Search Unity

One Switch Games

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Kuneko, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Kuneko

Kuneko

Hi,

It's about time I posted on the forum. I've been using Unity for about 6 months now and recently started a new website for myself:

One Switch Games.

I've finished 3 very basic games already, one of which is a Christmas themed game that I uploaded only yesterday:

Filbert's Food Frenzy

Turtle Crossing

Frosty the Snowman

I setup my new website with one switch games in mind as a way of quickly getting back up to speed with making games. I've been making games as a hobby for over 10 years already but the last couple of years has been very slow and I've made very little progress...

Anyway, please let me know what you think about my games. Any comments about the website are also very welcome.

Thank you,

John

2. PolyMad

PolyMad

Snowman: too slow and obstacles are placed in irritating way.

Maskman: too slow and you have no clue of when a turtle is going down, there should be a brief hint about that.

Froggy: too slow rotation. Insect can have easy wings animation.

In general: all too slow, it's boring. Just make it quick and you'll gain a lot of interest.
    Graphics can be better with a little work more on textures.

3. ExDeaDguY

ExDeaDguY

I agree with the previous comment, Everything feels too slow and clunky. Also: The snowman game, the obstacles are horribly places! I had a tnt directly after a jump, basically no way to get passed it. >.<

Nice effort though! Just needs a bit of tweaking :p.

4. Kuneko

Kuneko

Thanks for the comments so far.

About the slow speed. That was actually intentional. So was the very simple graphics for each game. I wanted to have a go at making some 'accessible' games, brightly coloured, slow-paced, and playable by anyone. I guess I didn't pull it off quite as I hoped.

The first candle stick on Frosty the Snowman can be very annoying, might have to fix that :D

5. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

Snowman: It was ok but the I agree with everyone else about the obstacles.

Turtle Crossing: Didn't understand why you considered it a game until the 3rd round, when the turtle went under the water.

Food Frenzy: It too was ok but the 26th fly slowly flew off the screen, forcing me to lose.

6. OneSwitch.org.uk

OneSwitch.org.uk

Lots of potential in these games. I've blogged about them here:

http://switchgaming.blogspot.com/2011/01/one-switch-games.html

Re. web-site - it's maybe a bit close to mine for comfort (OneSwitch.org.uk), especially as you've used an identical colour scheme, and a name that's very close. Aside from that - I agree with most of the points above, including your own. Definitly think the Snowman game needs tweaking. Looking forward to what you come up with next.

Barrie
    www.OneSwitch.org.uk

7. Kuneko

Kuneko

Hi Barrie,

Thanks for the blog post and the comments.

I'm sorry about the colour of my site. I wanted a high contrast website and made the colours match my logo. I suppose I could change it if bothers you that much tho. The name, actually I was looking for a new website around mid November, searching on godaddy for things like simplegames.com, minigames.com, everything seemed to be taken when I decided to search for oneswitchgames.com. I was really surprised that it was available so I bought it there and then. It wasn't intentional.

Frosty the Snowman is based on an old C64 game of the same name, also with annoyingly placed objects and difficult jumps. Thanks for pointing out the game called Frogs, I've never seen it before. Spot on with the Turtle Bridge game tho, also inspired by Purple Turtles on the C64.

I just finished a Minesweeper type game. I'm not so pleased with it to be honest so I didn't bother to post anywhere about it myself. Lots of last minute problems so I had to drop some features just to get it online.

John