Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Prime31 Tapjoy, AdMob and AdWhirl Plugins now available!

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by prime31, Feb 3, 2011.

1. prime31

prime31

We just rolled out 3 new plugins all aimed at*monotenizing your games.

- AdMob: full support for all 4 available ad types and interstitial ad support
    - Tapjoy: targeted banner ads, virtual goods, Tapjoy app offers and featured app interstitials are all here
    - AdWhirl: support for 13 different ad networks. *Out of the box you get AdMob and iAds and all it takes to ad any of the other 11 ad networks is to drag and drop the SDK in place and enable it from the Prime31 menu

For more information check out the plugins page and the API docs

Don't forget to checkout all the amazing Unity games with Prime31 Inside here.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  2. RobbieDingo

RobbieDingo

Just a quick message to say I've bought a bunch of the prime31 plugins already, and they all work brilliantly out of the box. Mike over at prime31 has also delivered exceptional customer support. Can't recommend these plugins enough!

3. festival

festival

I'm new to Unity.

The plugins come with source code ? I mean AdWhirl and AdMob SDK's updates frequently. So can I drop a new AdMob or AdWhirl SDK into the plugin?

I have read the AdWhirl doc of the plugin.

-Any chance to have the AdWhirl delegates to catch up in Unity?
    -setTestMode() is missing

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  4. prime31

prime31

@festival, the ad vendor SDKs can always be dropped in when updated and they will work fine as long as their are no API changes. Full source code is included with all plugins so that you can modify it to fit your needs. I'll have a look at the AdWhirl test method. I was under the impression it could be togglesd from the web portal so I didn't include that method.

5. festival

festival

Wow full source code thats good!!!!! GREAT!!!!!!!

Testmode is done in code for AdWhirl btw.

The biggest "missing" feature yet on your plugin are those AdWhirl delegates - so the app knows when or when not a add appeared.
    Any chance to have a callback in Unity - or is that beyond the Unity architecture?

6. prime31

prime31

Delegate callbacks are totally doable. I'll put them on the list for the next update.

7. festival

festival

Great!

8. prime31

prime31

@festival, test toggle and ad fail/succeed callbacks are now live.

9. maglat

maglat

Hey Prime :)

when I build my project I get follwoing 2 errors. Can you pls help me in this case?

10. prime31

prime31

@maglat, the error indicates 2 missing AdMob classes which is quite odd. If the AdMob library wasn't linked there would be a lot more missing classes. Are you just building the default plugin test scene? Dis you do a Build then append (not Build and Run!) from Unity?

11. maglat

maglat

If've done the build as always with "build" (not build and run) and click at "replace".
    Those 2 are the "only" missing classes in the opinion of xcode
    Should I manually add the missing stuff? When I look into the xcode project everthing seems to be there, strange...

12. prime31

prime31

@maglat, it looks like everything is getting copied into your project. The only thing that looks out of place is that your AdMob library (libAdMobNoThumb.a) is in your AdWhirlAdMob group instead of the Frameworks group like this:

If you have iChat and either an AIM or Google Talk account shoot me an email to questions (at) prime31 (dot) com and we can setup a quick screen share session to diagnose the issue.

13. maglat

maglat

@prime31 :)
    It worked! after draging the AdMmob libary into the Frameworks folder, everthing works now.
    Thank you for the realy fast support :)

14. prime31

prime31

@maglat, glad it worked for you! I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how it got in the AdWhirlAdMob folder in the first place...

15. maglat

maglat

I hope your head didn't fall off ^^
    Can I help you in this case? Do you need some information about my config or something else?

16. Curious

Curious

Hi Mike,
    I have your other ad plug-ins, do I get valuable things besides those I already have?

Thank you very much

17. prime31

prime31

@maglat, if I can think of anything before my head falls off I'll ask you.

@Curious, the AdWhirl plugin gives you access to 13 ad networks that are configureable from their website. That may or may not be useful to you. Tapjoy is a totally different system though allowing you to setup a virtual currency that can be used to buy items/levels/etc in your game.

18. Curious

Curious

Thanks, gonna have to buy them soon then ;)

Regards

19. festival

festival

Genius.

20. Hodofca

Hodofca

Just to be sure... it doesn't work in unity iphone 1.7 basic version? anyone tried?

21. prime31

prime31

@Hodofca, none of our plugins will work with Unity iPhone 1.7 Basic. True native plugins are only supported on Unity iPhone 1.7 Pro, Unity 3.x Basic and Unity 3.x Pro.

If you are still using Unity iPhone 1.7 Basic the price of admission to get Unity 3.x Basic is well worth it to say the least.

22. festival

festival

@Prime31 Since Unity3.2 is out and features a auto "copy" Xcoce source files from project assets to Xcode - does this affect your plugins?

23. Komar Games

Komar Games

Hi, I have just bought iAd plugin and my question is - how can I test iAd banners in my app? I am adding support iAd network to my game in iTunesConnect and drag and drop the included prefab into the first scene of my game from iAd package, but iAd banners didnt work, even didnt show :( .What I am doing wrong?

24. prime31

prime31

@festival, the plugins don't use and are not effected by the new Unity 3.2 copy feature.

@Komar, what errors do you see logged in the Xcode console? iAds are usually quite vocal about why they are not loading.

25. Komar Games

Komar Games

Ther are no errors - the game builds fine. But I cant see any banners.

Update. Sorry problem solved :). Now it works fine.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  26. prime31

prime31

@Komar, did you double check that the proper bundle ID is set in Unity? Can you copy/paste the Xcode console logs here? Whether successful or not there should be logs of some sort from iAd.

27. Komar Games

Komar Games

Update: problem solved. Again :)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  28. LeshaVH

LeshaVH

Hello, Prime31!

I have two questions:

1) I integrate 3 plugins - GameCenter, StoreKit and TapJoy.
    I got compile and links errors, that I think because of TapJoy got wrong postprocessing:
    it did not add files from folders "\SDK\Components\TJCVirtualGoods\VirtualGood\VGFileDownloading" and "...\ZipArchive"
    and did not add framework libsql3.0

When I add files and add framework - all is good - no error. Please check - because I do not now how to fix unity postprocessing...

2) I got problems with testing StoreKit. I set up products in iTunes for in-app purchases (btw, GameCenter works fine).
    I do following:

bool canMakePayments = StoreKitBinding.canMakePayments();
    Debug.Log( "StoreKit canMakePayments: " + canMakePayments );

if (canMakePayments)
    {
    string productIdentifiers = "...someValidID...";
    StoreKitBinding.requestProductData(productIdentifiers);
    }

But I got respond no such product(s), and when I try to purchase something I get error.

I am signed out of iTunes account,
    but I did not get popup that allows me to sing-in via test account for iTunes.

What I am doing wrong?
    I found info that apple got bug - and purchases do not start work. the fix - just to upload some product and reject it.. Could you please comment this information? Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  29. florin_chircu

florin_chircu

Hello Prime31!
    I am using in my project the following plugins: Mobclix with Admob Support, Social Networking (Twitter and Facebook) and Tapjoy Plugin.
    And the problem is with the Social Network and Tapjoy... (they bought got the Json files, but in different folders) and this is generating build errors: duplicate symbol _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SBJsonBase in /Volumes....
    The question is: Is there any way to solve this? (I've tried removing the files form unity and rebuild but that didn't work)

30. florin_chircu

florin_chircu

Update: problem solved.

31. prime31

prime31

@LeshaVH, to fix your post process issue, just import the Tapjoy package last. It ha the latest version of the post processor so by importing it last it will overwrite the older ones.

Apples sandbox servers often take 24 hours to update. It is also important that you setup test users in iTunes Connect. There are a bunch of bullet points in the documentation that you should check also: http://prime31.com/unity/docs

32. CaptainKiyaku

CaptainKiyaku

Just a quick question about TapJoy, does it use some kind of default menu for all virtual goods or can you get back a list of virtual goods so you can style your layout inside Unity on your own?

33. prime31

prime31

@Kiyaku, Tapjoy has it's own virtual goods view.

34. CaptainKiyaku

CaptainKiyaku

So would that open a shop or something in a new website (leaving the app in the background) or can you integrate it into your app directly?
    Cause i've seen apps that use Tapjoy and they have their own custom view (for example Mega Jump), so that's what i'm wondering.

35. prime31

prime31

@Kiyaku, the plugin exposes a method to show the Tapjoy offers screen and the featured app. If you want to give users the opportunity to purchase your virtual points you will need to implement in app purchase for them. The Tapjoy SDK doesn't have a built in way for you to do that. You can, however spend tap points through their SDK.

36. florin_chircu

florin_chircu

Hello Prime,

I am using Mobclix with Admob Support. All works fine except one thing, when I press an ad from admob that runs in it's own browser (not for those that direct me to AppStore), when I press done, the game resumes (counters restart, sound restarts) but there's no touch (for the game or for the GUI). How can I solve this problem? Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way to restore the touch for the game?

37. Moonjump

Moonjump

I've got the same problem.

38. heiheiun

heiheiun

Hi Prime,

I got error when I upgraded xcode to version 4.3 , when will have the update version for Xcode 4.3 ? thanks.

I have bought iAd, store kit, facebook and GameCenter plug-in. hope will have upgrade release soon..

Thanks in advanced.

39. prime31

prime31

@florin, is the ad an AdMob or a Mobclix ad?

@heiheiun, Xcode 4 has a host of bugs that cause the post processing script to fail. If you want to try out a beta version of a totally new post process system shoot me an email (questions at prime31.com) and I'll send you a copy.

40. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime,

Thanks for your fast reply and support.. When will have a new release version of all prime plugin for Xcode 4? any temporary solution which I can continue to use the existing plugin?

Thanks so much and your great works ( plugin ).

41. florin_chircu

florin_chircu

It's an admob ad. But the odd thing is that most of the admob ads are working correctly (the app doesn't lose touch after resume from the ad), except for those ads that open in some kind of admob browser.

42. heiheiun

heiheiun

Dear Prime,

Thanks!! Please inform us when you have release version. Is it the same link from e-mail to download or you will e-mail us the new link by e-mail?

43. Moonjump

Moonjump

For me it is an ad served by the Mobclix plugin. I am not sure if it is an AdMob ad, or one of the other Mobclix providers. One of the adverts I have seen it on is for Groupon.

44. prime31

prime31

@ssmchan, (from previous reply above) Xcode 4 has a host of bugs that cause the post processing script to fail. If you want to try out a beta version of a totally new post process system shoot me an email (questions at prime31.com) and I'll send you a copy.

45. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime31,

Thanks for your followup. Would you inform me when the iAd for Xcode 4.x when available?

Am I using the same link to download the new release?

Regards,
    Simon

46. prime31

prime31

@ssmchan, whenever there is an update you will get an email with the information.

47. ssmchan

ssmchan

Dear Prime31,

Got it! Thanks so much and your plug-in is really helpful for shorten our development time..

Thanks for your great effort again.. :)

48. Moonjump

Moonjump

It looks like a browser, but from the way it is dismissed, I think it might be the ad window full-screen. Therefore I wonder if the bug fix "[BUG FIX] Fixed issues when dismissing full screen ads." in the Mobclix SDK update today fixes the issue.

49. ciaravoh

ciaravoh

Hello Prime,

thanks for all your work here... You should write a small app to push notification when a new SR/FR is released for one of your package ;-)

50. conaman7

conaman7

I'v moved the libAdMobNoThumb.a file to Frameworks Group. but I can't resolve the problem.
    What can I do?

I am working on iOS SDK 4.2.

------------------------------------------------

I'v found the solution.
    You can move the libAdMobNoThumb.a file Physically from Asset folder.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011