Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Traces of Illumination - V1.1.1

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by jashan, Jan 11, 2011.

1. jashan

jashan

It's been a while since I officially published a release of Traces of Illumination (see here) - one reason being that progress has been really slow during the last two years. But the project's still alive and I've released V1.1.1 right the first day of 2011. There were still some problems with posting to the Webserver so I didn't make a public announcement but … problems fixed - announcement is here, and 11-01-11 is just as cool a date as 01-01-11 ;-)

V1.1.1 is primarily a single-player release and in fact, I currently don't even have a multiplayer-server up and running. I'll do multiplayer testing for V1.1.2 so with that release, there'll also be multiplayer again (still based on Unity's built-in networking - eventually, I'm planning to move to a Photon-based backend but that will quite a severe refactoring, so that's scheduled for a 2.0 release).

For full release notes of V1.1.1, see: ToI V1.1.1 release notes.

This version introduces Awards - for an overview, check out the Awards page on www.ramtiga.com, currently, only the awards for Tutorials and Single-Player are implemented which is a good start to test the system. You need to be logged in with a user-account on www.ramtiga.com to register high-scores and awards. Awards and Hi-Scores are currently not supported in the standalone versions - but they are in the Web players and I'm hoping to see lots of players that have earned awards ;-)

There's a new scoring system based on the original Snake game mechanics where snakes eat apples. There's green, yellow and red apples in Traces of Illumination. However, there's another way to gain score which is even more effective: When you collect a power-up, it's "icon" starts falling and bouncing. After a while it self-explodes - but if you shoot it before that, you gain 333 … so that's really the quickest way to get into the high score ... also keep in mind that you can "farm power-ups", so you could collect all shoot-wall power-ups in one session, and then even more in another session - and then finally "spend" them all in a final session dedicated to getting into the high-score list (and maybe earning the award Top High Score) ;-)

The Web player's currently not size-optimized, so the (streamed) download may take a little while - please be patient. Also, on lower-end machines you might experience some pretty bad FPS as I haven't done much performance optimizations. Nevertheless I'm interested on feedback how it runs on different systems (I'm also doing some tracking of client-side performance so you're providing that kind of feedback by playing alone ;-) ).

2. PolyMad

PolyMad

I get error both on Chrome and Opera :(

Apart this, you really need somebody to help you with colours and graphics :D :D :D
    Are you colour blind?

3. jashan

jashan

Oh, no good ... works fine for me in Chrome (6.0.472.55, on Mac ... and also in 8.0.552.231) ... doesn't in Opera, though. Where exactly are you seeing problems?

:cool: no ... I just like intense colors.