Search Unity

Issue with OpenFeint and SocialNetworking plugins

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by OlegGel, Feb 10, 2011.

1. OlegGel

OlegGel

I use OpenFeint and Prime32 Social Networking plugins. When i use them separatly in different projects - all works correctly,
    when i import plugins into same Unity project and build XCode project occur duplicate symbols issue

1)
    ld: duplicate symbol _FBIsDeviceIPad in /Game/NEWSOH9/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv6/FBConnectGlobal.o and /Game/NEWSOH9/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv6/FBDialog-4450E698E96B852D.o
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 failed with exit code 1

2)
    ld: duplicate symbol _FBIsDeviceIPad in /Game/NEWSOH9/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/FBConnectGlobal.o and /Game/NEWSOH9/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/FBDialog-4450E698E96B852D.o
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 failed with exit code 1

Maybe somebody already resolve this error.

2. OlegGel

OlegGel

I resolve issue

Both OpenFeint Plugin and SocialNetworking Plugins uses FBConnect.h/.m FBDialog.h/.m from Facebook - occurs conflict between duplicate code. Need remove duplicate files and all works.

3. Curious

Curious

Thanks for posting back the results, I didn't encounter this issue but I'll keep that in mind for possible future conflicts

Regards

4. qamarzaman

qamarzaman

Thanks for posting this issue,

OlegGel:

I followed the suggestion But it did not work for me. Same error is occuring again

Please someone suggest some more solution

5. qamarzaman

qamarzaman

Please give some comments.........
    above suggestion i get this eror

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  6. Nick_Field

Nick_Field

I have some problem. I followed the suggestion of OlegGel but it did not work for me too. I need some help with this issue.

7. legion

legion

Go to openfeint dev site and help site and just search for facebook and show all results and you should get the solution.

8. Nick_Field

Nick_Field

I renamed all SocialPlugin's classes and all variables... Build succeeded.
    BUT
    After allowing use of my app in official Facebook application my game is not restored. If I restored it manually it sais that login failed. Any suggestions?

9. Nick_Field

Nick_Field

Solved. That was a problem with my URL scheme