Search Unity

kinect poi

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by amir, Jan 27, 2011.

1. amir

amir

Kinect Poi

Let's do something awesome: email amir at tinkerheavy if you want to collaborate!!! I'm looking for people with experience making multiplayer games in Unity3D and with deep understanding of character rigging and inverse kinematics.

2. ExDeaDguY

ExDeaDguY

This is pretty neat! I like the cool things people are doing with the kinect!

But, one thing I dont really understand is.. Apparently the kinect has some sort of mis-read bug. since it reads legs and arms spin 180 degrees of the opposite way that it should be, ex: limbs becoming twisted. (Which I I've seen in almost all of the videos people have done with the kinect and character movement) So why don't people come up with a way to restrain the joints from spinning beyond a certain point o_O. Thats what I'd do at-least xD

3. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

As I watched your video the first thing I thought was that this would be a perfect tool for a martial arts game or training simulator.

4. amir

amir

Hi Xeno,

I'm directly manipulating my rig based on the joint orientation data. I have other examples that tracking the position data. It is better to use the position data that puts your character into the right orientation using all of its skeleton data regardless of the size of it's limbs and such. The problem to solve is inverse kinematics. Some people are working on it already:

I want to combine the IK's with physical ragdolls that have hair, cloth and elephant trunks (http://tinkerheavy.com/tinker) A big problem is preventing the limbs from going inside the body. This is more than just constraints on the rotation, you probably need to convert the IK derived orientation into forces acting on the ragdoll or just use preset animations driven by gestures... tons of options.

5. Jordii

Jordii

You and your dancepartner look hawt amir, good work :)