Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Made something cool or useful? Submit your work to the Unity Asset Store!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by caitlyn, Jan 14, 2011.

1. caitlyn

caitlyn

Howdy, Caitlyn here. I'm Content Manager for the Unity Asset Store.

Because I see so much great work here in the showcase forum, I want to be sure that you all know about the Unity Asset Store. It's a marketplace situated directly in the Unity Editor-- choose Window > Asset Store to check it out! We've got about 170 assets for sale as of today, and we're always looking for great content to grow the store. We simply have a 70/30 split in your favor, with our top content providers selling over $2000 in content a month.

We're looking for...

• Complete Projects (for learning or re-tooling)
    • Art Packages (models, textures, prefabs, characters, you name it)
    • Sound Effects and Music
    • Editor Extensions
    • Script Packages
    • Learning Materials

We'll consider anything else useful and time-saving to the developer community. It's an easy way to monetize your creations and expose your work to thousands of Unity developers. Best of all, developers can shop directly in the Unity editor-- your sale is just a click away. Although we're a bit picky about quality, do submit your work for consideration!

PS We also accept submissions of cupcakes, which should be posted directly to 50 Osgood Place, San Francisco, CA. ;)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  2. JRavey

JRavey

I can't speak for others, but frameworks and tools are the most interesting to me personally.

3. Acumen

Acumen

I'd find it quite nice and useful if there was a bigger preview avaiable of some of the assets published in the store to get a feeling for the required quality and quantity of asset packages.
    Would that be possible ? Because I'd really like to participate in this asset store thing :)

4. 3dDude

3dDude

Well frankly, I am not impressed with the asset store. I submitted my entry over a month ago and still, I have not heard a reply. :(

5. caitlyn

caitlyn

3dDude, I'm really sorry to hear that!

Definitely that was a fluke.

We switched our submission system from a manual setup to a smarter database system, and I'm afraid that some manual submissions might have been lost. I tried to catch every manual submission but it looks like a couple fell through the cracks. It's our policy to inform everyone who submits content whether or not it has been accepted and why, so we'll never leave you without a response. I invite you to please resubmit it using the latest version of the tool:

http://unity3d.com/unity/editor/asset-store-submit

And I promise we'll have a look within a few days, so do please send it in. =)

Yeah! There's some really amazing editor extensions out there now.. like Editor++ or Playmode Persist.. these editor plug-ins do things I wouldn't have thought possible without source code (or in a new version). It's great to see people adapt and expand the Editor like this.

Cheers

Caitlyn

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  6. 3dDude

3dDude

Thank you for the link! I resubmitted.

7. KarelA

KarelA

Hey Caitlyn

I have several questions.

I can put labels on my FBX files and i also can put labels on the prefabs (which are containing the fbx files anyway) Is it OK if i just label my prefabs or do i have to put labels on everything? (geometry, textures, sound files and etc).

Also the publisher page in documentation confuses me a little bit. I read in the forums that the publisher page is in the works. Where should i put my company info meanwhile? Only place i can put it is in the description window. Do i have to put my URL and company name in there?

I also have read that many people actually dont have any clue if their submissions went trough. Will Unity send us some kind of a confirmation mail that our submissions are up for consideration?

Thanks

EDIT:

OK i just submitted my package to Asset Store and i can answer some of my own questions. About developer profile. When i clicked submit, another window popped out asking me for developer info and also i had to agree with the license agreement. After that Unity was kind enough to display the uploading proccess. And now i have "pending for review" status there. I also put label on every asset that was in the package.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  8. RElam

RElam

I didn't notice anything in the docs about upgrade pricing, if any. The stuff I read implied to me that as a provider I would be required to provide upgrades at no cost. Does this mean I can't charge for upgrades when Unity 4 is out, but must provide an upgrade? I'd like to have a pretty similar upgrade scheme/price as Unity itself, is that something I missed?

Also, any plans for bulk licensing options?

9. caitlyn

caitlyn

Hey all!

GotMilk:

Prefabs would be fine!

Right-- as I think you discovered, the submission tool will guide you through the developer information submission process too, when you do send in a submission.

We review each and every one and make sure everyone gets a response. If you submitted an asset waaay back in November and never heard from us, just drop me a line or preferably resubmit it, as back then we had a different system for tracking submissions.

Well, it's a -little- gray in some areas. Basically if your asset requires functionality only available in the next version family of Unity, you can release it as a new version. We're probably going to be calling this on a case-by-case basis. We just want to be fair. :)

That's a fine idea, although we haven't got it planned. However, in the event that a customer writes us at the asset store about a huge quantity of licenses, we can get together and talk about it.

Hope this helps! Keep the submissions comin'. :)

Origxn likes this.
  10. 3dDude

3dDude

Sorry, I cant help but wondering... Did I get any sales? :eek:

Sorry if this is off topic :(

11. Wadoman

Wadoman

Hello,
    I'd like to know if its possible to transfer non asset store(pre-asset store) purchases to the asset store for easier updates and downloading?

Thank you

12. wisdomknight

wisdomknight

Are you saying that content creators cannot follow their own sales records?!
    I might have to reconsider submitting content if this is the case.

13. wisdomknight

wisdomknight

BTW is any 3d artist selling anything more than once or twice of the same product?
    Im assuming the "top content providers selling over $2000 in content a month" are selling Editor Extensions
    and Script Packages. Please correct me if I am wrong.

14. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Not at this time, no, but they did say they're working on it.

--Eric

15. wisdomknight

wisdomknight

thank you

16. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Caitlyn, I was thinking of making some cupcake assets. My concern is that they would not actually reach the asset store, due to the staff stealing them. What do you think?

17. coin-god

coin-god

The staff stealing them? What's the matter with you?

18. Neodrop

Neodrop

Eric, you are missed this : https://assetstore.unity3d.com/index.html

Seller can easyly control his selling info.

19. ScienceFiction

ScienceFiction

Lol, those must be some tasty cupcakes, red velvet cake right?

20. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

I didn't miss it; it wasn't available when I wrote that reply.

--Eric

21. gingir

gingir

Is it just me or the link is loading terribly slow?

22. lod3

lod3

Hello,

After trying a submission today and having Unity go haywire with redundant compression dialogs (followed by a huge memory leak), I came across this:

...on this page. Only I was following this page when I submitted, which made no mention of needing to have 'Standalone' selected, and naturally I had just made Webplayers and was still on that platform :)

So, after seeing that video and reading that important line, I tried submitting again - assuming all the erratic Unity behavior from before was a bug from being on the wrong platform. Also, I neither got the Unity License Agreement, nor any submission confirmation dialog the first time.

Well, when I tried submitting the second time, it was acting as if the original submission went through, so the second submission went in as an update.

My question is... in the interest of avoiding a potential 2-week wait just to discover that my package never submitted correctly in the first place, is there anything I can do in the meantime? Should I create a new package with all the exact information and images from before, with a note to Unity reviewers to disregard past submissions from my publisher account?

Also, is 'Main Assets' the tiny thumbnail previews of individual assets in a package when browsing the Asset Store? If so, is there a maximum amount that can be selected? I had 92 items checked, but upon closing and re-opening the draft, it automatically deselects a third of these, leaving only the first 33 items selected. Is that normal, or am I misinterpreting the use of 'Main Assets'?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Edit: Submitting a duplicate failed since the product name registered on the first submission attempt. So I updated the title on the original with an affixed [DELETE ME] (hoping to clear the name), but that didn't work, and now it won't submit any further update at all.

Caitlyn, I need your help, please.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  23. thegdeveloper

thegdeveloper

Is there a restriction about the countries that you accept content sellers? Cause I am from Greece and the system does not accept my greek vat number

24. evgeniy.utkinco

evgeniy.utkinco

This isn't in the assets store, but if you are an iPhone dev that has iaps with a virtual currency, check out this plugin recently released for Unity for slots and scratch off minigames, InAppFuel "The Minigame SDK for Mobile Developers."

First I saw an article about InAppFuel in VentureBeat, then I signed up after meeting with them at GDC, integrated it within an hour into my app (considering the customization of the themes), and have been able to drive a considerable amount of revenue through the new iaps.

Here is the link- http://inappfuel.com