Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

help please sound.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by fallenangel, Dec 10, 2010.

1. fallenangel

fallenangel

Hey, I'm new to unity and have been set an assignment using 2.6.1. i've been given a game that i have to put sound on, but i cant work it out, stupid cow i am have left it till the last min. Was just wondering if any of you lovley people could help me. I need to attach footsteps to the main character, got 3 seperate areas that would have different background noise, how would i set it up so it would only play as i walked towardsit and stop/fade in as i walk to and way from it? Thank you for any help advice you can give me ( yes i know dont leave everything till the last min) :(

2. Jesse Anders

Jesse Anders

Here's a link to your Unity Answers thread (just to help people avoid duplicating each other's efforts).

You mentioned in your UA thread that you know nothing about Unity. May I ask why you were given this assignment if you have no knowledge of Unity? That seems kind of odd.

Anyway, you might try downloading some of the tutorials available on the Unity site (e.g. the platformer and FPS tutorials). I can't remember if they include 'footstep' effects (maybe someone else can comment on that), but at the very least they should give you some hints as to how sound effects can be handled in Unity.

3. fallenangel

fallenangel

im not 100% sure lol. we had to use flash the past 2 years, its more for the sound design aspect of it had some lessons on unity but I cant find my notes and they werent to in depth. ok i'll have a look ta