Search Unity

Triball ,3D Adventure game

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by fransh, Jan 19, 2011.

1. fransh

fransh

Hi everyone!

I would like to show the game I am working on right now, it is called Triball.
    In this game the player is a ball and needs to roll around the world. In this world these balls live in tribes. Basically we replaced the human element with these living spheres. The all have their own personality and wars are going on between the different tribes.
    The player will have the advantages and disadvantages of being completely round! Giving unique gameplay in combination with the adventure genre.

The game is currently being developed by my team consisting of 4 people, at the University of Applied science in Leeuwarden, located in the Netherlands

* update 19 july*
    New trailer! This trailer should give a better idea what the game is about, I hope you enjoy it :)
    Trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ugPLHJdHK8&feature=player_embedded

*update 24 March*
    A blog is now up and running! I will use my personal blog to share the development of Triball with not only the Unity community, but everyone who is interested in gamedesign. Of course all major changes will also be posted in here, but for the real inside look that blog is worth checking once every couple of days :)

Blog: http://franshaeck.blogspot.com/

*Update 30 may*
    The game is developed so far that we are going to run an internal Q&A the following days. Meaning that the primary game mechanics should be working as intended. Got some new screenshots showing some of the ability's the player will have to stay alive in the game. There are nine ability's available to the player, these screens show three of them.

For (a lot) more information, please check out our blog.

New screenshots:
    Bullettime:

Firewall:

Force field:

New screenshot 1:

New screenshot 2:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  2. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Looking good man. Can't wait to see the finished effect.

3. PolyMad

PolyMad

Nice nice... I'm getting all my concepts stolen, there must be a spy in my room.

4. milesamallow

milesamallow

Impressive can't wait to see more.

5. Jessy

Jessy

Nice pun. :)

6. fransh

fransh

7. justicar

justicar

Very interesting. Good-looking world. Looks fun.

8. fransh

fransh

*added Blog link*

9. CoatlGames

CoatlGames

looks very cool

10. BlueRadius

BlueRadius

man this looks awsome, i really love the levels as well as the concept

11. Tim_GD8

Tim_GD8

Looks great! when will it be released? :)

12. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

So I see I am not the only one who likes to play with balls, eh?

13. Cnaff

Cnaff

lol

So at first I saw the top screen shot and was extremely impressed, than I saw the ball dude and i wasn't very impressed. After that I saw the half circle bridge and thought, oh wow this guys actually got something! Keep up the good work, the enviroments look really good.

14. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

Very impressive work!

I love how each level is designed,and the game idea about all those tribes is really cool!
    Every tribe could have their own habits,their own ,,dances".You could add some effects to those balls,make the look a little bit more ,,tribal",more marks or some effects,maybe?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  15. fransh

fransh

We are working on that these days actually :) More markings and and different colors.
    Most say that a lot is already done, but there are a couple of skins that still need to be worked out. Won't be long until I got some material to show for that :) If you are interested, I keep the blog updated regularly with updates like that, and I am planning to keep doing so until the development of the game is finished. URL is in the main post.

Thanks for the feedback, and thanks to all the others for the positive comments :)

16. fransh

fransh

*Updated new screens in main post, bullet time, firewall and forcefield*

17. jonbonazza

jonbonazza

I love the heart system! I have always liked that type of health system and really wish more games would adopt it!

18. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

I love how you have taken the generic ball rolling concept but you have made it very original, I love it :)

19. fransh

fransh

Thanks for noticing :) I wanted to make this game to have a lot of "old scool" elements. Like actual health pickups, and energy pickups and the classic coin like pickup that can be used to increase score and buy ability's.

Glad you like it, it was a bit of a risk when the development started out.. But it turned out to be a lot fun :D

20. IPete

IPete

Looks beautiful so far - great work!

Would love to see this when it is finished.

21. strobe

strobe

Great work! Love the fantasy styled environment, looking forward to see more screenies!

22. fransh

fransh

Thanks guys, I am glad to get such positive feedback. At the start I was not entirely sure about the style, personally i like the way it turned out, but it does a lot of good to see others react positively about it as well!

23. 95KillerZ95

95KillerZ95

It looks very nice!
    Keep it up!

24. fransh

fransh

We got some new screen shots to show, and a lot of updates on the blog since last post. So for all those that are interested, enjoy the new screens :)

25. fransh

fransh

*update 19 july, new trailer added*