Search Unity

Asset selector window

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by sberlemont, Jan 9, 2011.

1. sberlemont

sberlemont

Hi,

How to call the Asset selector window (see screenshots) from an editor script?

This window shows up for example when clicking on "select" in a material component.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. disband85

disband85

Your question seems a bit vague. Can you provide a code example of what you're trying to do? If you're just trying to assign a different texture to a material in code, there's no need to open the asset selector window. You would just use GetComponent<Material>() to get the material and call SetTexture().

3. sberlemont

sberlemont

I would like to select an asset (model) which is in the project view from a GUI. I wonder if there is a function similar to EditorUtility.OpenFilePanel() that displays the asset of a particular type (Texture, Model, etc.).

For example, when you click on "select" (see screenshot above) on a texture, a selection window appears. I wonder how to call this window from a script.

4. sberlemont

sberlemont

any idea?

5. Jesse Anders

Jesse Anders

Check the docs for EditorGUI and EditorGUILayout. I haven't done much editor scripting recently, but there should be a control there that will allow you to select an asset of a specified type.

6. GlitchEnzo

GlitchEnzo

I was just looking for the exact same thing, and I prefer it when the actual answer is given in the forum thread, so here it is:

You specificially want the ObjectField method. To use it with a Texture, you would do the following

Code (csharp):
    1. myTexture = (Texture2D)EditorGUILayout.ObjectField("My Texture", myTexture, typeof(Texture2D), false);

cinbot123 and quyrean like this.