Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Prime31 Tapjoy, AdMob and AdWhirl Plugins now available!

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by prime31, Feb 3, 2011.

1. prime31

prime31

@conaman, this will sound odd but it will probably fix the issue. I have found that doing the following steps works around a linker bug in Xcode 3.x:

- locate the libAdMobNoThumb.a file in the Details section of Xcode (like this: http://cl.ly/5YaG)
    - uncheck then check the box next to it

Oddly enough that works around the bug almost every time.

2. Virgin

Virgin

Sorry 4 offtopic, but i see that many users stoped to check PM because of some problems with notification(((
    Kiyaku, pls read my message! Sorry 4 offtopic twice =(

3. hencz

hencz

Hi Prime31,

Should I call setTestMode() before or after init() when using AdWhirl?

Thanks

4. prime31

prime31

@hencz, I believe you can call it either befor or after if I recall (on iPhone without source code).

5. striche

striche

Running the AdWhirlTestScene right out of the box on an iPhone 3GS and iPod 4 and it works great.

Whenever I try to run that scene on an iPad however, nothing seems to happen. When I hit the initialize button and then hit create banner I get no reaction in the console, not even "ad failed to load" messages.

6. prime31

prime31

@striche, AdWhirld doesn't support iPad yet. They claim the next update will have iPad support.

7. prime31

prime31

Just a quick heads up: we just released the NectarSync Plugin! This is the feature that every mobile game needs: WiFi syncing of saved game state. With one line of code you can transfer all of your PlayerPrefs and the entire contents of the Documents directory from one iOS device to another. Start playing a game on the iPhone while on the go then just transfer the saved state to your iPad and continue right where you left off!

8. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

I am living in Hong Kong and this is one of the country which is not support iAd at the moment, so if I want the iAd will show another Ad or banner once iAd is not available in the country?

Actually, how to detect and change? Do you have the code to show the example for me? Thanks so much.

May I suggest you can write a new Ad plug-in which can let the programmer to enable which Ad will show and the program will auto-detect which is not available and will show another Ad automatically? Is it possible? Thanks again.

Regards,
    Simon

9. prime31

prime31

@Simon, the iAd Plugin fires off an event when it gets an ad or fails to get an ad bid you want a plugin that can utilize multiple ad networks check out our AdWhirl Plugin.

10. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

Thanks for your quick reply. You mean AdWhirl is ad-management source? Is it need to modify using Xcode? or an Asset in Unity?

Regards,
    Simon

11. prime31

prime31

@Simon, all of our plugins do not require you to do anything in Xcode/Obj-C

12. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

Got it!! Good.

Will I get the simple Scenes when I buy the plugin?

So if iAd not available then it will show the Google Ad or other Ad when I use this plugin?

Thanks.

13. prime31

prime31

@Simon, the plugin comes with a sample scene. You can configure the way the ads get vended in the AdWhirl web portal on their website.

14. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

Got it and I will try it.. Thanks for you make a good plugin for us..

Regards,
    Simon.

15. mindlube

mindlube

What AdMobBannerType should be created, if the device is an ipod touch 4g (retina display?)
    I don't know if I should select banner types based on the screen pixels width, or based on the device type, e.g. iphone vs ipad vs ipod.

Does this make sense?
    Code (csharp):
    1. if (Screen.width >= 960)
    2. {
    3.     // ipod/phone retina  or ipad HD
    4.     float xOff = Screen.width - 488;
    5.     AdMobBinding.createBanner (AdMobBannerType.iPad_488x80, xOff, 0.0f);
    6. }
    7. else
    8. {
    9.     // old ipod, or iphone
    10.     float xOff = Screen.width - 320;
    11.     AdMobBinding.createBanner (AdMobBannerType.iPhone_320x48, xOff, 0.0f);
    12. }

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  16. prime31

prime31

@mindlube, the idea of pixels doesn't exist like that on the iOS side of things. Everything is done in points so no matter which iPhone/iPod you are using you still have a screen that is 320x480 points so always use that size banner.

17. mindlube

mindlube

Mike, so if I follow you are saying , for any iphone or ipod, always use the 320x480, but for ipad, select the iPad_* size that I want?
    thanks

18. prime31

prime31

Yup. You've got it.

19. qsm

qsm

I am using the iAd plugin, and have my accelerometer checks turned off. I am using a default orientation of a right home button with that also being the only orientation. The ad displays fine on the iPod4, on the bottom of the screen landscape with the home button on the right, but on the iPad it displays as though the ipad was in portrait mode. How can I change this so that the ad starts out in landscape on the iPad?

20. prime31

prime31

// Switches the orientation of the ad view
    public static void rotateToOrientation( DeviceOrientation orientation )

21. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

I have use your AdWhirl plugin. My Apps is landscape and I have encounter a issue in "Admob" when user click the Ad ( iAd is no problem ). Once user click the Ad and back to game the Ad Banner will become portrait and the touch screen is no response until the Ad disappear then the next banner will resume to landscape.

How can I fix the banner to landscape in anytime?

Please help, thanks so much.

Regards,
    Simon.

22. prime31

prime31

@Simon, I can't seem to reproduce the issue. My first suggestion is that you download the latest version. I just put a new version up a few minutes ago and haven't even gotten the update email out yet. The entire AdMob SDK has totally changed so it might fix the issue.

23. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime31,

Thanks! I have just try to download the AdWhirl plugin again but the file is the same as I download before..

Is this file is the latest version? --> "AdWhirl_2011-04-07.unitypackage"

I have follow your e-mail link when I first purchase this plugin. thanks

Regards,
    Simon.

24. qsm

qsm

Ok, I have found the "public static void rotateToOrientation( DeviceOrientation orientation ) " function, but I am at a loss as to what to modify/add to it to get the ad to always chow in landscape right on the iPad.

25. prime31

prime31

@ssmchan, my fault. I thought you were referring to the AdMob standalone plugin. I have actually seen a few issue with AdWhirl that are similar to yours. Try the following: opent he AdWhirlManager.mm file and locate the "adWhirlDidDismissFullScreenModal" method (line 154). in the method change the line:

[self resizeBannerPositionAfterInterstitial];

to

[self performSelector:mad:selector(resizeBannerPositionAfterInterstitial) withObject:nil afterDelay:1.0];

@qsm, you can rotate the banner to any orientation you want. Just call rotateToOrientation and pass in your desired orientation at any time.

26. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

Good! Thanks for your temporary solution, I have tried and basically it can solve the issue. ( The Ad will portrait a half second and rotate back to landscape ). I suggest that the banner will back to landscape directly.

Thanks again and will you fix the plugin later?

Your plugin is save us a lot of time, thanks so much! :)

On the other hand, How can I use your plugin in XCode directly ( I mean not Unity3D project ).. is it possible? I have another XCode project would like to use your plugin.

Regards,
    Simon

27. prime31

prime31

@ssmchan, you can certainly use it directly in an Xcode project. Just import all the files and delete the *Binding.m file. You can then access the *Manager singleton directly to get at all the methods.

28. hdchung

hdchung

I just download the "AdWhirl Plugin", but I want to know when I use it, I need to change the "Publisher ID" or keep it in "960486d703f8102d96dc5b26aef5c1e9"?
    Because when I change the "Publisher ID" my app can't show the Ad, so can you tell me why?
    If I need to change it, I need to change it to AdMob Publisher ID?

Thanks

29. prime31

prime31

@hdchung, if you want to get credit for your ads then you need to sign up with any vendors that you use and put your proper publisher ID in there.

30. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

Thanks and I will check it out.

Will it be fixed on Unity3D Plugin and inform us later?

Regards,
    Simon.

31. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

Thanks and I will check it out.

Will it be fixed on Unity3D Plugin and inform us later?

Regards,
    Simon.

32. hdchung

hdchung

one more think, I see in AdMob can download "Publisher Code".
    And inside Editor/AdWhirlAdMob/SDK has some file like this.
    So I need to put any file on my project?
    Or I just need to change the publisher ID on "AdWhirlPrefad"?

33. hdchung

hdchung

o......is OK I fix it, I use a wrong A/C id......Thanks for your help.

34. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

I have created account in Admod and I have created new AppsID but when I used new AppsID then no AD will display.. ( I haven't upload Apps to AppStore ).

Would you tell me the step by step procedure for Admod? Thanks so much for your help.

Regards,
    Simon.

35. prime31

prime31

@ssmchan, Per the AdMob web page it could take as long as 2 minutes to receive the first ad anytime your application has not been launched for 24 hours or more. Be sure to watch the Xcode console for any AdMob related messages.

36. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

Thanks! I have confused that is the Apps needn't to upload Apps store still can works with AdMob?

I just need to change the AppID with my new one?

So I guess the step is.

1. Create AppID ( from AdMob )
    2. Replace Plugin's default AppID with new one I have created.
    3. Waiting for 24 hours for test the AD.
    4. Upload Apps to AppStore.
    5. Update the Apps Link from Admob web site.

Is the above steps correct?

Thanks

Regards,
    Simon

37. prime31

prime31

@ssmchan, you don't need to do steps 4 or 5 to test. Just get a proper appID from AdMob and put it in your game either manually or using the prefab that comes with the plugin. That's all you need to do to test.

38. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

Thanks but I don't know why it's doesn't works when I just replace the Publisher Id from your default to my own. Below is my step and information. Please help, thanks.

I have change the "AdWhirlAdaper" prefab's Publisher Id from "960486d703f8102d96dc5b26aef5c1e9" to my own "a14de45538a82d3" then the Ad will not show ( included iAd )...

App Settings:
    Test Mode: user test mode setting set in client code
    Google AdSense: User Google AdSense to improve fill rate. .......

But I don't know why the Publish Id seems so difference from your default??

I have generate the code use iPhone Apps config already...

I haven't fill in the "App Store URL:" because I haven't upload the App at the moment.

The Status of Ad is "Inactive: AdMob has never received an ad request for your site." <-- What is this mean? But the code I have generate for few days already....

Regards,
    Simon.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  39. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

I have download the sample of XCode from Admob and I use my Publisher ID and it's can show the Ad after 2 mins. ( Can display the Admob Ad ). But it doesn't works in the plugin.

One of the hints is when I using my publisher ID then even the Apple iAd not show up... Any idea?

Thanks.

Regards,
    Simon.

40. prime31

prime31

@Simon, use the demo scene and stick your publisherId in the inspector (AdMobPrefabTestScene). That should be all you need to test it.

41. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prim31,

Oh! Yes.. I forgot it.. Let me try it out... thanks.. :)

Would you share your experience that what is the meaning on below in Admob and how to solve it? thanks.
    "Inactive: AdMob has never received an ad request for your site."

42. prime31

prime31

@Simon, I've never seen that error before. You may want to check with the AdMob guys for possible solutions.

43. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime31,

The example ( AdMobPrefabTestScene ) still doesn't works with my Publisher ID. Because this is importance to us, so would you using my publisherID to test it.. Would you send me the step or example project with my Publisher ID when it's ok.

My PublisherID : "a14de45538a82d3" <-- Testing with AdMob Xcode example project is working fine.

Here is the link to download my Test Project with my Publish ID. You can download and testing it. thx.

Click Here to Download

On the other hand, can I change the Publisher ID on XCode using your plugin?

Thanks so much for your support.

Regards,
    Simon

ps. The "Inactive: AdMob has never received an ad request for your site." has been fixed. ( AdMob need you click the Ad with your publisherID, I think I have used XCode to generate the Ad and activated it. )

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  44. prime31

prime31

@Simon, I took a blank Unity project, imported the plugin and just built with your publisher ID. It worked fine and an ad displayed within about 20 seconds:

$photo.PNG

45. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

Good! Would you send me the project and let me learning it.. Thanks for your support... :)

ssmchan888@gmail.com

Regards,
    Simon.

46. prime31

prime31

@Simon, I just sent it over but there really isn't any modifications at all...I literally just copy/pasted your Publisher ID in there.

47. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

Sorry for I may mislead you that I am using "AdWhirl Plugins" not "Admob plugin". Your AdMob project which sent to me and this is working fine.

I use AdWhirl because I need "iAd" and "AdMob" ( maybe more later ).

So.. sorry for that and would you try it using "AdWhirl Plugins" with my Publisher ID and please send me the project when successful.

My PublisherID : "a14de45538a82d3"

Thanks again and looking for the good news.. :)

Regards,
    Simon.

48. prime31

prime31

@Simon, you need to enter your ADWHIRL publisher ID in the prefab, not the ADMOB publisher ID.

49. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

Oh! Thanks so much!

It's works now!!! You're so helpful!!!

Thanks so much!

Regards,
    Simon

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  50. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

Just want to say "You are so helpful developer, you not only make good plugin for us and your service is really good!".

So that I have recommend other Unity3D user buy your Plugin, not only the plugin is useful and the importance that is we have your quick followup and service.

We're looking for more plugin from you and we will happy to buy it!!

Thanks again for your service and I am so happy customer using Prime31 ^_^

Regards,
    Simon.