Unity Community

Page 27 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Boston
    Yes. PlayMakerGUI is a component that you can just delete (or not add to the scene).

2. Posts
    Hi Alex, thanks for answering those questions. You now have a new customer.
    Kids MatchPoint Challenge 1.0 is now available on the App Store. Feedback?
    Facebook Page: iByte Productions

3. Location
    Boston
    Fantastic! Make sure to join the playmaker forums: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/

See you there...

4. Posts
    I sended a PM to you, waiting for answer.
    Thanks (and sorry for my bad English)

5. Posts
    I got some questions; tried sending it to the official email but there's no reply, so I guess I'll try those here.

Is the license of PlayMaker bind to an individual, to machine or to the copy of Unity3D it is registered for?

6. Location
    Boston
    Hi extrakun,

The Playmaker license is tied to a single user (not machine or Unity license). We'll add this to the FAQ...

Hey Alex,

I think Playmaker looks great, however I'm developing for mobile platforms so naturally I'm concerned about performance. I've read the FAQ and I also saw that someone else had performane inquiries earlier on in the thread. Is there a screencast that goes into more depth on mobile performance using Playmaker and using object pools? How is the integrated object pool system coming along, and will that be available as a free update?

Cheers!

8. Location
    Boston
    Video tutorial showing how to control the animation graph built in the previous tutorial: (720p recommended):

In case you missed the first part:

9. Location
    Boston
    @fas - The next update is likely to be a maintenance update (mainly bug fixes, maybe a few smaller features). The update after that will likely have the object pool system. In the meantime, maybe you can ask users on the Playmaker forum about their experience with mobile development with playmaker - I know there are quite a few already. I know one user built his own object pool system - maybe he'll be willing to share some tips... It's also possible to create your own object pools with Playmaker actions (just create objects outside the game loop and enable/disable them inside the game loop), it's just nicer to have a built in solution that does more of the busywork for you...

10. Posts
    Prime31's done some really great video tutorials on C Sharp relating to Unity, including how to make an object recycler.

http://www.youtube.com/user/prime31s.../6/IX041ZvgQKE

http://www.youtube.com/user/prime31s.../5/d9078u8ft58

Cool, thanks for the link MattSimpson, that shed a little light on the technique for me.

So basically, as I understand it, the main benefit of an object pool or recycler is the performance gain you get when you instantiate objects during gameplay? Is there a point to putting other things in there?

And also another quick question for you alexchouls, does Playmaker fully support Android now? The FAQ says "should run on Android after we've finished our tests".

Cheers

12. Location
    Boston
    We have users working on Android, and they've confirmed that the Device Touch and Gesture actions work on their devices. The Acceleration and GPS actions are more iOS specific and would need some fiddling to get working on Android. We don't have Android devices to test on yet, but we're happy to work with Android developers one on one to develop Android actions.

With object pools you minimize frame rate hitches from instantiating objects and destroying objects, which can trigger the garbage collector. It's generally good for objects with shorter lifespans that can be re-used. Or if you want to cap the number of instances of a type of object and control what happens when you hit the cap. E.g., the Playmaker object pool system will allow you to choose: Reuse Oldest, Increase Pool Size, Skip...

13. Location
    Boston
    Video tutorial showing how to use Mouse Pick: (720p recommended):

I'll probably make a higher level action that combines some of these steps, but this is still a good example of how to use a Playmaker FSM to break a problem down into states. Think of it like a flow chart with each step being a state. I often build the flow chart and alt-click through the states before adding any actions, just to visualize and test the solution - that way you start with a clear, human readable flow, and it's just a matter of adding the right actions to implement each state.

Thanks for this new video...
    This one and the other videos are exactly the basics I need to use Playmaker I have bought.

I have to understand these basics first to understand the "spirit" of Playmaker then to use it for myself. That helps me a lot...
    One or two things at once to learn little by little is perfect. No more...

I'm waiting for other basic videos... thanks a lot.
    6R

15. Location
    Boston
    Video tutorial showing how to use GUI Sliders and Buttons: (720p recommended):

@p6r - more on the way!

16. Posts
    Enjoyed watching the latest videos. More like these please!

Playmaker rocks!!

17. Location
    Boston
    Thanks Matt! More coming soon...

18. Posts
    Hi Alex Chouls!

I have a few questions about the complexity of the code made with PlayMaker. Sorry if any of them were already answered. :/

I'm trying to make a racing game, I tried using the scripts from the Car Tutorial for Unity, but they are very problematic and don't really work outside of the car tutorial map so I'd like to make my own car setup.

So, I was wondering if it's possible to make a car physics code with PlayMaker?
    Also I wonder how complex could the code be just using the nodes available with PlayMaker, I mean, without needing to write a single line of coding?
    And could PlayMaker be used to make core stuff like game modes/rules?
    And finally, can PlayMaker FSMs have setup options outside of the PlayMaker window, I mean, in the Unity Inspector window like normal scripts?

Well these are my questions, I know very little about programing so when I saw the videos about PlayMaker it caught my attention because it seems so easy to use.

19. Posts
    Thanks for the new videos Alex, they are very informative. Maybe down the road it would be nice have some videos showing simple game types using PlayMaker. Maybe not like a complete walk-throughs but just showing the PlayMaker specific stuff. Thanks.

20. Location
    Boston
    I don't have a lot of experience with car physics in Unity, so I'm not sure what's involved. You could take a look at the physics and input actions in the online docs to get an idea of what you can do. I saw a vehicle pack in the asset store that looked very cool - if I were making a vehicle based game I'd be tempted to start with that...

But Playmaker is well suited to building the game logic, interactive objects, AI etc.

Page 27 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast