Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Warehouse Interior

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Migueljb, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Migueljb

Migueljb

Attached Files:

2. NathanWarden

NathanWarden

Awesome work Miguel, looks great!!! :)

3. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Very nice. Great lighting and texture work!

4. Migueljb

Migueljb

Cool Thanks guys!! Here was my reference image I used but added in my own flavor to the scene.

-Miguel

Attached Files:

5. bgivenb

bgivenb

Great work!

6. BRIK

BRIK

Awesome modeling and texturing, I did notice that the frame rate suffered a little bit because of it though.
    But that is not surprising considering how detailed it is.

7. rsbombard

rsbombard

Nice work, are you going to be using this for a level in a game?

8. wrm186

wrm186

Nice work! Wow!

But i played it, and it was really laggy for me...

9. Migueljb

Migueljb

Reason FPS suffers a bit is its using alot of unity's post processing effects like bloom, SSAO, sunshafts and the dual lightmapping system with soft shadows. If I made it use only lightmaps, no soft shadows and took off the SSAO would run alot smoother. I figured I would go almost all out and see what unity can produce. I could add alot more detail and unity would be able to handle it no problem. It's pretty much just a matter of how many effects you bunch together and if you use the soft shadows or not with the dual lightmapping system how your level will run if everything else is in place when optimized.

As for this being in a game no... Was just working on a level for my portfolio to see what I could come up with, with unity's next gen type effects and beast lightmapping system. So yes in the right hands unity can produce some pretty cool stuff on par with the big boys:)

If you look at my portfolio page you'll see the wire frame shots of how I created the level. Nothing fancy just good low polygon modeling with good texture work and Normal maps. Then some lighting tricks in unity to pull it all together.

10. KarelA

KarelA

This is beautiful. You have a lot of talent. I have been trying to get these kinds of visuals for a long time. Would you not mind sharing some of your Beast settings :)

11. Migueljb

Migueljb

Hey Gotmilk. Sure thing here's my beast settings.

But really there is no magical numbers that you can just plug in but here are my final render settings that produce that lighting for this scene. I also used some other point lights where there would be hot spots on the ground so it looks like there's light bouncing around from the ground on the walls and in the adjacent areas which really helps out the look more.

Also to point out I modeled this in meters so it works with unity's scale system and I think that modeling in unitys units help out with the lighting, sort of how the physics engine works with the correct scale. Wonder if anyone can confirm this or not as well?

-Miguel

Attached Files: