the thread i was aware of disagreement from ppl just like Knight.

Compared to Kongregate´s player made crowd im feeling treated like a prince in here. There ppl just cursed me for being a WIP without any positive critics whatsoever.

Here all i got is support, great feedbacks, and the worse case was just about a Title issue, instead of "Hey what a crap, doesnt have a play button".

He actually came up with a pretty good name like Sanctuary : Heavens of Hell.

But People really got a point too, cause Sanctuary : Heavens of Hell, imho seem to define Sanctuary as a group of Heavens from Hell what makes it much more regilious oriented.

Heaven or Hell are just two concepts tossed around and the only connection between them is "or" kinda like, you choose your way, who will you be? Good? Evil? Neutral? That was kind of the whole point.

But sincerelly Sanctuary: Heavens of Hell do sound like huge´s production game, its really phonetically stronger than my HoH.

I dont mean to judge anyone, ive seen great ppl that liked to role play evil only and ive seen kinda selfish ppl that i wasnt very fond, playing only as good and vice-versa.

Let's not forget that games are awesome scape valves and just like you play GTA randomly killing ppl doesnt make you a serial killer in real life.

PWNGenerator, finally a defender! =) I tought ppl didnt liked the shield so far since no one ever posted me a screenshot. Btw defender only by the shield cause you´ve choose the most agreesive stance of shield barers! heheh

Thx a LOT for posting your character´s ScreenShot. I cant wait to fully finish the character creator and go to the gameplay in order to meet all of you guys in game!

Hugs!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  16. EVO-Gaming

EVO-Gaming

Msg me bro

17. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Just did it friend! =)

PS: Just implemented 2H Hammer and Mace + 1H Mace guys.

Hugs!

18. Sollthar

Sollthar

This thread is hilarious.

Loved the item system by the way - hardly a game yet, but certainly seems cool and I hope you keep building on it and develop it and call it whatever the hell (or heaven) you want to. ;)

19. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Add my stuff ;D haha

20. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Sollthar, hardly a game indeed, ive seen your project and i´m miles away from it. Thx for the support and yes the thread is very... peculiar. =)

Dont worry Charlie its because those things were queued already. =)

Hugs all keep in mind: Screenshots please!

=D

21. Baracuda771

Baracuda771

Let me just drop this off riiiiiiiight here.

Attached Files:

22. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Wooohooo! Thx Baracuda! I make me happy friend! Finally not only defensive dual stance but ginger! Also nice chain legs friend.

Thx a lot its totally gone to HoH image DB!

PS: Almost finished with my personal queue added all size shields and fixed/bugged some animations.

Hugs!

23. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Just made some major tweaks in dinamic skybox (by Martijn Dekker aka PixelStudio).

Added Large shield and fixed some stances.

=)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  24. GrimWare

GrimWare

I love the new changes! Now I can create the character of my choice!

I love the Defender class but I needed a LARGE shield. Well I got my wish!

Attached Files:

25. EVO-Gaming

EVO-Gaming

Mineee :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  26. Mike L

Mike L

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's attacking!!!!

27. EVO-Gaming

EVO-Gaming

28. Mike L

Mike L

he looks like he's attacking, and he's huge, big pic

29. EVO-Gaming

EVO-Gaming

sorry bout that and attacking you mean not attaching

30. Mike L

Mike L

yeah, typo, lol :D

31. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Omg, dynamic skybox needed shaders 3.0.Thats my main concern about it. Got to hate that pinky background. =(

Anyone has any tips on how to check if the user has support to 3.0 shaders? So i can give him a decent skybox if he doesnt? Thx! =)

Totally agreed GrimWare. Im very fond of the large/tower shield also. I like them with blunts tho. =)

Thx for re-posting your new improved character Grim. It makes me hugely happy! =)

Thx all im currently trying to find some alternatives to dynamic skybox for none to 2x shader users. Its really important for me that low end users can play the game, as i was one of them for ages so, i cant betray them, NEVAH! =)

Hugs thx for still checking my work out!

Hugs!

32. EVO-Gaming

EVO-Gaming

hey i think its just me for some reason my graphics card wont do shaders

33. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Martijn Dekker´s dynamic skybox, as well as all other ive seen so far, cast vector4 directly to the graphic card, and thats only supported for shaders equal or above 3.0 So thats why u have that filthy (i really want it never to happen) pink buggy sky.

Im totally working on that right now! All players deserv at least, if not dynamic, a decent skybox. =)

Hugs

34. EVO-Gaming

EVO-Gaming

Agreed my friend :)

35. Mike L

Mike L

well, imao, everyone should keep their computers more up-to-date.

36. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Yeah but its hard if you're not a wealthy person especially with the hardware evolution that makes a 2 year old computer useless at least for the gamming industry. Dont worry ill find out a way to keep the dynamic (wich i also love thx to Martijn Dekker aka Pixel Studio´s freeware), but i really NEED to make something good enought for lower end users as well.

Hugs and please if you have any tips on how to do not hesitate on telling me! =)

37. Mike L

Mike L

lol, this is a 2 year old computer, almost (MacBook Pro, 13.3", late 2009, 4 gb RAM, 2.53 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo)

38. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Yeah but at least here in brazil 2 year ago this was a top super pro computer, still good in here, mine is totally worse even being a desktop. =)

Hugs!

39. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

My mb is pretty bad, i have a friend sending me one now, but its all financial JM, cant blame ppl if they cant afford a new part

40. Mike L

Mike L

I know, stupid money, has to be worth so much, lol.

41. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Totally! A lame piece of paper with a number on it. You spend like 2/3+ of your month to earn some of it... =(

42. Mike L

Mike L

yeah, lol. and what is it backed up by, SHINY METAL!!!! who came up with that idea?

43. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Shiny metal! huhaha! Well probably who had lots of them shiny! =)

44. Mike L

Mike L

45. Mike L

Mike L

Oh Noes!!! How'd it get to the second page?!?

46. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Ok so with a lil help from charlie i managed to implement a simpler skybox but stills require some shaders tho. After implementing it i might try to do a even simpler one.

Im making the final ajustments and ill release a version with a skybox quality option as soon as possible.

Hugs!

47. Mike L

Mike L

Cool!!

48. gamenut30111

gamenut30111

Alright, I didn't read this whole post, but I would like to point out here that religion has become a common topic in modern games, such as Assassins Creed or The Last Crusade. It is someones opinion on whether they find a name, such as Heaven or Hell offensive. I am a Christian, and personally I don't find it offensive. I also dont think that you should mix you opinions about real life in with your opinions about a video game.

Also, to go back on topic, this is a very interesting project, I will test it when I have some time, nice work. :)

49. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Thx Gamenut! When you have the time to check it out please make an effort to post your character screen shot please! Im really curious to see the human versions of mine randomize ingame function and store them on image DB cause randomize isnt that great on esthetics!

Hugs!

50. Mike L

Mike L

man, if we get any more comments on this thread, it might become its own category, lol