Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

3D Buzz - 3rd-Person Controller with C# - DROP TWO

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Zak, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Zak

Zak

I just wanted to let everyone know that the next drop of videos in 3D Buzz's 3rd-Person Camera/Character System with C# video set is now live and ready for both streaming and download from 3D Buzz. These videos actually begin the process of developing the necessary scripts for the character control system.

There are 11 videos in all, and they can be downloaded from this link completely for free!

Also, you may watch them directly from our streaming section here.

Look for more video releases in this series coming throughout the week!

Thanks, and Happy Learning!

2. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

There has never been better time for Indie Developers or for anyone thinking to learn Unity and C#. I cannot believe how lucky I am that I started to get into Unity and C# about a month ago. Great timing, super lucky that about the same time 3DBuzz started to release all this fantastic free training content.

THANK YOU 3D Buzz, Bubsy/Angela/Zak/Lee/Nelson... for making it so much easier for me to learn Unity and C#, with your generous help plenty of us will have a real chance to learn and make games.

I still cannot believe that all these Videos are free!

3. Nennig

Nennig

3DBuzz is awesome! These guys taught me Maya, Photoshop, XNA and now Unity! I can't believe that all this Unity training is free!
    Thank you, so much !!!

4. jaycee09

jaycee09

Hey guys,

Thanks a ton! for all these free video tutorials. I have just started working on a project that requires character control and your video series really came in handy! I literally went over all the lessons one after the other and followed along the way working on my scripting. However, after the last set of scripting (I am talking about the TP_Camera script), when I tried to hit play, my unity kept crashing all the time :(

After following along hours of tutorials all day, I barely am left with any patience to debug the code all by myself and was wondering if you guys could provide it here in this forum.I just want to test my scene with your script right away just to save some hours of time. Please, it'll be a great great help guys.

Thanks much!

5. Ronkhmps

Ronkhmps

there are many missing concept in these videos, and no support from the site. now we can see why they are free in the first place

6. sefou

sefou

Register to 3DBuzz forum then people will help you . I have finished these tuts and it work perfectly for me.

7. DaneC020

DaneC020

I don't know what you mean by missing concepts... These videos were for educational purposes and explained the type of camera system they were interested in creating while also leaving the code robust enough to have the ability to add your own features. I have gone through the series without any issues and expanded upon the scripts without any problems.

Before complaining here why not create an account on their site and ask for help or pay closer attention to the videos.

-Dane

8. sefou

sefou

+100. i agree. :)

9. eiwer

eiwer

Zak, great video! watching tutorials are fun

10. WedgeBob

WedgeBob

Sounds great, Zak-a-roo! Looking through these as soon as I possibly can.

3D Buzz has been very nice with everything to get me going. Teaching Blender 2.5, teaching C# 2010 along with Unity, teaching Unity in general, and teaching Photoshop, which are tools that I am going to make real use of here, seems like I'm getting a lot more of a hang of this than I ever would have out of library books. Keep it up, Buzz, Zak, Angie, Nelson, Lee, etc... You guys ROCK!!!

11. Xasdman

Xasdman

Hey Guys,
    I have a similar problem as Jaycee. I can play my semi-game based on 3D Buzz's tutorial, but my camera doesn't revolve around the character. If anything, it seems to want to avoid looking at my character. And when I move my character back and forth, the camera doesn't follow him.

Could someone please tell me what my problem is, or give me access to a copy of the correct script? Thanks so much.

And thanks to the guys at 3D Buzz. You're amazing! One of my favourite things about you guys is that, unlike heaps of other YouTube uploaders, you have voices that are easy to listen to. I know it sounds stupid but it really bugs me when you have to listen to some nasal voice for hours on end. Keep up the good work!:D

12. yyyusufyyy

yyyusufyyy

drag an object ( cube , syphere etc. ) in your character which name as "targetLookAt" . if your scripts are ok, it would work.

13. yyyusufyyy

yyyusufyyy

btw, is anyone create this third person system according to the 3d buzz tutorials completely fine before?

14. chronos78

chronos78

I have, but then I wrote the system in the first place over two years ago. ;) The biggest issue many have is forgetting to point the system to a gameObject called "targetLookAt" that is parented to the character. Not the best way of doing it but that series of videos was designed for people who are just beginning to write scripts and therefore avoids using more advanced coding practices that would be used in a production system.

15. lukwagoallan

lukwagoallan

im having trouble with d camera script is there any way some one can post the correct camera script

16. Nubz

Nubz

What videos did you watch??
    targetLookAt needs to be an empty game object not a cube or a sphere.