UniSky implemented in the island example project
Hey guys - just wanted to let you all know that UniSky, our procedural sky tool, is now available on the Asset Store.
It costs $100 USD ($125 where VAT applies) and includes all future updates. This tool is functional with Unity Indie as well as Unity Pro but in Unity Indie the illumination (3d shading) is disabled due to its usage of render targets.
* 24 hour day/night cycle with sun, moon and stars
* Atmospheric scattering for realistic sky colors at any time of day
* Dynamic directional light color and positioning for the sun and moon
* Procedural 2D cloud animation with dynamic 3D lighting and shading
* Parameterized cloud cover, precipitation level, atmospheric scattering, glow, wind direction/speed and colors
* Highly optimised and runs almost entirely on the GPU
To clarify, the clouds are not volumetric and so are not "fly-through" - this was decided because volumetric clouds usually cost more performance-wise than they are worth. Dynamic 3D lighting is implemented to achieve a similar 3D look without the overhead of polygonal clouds.
For more screenshots, visit the website at: http://www.sixtimesnothing.com/unisky/
To watch a brief video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMM6tfgviS8
You can also view a tutorial video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjHJBwNs2pw
Edit - Added a video with our custom sun shaft effect that will be included with the upcoming weather release: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iFOl_RZgMY
Thanks and good luck on your projects!