Search Unity

how test .apk file with android emulator sdk with android device

Discussion in 'Android' started by caubebutchi, Dec 27, 2010.

1. caubebutchi

caubebutchi

I have not android decive , I install android sdk , and run android emulator finish . Now , i have a .apk file . I copy/paste in tools folder

cd c:\android-sdk-windows\tools

and . I type ( adb install test.apk) . but not work :

thanks

2. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

As you can see in the Explorer window there is no adb command under android-sdk-windows/tools. You will probably find it under android-sdk-windows/platform-tools. Or just use the BuildRun option from inside Unity. Just make sure to set device filter to Emulator.

3. caubebutchi

caubebutchi

I still don't understand . Please U can show me step to step ? thanks

4. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Copy
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Downloads\Compressed\android-sdk-r08-windows\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe
    and
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Downloads\Compressed\android-sdk-r08-windows\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\Adb*.dll

to

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Downloads\Compressed\android-sdk-r08-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools

5. caubebutchi

caubebutchi

thanks so much for erique :

I susscess install apk in android emulator SDK 2.3 .but when I start application (.apk) , don't run ??????????????

finally How I can speech up android emulator fast ??? , The android emulator very very slow

6. unitygirl

unitygirl

Probably you didn't set Device filter to universal in Player Settings when you were building the project into .apk?

android emulator is supposed to be slow. They are "emulator", not actual device, after all.

7. caubebutchi

caubebutchi

Android sdk 2.2->2.3 very low . I think should run android sdk 1.5 (old). how can i set unity3d sdk 1.5 ?

8. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

You can't; only 2.x is supported. Use 2.2 instead if it's faster.

9. caubebutchi

caubebutchi

thanks unitygirl and erique .Now I sussces run .apk on android emulator , and next question.,where upload Multiplayer Network game for Android ?. I searched in forum ,but it had a multiplayer for iOS . And how can I change gameview look like Wide

10. spire8989

spire8989

Change it to Landscape Left (I think left, whichever isn't iPhone only) in the Player Settings