Search Unity

Unity builds for Android Emulator

Discussion in 'Android' started by Xroft666, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Xroft666

Xroft666

Hi everyone! I've been trying to make unity build for NDK for a few days. My application crashes when I am trying to launch it. In Dalvik Monitor I have got an error:
    "libEGL: called unimplemented OpenGL ES API"

Here is a small tutorial:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/72...e-on-Android-emulator-(youtube-video-tutorial)

I asked the author about my problem, but he doesnt know, because his apps launch without any problems at all.

My emulator emulates Android 2.1, Unity3d build is for Universal platforms type, so OpenGL version is 1.x

The very builds work perfectly on physical device

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  2. Dreamora

Dreamora

Can't answer the explicit question but I I still wanted to "warn you" or save you time: The emulator with NDK + ES applications even on high end machines gets barely over a few frames (significantly worse than the original beta ipad simulator), I'm not sure that it makes any sense at all to waste time towards it. Its well suited for java applications but not for ndk - OES games at least not at the time.

3. Xroft666

Xroft666

Well thanks. I dont have my own android, so i have to stay at my boss's office to test my builds. So I thouth that the emulator could help my sitting home :)

4. PolyMad

PolyMad

The emulator was a delusion to me... very very very VERY slow even of damn fast machines... how is that possible.

5. Xroft666

Xroft666

It is sad. I mean this is not PlayStation emulator, so why it is so slow?