Unity Community

Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Louisville, Ky
    @Nomad72 the password is not required anymore. They changed this recently. You can now go through the videos and such without a password. Also when there is a download they use those assets in their tutorial.

2. Location
    South Africa
    OK, thanks tra2002. I'm assuming I need to provide my own 3 explosion sounds, since I've not seen a link for downloading anything for Lab1.

3. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tra2002 View Post
    @Nomad72 the password is not required anymore. They changed this recently. You can now go through the videos and such without a password. Also when there is a download they use those assets in their tutorial.
    Do you also know if they are still grading the presentations?

4. Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Here is the link explaining how it works now and all the information you are asking

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/699...l=1#post705509

5. Posts
    @tra2002 Thanks man, I appreciate it!

6. Posts
    @Nomad72 Check this video out if you want to create your own sounds.

http://vimeo.com/19456273
    Last edited by jonlemosz; 12-02-2011 at 01:59 PM.

7. Posts
    Are you guys ever going to do a C# equivalent? JS is kind of outdated and isn't really an industry standard.

8. Location
    Dallas, Texas
    @MikeyUchiha: There are no plans to convert these projects to C#, however many individuals have gone through the course and honed their skills further in C# by converting the projects from JavaScript.

9. Posts
    Aww alright. Thanks for your time. It looked amazing til I found out it wasn't C#. XD

10. Posts
    I got one big problem... I can't import models to Unity coz it show me error. This one:
    Can anybody tell me what I doing wrong?

11. Location
    South Africa
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyUchiha View Post
    Are you guys ever going to do a C# equivalent? JS is kind of outdated and isn't really an industry standard.
    I'm just starting out with Unity, but I'm having no real problem translating the JS into C# as I go along. There are a few instances where you need a bit more than a straight translation of a line of code (for instance when dealing with Coroutines), but it's not a massive issue to use these tuts with C#.

@jonlemosz, thanks for the link.

I'm about finished with Lab1, just trying to figure out the code for making the sphere move in a circular pattern. Although I doubt my little "game" is likely to challenge Skyrim for earnings, it's been a very nice learning experience and I'm excited about moving on to the next Lab(s).

12. Location
    South Africa
    OK, the "sphere move in a circlular pattern" part is driving me nuts. Can someone point me in the right direction with this? I've tried various combinations of transform.Rotate and transform.Translate but it never does what I want (or expect!).

Edit: nevermind, I finally figured it out.
    Last edited by Nomad72; 12-04-2011 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Problem solved

13. Location
    Dallas, Texas
    @Dashbloom: It looks like you are trying to import the 3ds max files for the mario characters. Those files are intended for developers that have 3ds max installed. You will want to use the 3d Mario Clone Project Files from here, they have the exported fbx file type.

14. Location
    South Africa
    OK, here is my Lab1 : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52090401/Lab...yer/index.html

It's not as fancy as some I've seen in this thread, but I think I met all the requirements. I'm completely open to constructive criticism

15. Posts
    @Nomad72: I used the following line based on the equations of circular movement:

Code:  
    1. transform.Translate(radius * Mathf.Cos(Time.time * Mathf.PI), radius * Mathf.Sin(Time.time * Mathf.PI), 0);

What did you use?

By the way, nice game!

16. Location
    South Africa
    @jonlemosz, I don't have a clue what your code means, lol. I'm going to have to brush up on my mathematics a good deal. My code was completely different...

Code:  
    1. [SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas]transform.Rotate(0, 0, 0.5f, Space.Self);[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
    2. [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas] transform.Translate(Vector3.up * Time.deltaTime*2, Space.Self);[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

The only issue I had with this is that I pretty much had to "spawn" new spheres in the same spot to prevent the orbit taking the sphere outside of the gameview. Also, I had to reset the rotation of the sphere when "spawning" it.

17. Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Lab Project 5 - 3D Mario Clone is now available for watching and downloading. If you see anything that needs corrected or added to, just drop me an email. Thank you.

Also, all unity project training videos and files are available for download here.

Our latest numbers:
    1 Year of Video Training
    540,000 video plays
    131 countries viewing out of 196 total countries in the world
    11,800 Exams taken
    700+ Labs Completed

Many of you are nearly complete with all your WBS video training. For those interested in a Certificate, be sure to follow the directions below (Also found on our website).

Here’s how you can receive the ‘Walker Boys Studio Course Certificate in Unity 3D Game Development’ and a WBS Certificate image for your website.

1. Complete and pass all exams (We’ll be keeping track of that automatically).
    2. Complete all five Lab projects (The Details and minimum requirements must be met).
    3. Post all five projects to your website (Must meet all Presentation requirements).
    4. Send a link to both Chad and Eric, so we can review the Lab projects and Presentations.
    Email: cwalker at walkerboystudio dot com
    Email: ewalker at walkerboystudio dot com
    5. In your email to us include a mailing address (physical address) so we can send the certificate to you on completion of the Unity Training!

That is it. Five steps and you can have your very own ‘Walker Boys Studio Course Certificate in Unity 3D Game Development'.
    Last edited by ProfCWalker; 12-05-2011 at 01:32 AM.

18. Location
    South Africa
    ProfCWalker, just to verify: we still do need to email our Lab links to both of you, despite the other post you made saying you were not going to be providing feedback on Labs?

19. Location
    Dallas, Texas
    @Nomad72: Great question. Initially the lab projects had passwords so that individuals were required to complete each step in order. With all the videos open, the only thing we require is a link to your website containing all five labs. Email us only when you have all five labs complete and ready to present.
    Remember, this applies only to those that want the WBS Certificate. Thanks.

20. Location
    South Africa
    I know it doesn't apply to me just yet, but I'm very glad to see the Mario 3D clone videos are up - and that all the videos are now available for download. Thank you for all the effort you and your brother have put in!

Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast