Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Asset store activation

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by andeeeee, Jan 21, 2011.

1. andeeeee

andeeeee

There have been a small number of cases where people registering for the asset store have not received a confirmation e-mail. Since this e-mail contains a link that activates the account, it essentially blocks access to the store. If you have waited more than a few hours for the e-mail then please send me a PM on the forum or e-mail support@unity3d.com and we will activate your account manually.

2. rahuxx

rahuxx

what if i purchase some package?
    After download where i can find it?
    what if i downloaded on different system but want to use it on other system?

please reply.
    rahu

3. monsterZERO

monsterZERO

Hi, stupid question, but how/where do I register for the asset store? I can't seem to find a way... Thanks.

4. andeeeee

andeeeee

You can register using the asset store window in the Unity editor (menu: Window > Asset Store).

5. JohnyZuper

JohnyZuper

I just get an empty window when I choose the Window > Asset Store menu... :_(

6. andeeeee

andeeeee

Have you tried reverting to default window settings? (Menu: Window > Layouts > Revert Factory Settings)

7. JohnyZuper

JohnyZuper

Just did. No effect. Still a blank window. (I'm on OSX, by the way)

8. andeeeee

andeeeee

Please can you file a bug report for this (menu: Help > Report A Bug).

9. JohnyZuper

JohnyZuper

I just noticed that I have version 3.1.0f3. And the Update Check tells me that the most recent version is 3.2.0f4. Could that be the problem?

10. andeeeee

andeeeee

Upgrading to Unity 3.2 might solve it - please post again to let us know if it does.

11. JohnyZuper

JohnyZuper

Yes. Upgrading to Unity 3.2 did solve the problem.

12. herpderpy

herpderpy

@Rahuxx - I'm pretty sure the asset store was developed so that users wouldn't try to use models they have purchased on one machine on another. Mostly to do with copyrights. Saying that, you can just copy over the model from your hard-drive onto a USB device and transfer it that way.

13. warby

warby

i clicked on my account name / email address in the bottom left corner of the asset store window and came to a profile page that had a

"resend confirmation mail" button

which delivered what it promised nobody else with the issue had success with that button ?!

14. johnacsyen

johnacsyen

I too have a blank asset store window. I uninstalled and re-installed the latest version (version 3.3.0f4). I even reactivated my free license.

There is an error on the console window when I open the asset store in a brand new project:
    SyntaxError: Parse error
    ReferenceError: Can't find variable: Ajax

Can some one help? I am using Windows XP

Thanks

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  15. johnacsyen

johnacsyen

[SOLVED]

Support has activated my account and now I can see the content of asset store.

Thanks Support.

John Ang

16. tonycrew

tonycrew

Tried to register on asset store, it keeps saying fill in required missing fields no matter if they are all filled in or not. I have the latest version installed....?

Running Windows 7 Upto Date except IE9....

17. epitom3

epitom3

I have the same issue as tonycrew where it says that I am missing fields even if I filled them all out.

Running Safari

18. epitom3

epitom3

nevermind, I got it to work for me

19. Bampf

Bampf

Did it just start working for you folks? Because I'm getting the error where it demands required fields that I've already filled in, and I'm unable to get past it. A hint would be appreciated.

20. andeeeee

andeeeee

@Bampf: I've activated your account manually, so you should be OK now. The error you encountered has been logged.

21. Bampf

Bampf

Thanks!

I just saw on Answers that the error about needing to supply all required fields might mean that that user is already registered. So I reset my password and that seemed to work. I'm not sure whether that would have been enough if you hadn't already stepped in, but either way, thanks for the assist!

22. ZRock

ZRock

for some strage reoson i cant login to the unity assest store it says welcome but i wont be singed in can some one plz help me

23. ZRock

ZRock

never mind its solved

24. mreaves

mreaves

I am having issues which I have posted about elsewhere. It seems to grab the asset store catalogue, very slowly and without images, but I can't actually buy anything, it just says timed out or problem connecting to the server. It looks like the catalogue may be out of date as it works at home but not at work. It also says it can't connect to the update server if I try that.
    My firewall is disabled so it can't be that. Is there a proxy setting somewhere? Although given it does seem to grab the asset catalogue so I'm not sure that is the issue.
    It is making the evaluation a bit of a pain as there as some things we'd like to try.

25. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

That "authorization 400" error is really annoying. All you have to do is click on "Publisher Account" at the top so it logs you in to the system as a publisher, then preview and submission start working. I hope it's just a bug, 'coz otherwise it's just terrible design.

26. LeoCForgotten

LeoCForgotten

I wish it were made ​​of the activation of my Account in Asset Store, my email is the same as is recorded in the forum

'wish it were done manually activated, but have not received my activation email, waited for hours. I am Brazilian...
    Thanks!'

27. Returner

Returner

I posted this under the Topics section but so far no replies. I was hoping someone here might know what the issue might be.

Posted: 12:52 AM 16 Hours Ago
    I picked up a new Macbook Pro and when I goto the asset store it doesn't fully render. I don't have any issues with Unity or Unity's website. No clue what to do did a search and couldn't find anybody else with this issue.

28. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

Your best bet is to send a bug report using the internal bug reporter along with screenshots/videos and info regarding your machine specs.

29. denis160198

denis160198

30. Makoo

Makoo

Can you please acctivate my asset store account? :)

31. Fascination2010

Fascination2010

I've been waiting for a week now and still nothing :/
    Well, guess I'll ask manually then

32. Fascination2010

Fascination2010

Can you Activate my account :/
    Made an account two weeks ago and i got nothing

33. zenlimon

zenlimon

OK... but when?

34. zenlimon

zenlimon

wait, this has been going on for almost 5 years and it's STILL NOT FIXED!!!!!!