Search Unity

PayPal linked. in-App License Manager for Unity3D

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by roycdavies, Jan 26, 2011.

1. roycdavies

roycdavies

Get from: http://www.forwardthinking.org.nz/paypal.html

Features

Secure license checking against a server before Unity3D App will continue to run.
    • Freely distribute your Unity3D App (web, standalone, mobile). It can then only be used with a valid license, so it doesn’t matter how many times the App is copied.

All or part of your App can be locked behind the license.
    • Have some free stuff, and some stuff available to license holders.

Perpetual or Subscription licenses (in steps of 1 week)
    • Flexibility – sometimes you want to keep the price low per week, and provide your App as a service, other times, you want to let people use it as much as they like, until the next major release.

Uses https and post to communicate with the License Manager Service. Further, passwords are only sent in encrypted form.
    • A high level of security gives peace of mind.

New versions of your App can be given new license numbers so that people have to upgrade.
    • Once you have saturated the market, but have a new, better version, you can encourage people to upgrade.

Completely automated integration with PayPal – purchase occurs without any intervention from you.
    • You get an email whenever a license is bought, and regular amounts of money end up in your PayPal account.

Demo time to allow potential buyers to play with your App before purchasing – you set the length of time.
    • Potential clients often want to try before they buy – give them a few minutes to have a go with the full App.

Bulk licensing options – a third party can bulk-buy licenses for your App, and then distribute a special code which allows their clients to get a license.
    • This is excellent for schools and training institutes, as well as for building other distribution channels.

Quiet mode allows limited time activity of your App
    • You can make a demo App that only runs for a period of time (say, a few minutes) or until you revoke the license at the server (allowing people to use the App until a certain date).

Central license management server, but once logged in once, user can be disconnected from the server.
    • Offline use of the App is allowed.

User can administer their own details.
    • Freedom to setup new passwords (securely), change some basic details, reset passwords, etc.

2. colinter220

colinter220

Amazing! Very Useful!!

3. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

I'm not sure I understand what you're offering. Are you selling the code for a license manager so we can integrate it into our Unity projects and website, or are you selling a service? Also, when I tried to log into the demo the log in window added a space every time I tried to hit the shift key to enter a @ in my email address.

4. Dreamora

Dreamora

Given it works invisibly or at least seems to: Does it work for non UK / non US devs where the payflow gateway options are not available at all?

Also I recommend you to change the wording cause this option is not available on iOS (so not mobile in general but android only, if at all. Google is to offer a similar option and might enforce it), apple will autoreject any application using anything but In-App Store for payment

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  5. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

This seems pretty useful if it works well. Does it depend on a server that you manage and run (which might not exist in future) or on paypal's systems?

6. BigB

BigB

This seems interesting, but as ImaginaryHuman asked, where is this server ? This is on your side, exclusively, right ?
    What worries me with this is, how about if we place a game out there, waiting for people to license it, and in 1 year you shut down the server ?
    This depends on you, or no paypal ?

7. Tzan

Tzan

Hi Roy, you have an interesting product, but you need to answer questions.
    Either here or on your own web site or both.

Since this seems like you are hosting servers, you should have a forum on your web site to:
    - Get new users
    - Support existing users

Perhaps find someone who can handle the marketing work for you.

Good Luck!

8. mehware

mehware

I bought the software, I look forward to testing it out and giving feedback.

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  9. unity3dx

unity3dx

Are you trying to sell a payment module thru an untrusted website, so that you can steal our sales???