Search Unity

arm6 and arm7 questions

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by DaveyJJ, Dec 31, 2010.

1. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

OK, so I'm trying to compile my iPad-only game. I can only pick arm6 or universal (arm6 and 7) in the Player Prefs. Either way, the following compiler warning comes up in XCode ...

warning: iPad only apps should not include an armv6 architecture (current ARCHS = "armv6 armv7")

There is obviously no way to exclude arm6. Can I change something in XCode in the settings to fix this?

Can I ignore this?

Also, what should my SDK target be set to ... at least 3.2?

Thanks.

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

Project - Edit Active Target -> switch to optimized there.

base sdk must be 4.2 or you can't send in at all (if you aren't there yet you must upgrade your iOS sdk). Deployment target can be 3.2 or 4.2, that will define if the ipad must be on 4.2 or if 3.2 is supported too.

3. FIllbiker

FIllbiker

For iphone must the FW be 4.2> too???
    I have 4.1 and set Optimized ARM7 only, valid architectures armv7 only too and my app was build without problem to my iphone4G. (minimum FW requirements set to 4.1)
    You mean that if it's compiled in 4.1 for 4.1 and higher, I won't be able to send my app to review? (until it will be compiled for 4.2>) ???

4. defjr

defjr

Base SDK is different than build target. ;)

5. FIllbiker

FIllbiker

And can I release it from 3.1 > (3gs, iphone 4) with UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities = armv7 ?? Or armv7 is from 4.1> only? (my game has OpenGL_ES2.0 so I need to run on this OpenGL only..)

6. Dreamora

Dreamora

ARMV7 only requires iOS 4.0 at build target.

If you target iOS 3.x you must provide ARMV6 and ARMV7

.1 versions of iOS are never a requirement, the requirements and changes at least so far always were bound to the .0 versions of the iOS

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  7. FIllbiker

FIllbiker

1] Thank you for super fast reply.. So for OpenGL ES 2.0 only I must build for target 4.0 and higer, yes?

2] And about UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities, if I build my game in Unity, than Xcode build it a run, I quit the app and open Info.plist, add UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities with value armv7 and save it. After new build from Unity my Info.plist is without UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities again? It means I must do it manualy after every new Unity build? Or I miss something?

3] And in xcode project settings I let standard armv6 and armv7 to be able build the app? Because o
    Optimized armv7 doesn't work.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  8. SteveJ

SteveJ

Hey guys - been reading quite a few threads on this topic, but can't find the definitive answer.

I'm about to release a Unity app. I only want to allow users with a 3GS or above (or equiv. iPod, iPad) to purchase the game.

How do I go about disallowing earlier devices?

There seems to be a lot of debate about whether or not setting armv7 is the way to go. If I'm targeting iOS 4 (which I am), is setting armv7 only the way to go?

I considered simply adding to the app description "Will only run on 3GS+" and letting the users figure it out for themselves.

9. iguana_02

iguana_02

Hi guys, i also have a question with this armv6 - armv7.
    If i build my app for both iphone and ipad with arm7 only when i build it on xcode i receive a warning that says: "iphone apps should include armv6"...its just a warning but i was wondering if this will be a problem for Apple (reject??).

Thanks.

Iguana.