Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Skins

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by HiggyB, Nov 9, 2007.

1. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Folks, in addition to the sticky thread about the Official Skins we want to offer folks a place to post their own custom GUI skins that they would like to share. Some rules about this thread:

1. Please only post in order to provide or share GUI Skins with others.

2. Do not post questions or comments about submitted skins here, if you'd like to do that then please feel free to start a new thread in this section.

We want this sticky thread to be a nice place for folks to stop by and check out some new custom GUI Skins, conversations can happen elsewhere. If folks feel that's too limiting then please contact me and state your case, otherwise please abide by the rules above. Thanks!

Note: all GUI Skins posted in this thread are licensed under the same rules as other Unity demo content unless otherwise noted. So you are free to use them in your own commercial content, but only if that content is made with Unity unless the skin creator explicitly tells states differently in their post.

2. shaun

shaun

I made these skins for Unity 2, but I guess there wasn't enough time to integrate them, so since I keep seeing requests for more skins, here they are as a separate download.

They have been optimized for Web (each skin set is under 26Kb).

There is a demo script included to visualize all the controls - also I've included a simple demo of a compound control (Listbox with Toggle items) - Script is C#.

Themes are Orange Unity, Metal Vista and Amiga500 (very loose interpretation).

Previews and download below:

Attached Files:

doomsdayBuccaneer likes this.
  3. shaun

shaun

Someone requested the PSD sources for the skins, so here they are.

Attached Files:

4. col000r

col000r

GUISkin001 Deluxe

• Full GUISkin as PNGs in 2 sizes (100% and 200% for Retina Displays)
    • Fully set up GUISkin included
    PSD sourcefiles included (fully scalable + slices are set up for easy export)
    • includes a script that extends UnityGUI and makes it easy to add iOS-style sliders and binary toggles, as well as textfields with x-buttons in just one line of code each
    • NEW: NGUI Support! - Atlas and small demo-scene included!
    Get it here: GUISkin001 or on the Asset Store.

Not free, but very affordable!

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  5. CrystalVisions

CrystalVisions

I just attempted to purchase this skin, got an error, tried again. I hope I did not get double billed. Still got an error saying that my order could not be confirmed - I used a mastercard.

6. Kolgrima

Kolgrima

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  7. XeviaN360

XeviaN360

Nice!!! :)

8. ArtR

ArtR

Wow I love the Necromancer skin

9. Lantiszhu

Lantiszhu

ver nice!!!

10. Duskling

Duskling

Very nice. I think I saw you used it in a game ( or somebody bought it ) but anyways this looks great!!!

11. VoldexonGames

VoldexonGames

12. devprincess

devprincess

Hi everybody, I'm using Orange Unity skin and I'm sure there is a bug with the selection grid control, here is an image of my project

So as you can see the first button in the selection grid control is selected and It looks like if there were 2 buttons (one over the other) but is just one... Any comment about this would be apreciated, anyway I guess I'll have to design my new skin instead :p

13. dkozar

dkozar

I believe there are wrong border values in your button style. Just try to tweak those..

14. FullyCrafted

FullyCrafted

Hi Guys,

I created a RPG/MMORPG style GUI recently, perfect for Unity games of this nature. It's only available for use in your projects to the Graphic River license agreement. However if you've got a few dollars spare you can pick it up for pennies and use it in your projects.
    RPG/MMORPG UI DOWNLOAD.

$minimap-preview.jpg $quest-log-preview.jpg $rpg-userinterface-featured-image.jpg

RPG/MMORPG UI DOWNLOAD.

I also accept feedback and suggestions as I update it regularly, so anything to improve it for you guys do let me know!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  15. Deleted User

Deleted User

I feel like this thread is slowly turning from a place to post free gui skins to an advertisement thread...

ravendevil1967 and c0d3n4m3 like this.
  16. stripe103

stripe103

Yeah indeed. When seeing the RPG/MMORPG skin just above, I was happy that I've found something I want for my game, but no. Not free. Damnit.

17. col000r

col000r

GUISkin: Elevation

A professional GUISkin in normal and retina resolution. Example scenes for UnityGUI and NGUI are included. The GUISkin was carefully tweaked to work with GUI and GUILayout Elements!

Check out the webplayer demo and get it here at GameAssets.net (includes the fully customizable PSD source-file)
    (Yes, it's been submitted to the Asset Store as well - coming soon!)

Not free - but I think very affordable!

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  18. Jacksendary

Jacksendary

indeed... kinda got a little pissed too since this thread seems to be more like a "share" or "CC Licence" thread...

19. Deleted User

Deleted User

Wow, a free GUI skin on a thread dedicated to free GUI skins?
    Preview:
    $Screen shot 2013-08-08 at 9.19.06 PM.png
    Download:
    http://adf.ly/Tfszv
    Sorry I have to use a 5 sec ad, My computer has a Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2Gz with 2GB of RAM :)
    Happy developing!

20. babaji1234

babaji1234

Thank You for The Skin Ben Jarell

rocket350 likes this.
  21. unitylover

unitylover

I just wanted to point out that FullyCrafted's asset is only a PSD. You still have to do all the GUI work yourself to get it to integrate into Unity.

22. Neeraj00

Neeraj00

Thank you very much for the skin, Ben Jarrell. I totally understand about the 5 second ad.. it doesn't hurt, and it makes it free for us!

23. paulus51

paulus51

hmm no freebees anymore ? shame .....i think ;-)

24. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

I wish this was the place as mentioned in Title :(