Unity Community


Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 1316

  1. Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by pothb View Post
    I followed the ones on the page.

    The ones on the reference vid are ridiculously easy. Doing those instead might be a disservice to yourself.
    Easy or not, I did not see the page until after I was "done".

    I put in animated action in the menu background, added instruction pages, made the balls spin faster when clicked on.
    I did all sorts of extra stuff. However, since there was confusion about what was expected, I did not make a flashy ball going in circles.

    As such, no matter what the rest of my lab project looks like, it is incomplete.

    My point is: There are two to do lists for Lab 1


    This doesn't seem like a good thing.


  2. Location
    Germany, Frankfurt
    Posts
    47
    Don't take pothb serious.
    I guess it is okay if you tell Eric or Chad that you just did not see those tasks and you will add them to your current result in the next days.
    They seem to be very obliging to me. The boys are good people.
    Hope you have success.

    This "accident" might be a good point to write down as "final thoughts".
    I also wrote something helpful for the boys as my thoughts.
    However, I do not know if they accept it. I just tried.
    Last edited by AriesT; 05-28-2011 at 10:12 AM.


  3. Posts
    5
    Hi there guys. Have people been getting responces from Eric or Chad to their emails?


  4. Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by AriesT View Post
    Don't take pothb serious.
    You don't think they are easy? and that not doing the more difficult ones on the page is a disservice because you don't really have to think as much? The Walker Boys being lenient with it or not doesn't have anything to do with your learning. I mean, I'm guessing people who are following the tutorials most likely are interested in learning this stuff. By not taking the extra mile to try things seems like the unwise thing to do.


  5. Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    118
    @mafiacarstarter, everything is wrote in the page with videos for the lab, the words are there with a reason, read it first, someone has made an effort to wrote them.


  6. Location
    Germany, Frankfurt
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by pothb View Post
    You don't think they are easy? and that not doing the more difficult ones on the page is a disservice because you don't really have to think as much? The Walker Boys being lenient with it or not doesn't have anything to do with your learning. I mean, I'm guessing people who are following the tutorials most likely are interested in learning this stuff. By not taking the extra mile to try things seems like the unwise thing to do.
    God damnit. He just did not read it. For gods sake, this can happen! Nobody is perfect. There is no reason - not at all - that you flame on everyone here who is not on your level. What do you think you are? The most perfect guy in the world? Just calm down dude, 98% of all people here are not doing this as a full time job but as a hobby.

    @Stec:
    So you are also the most perfect guy on earth, right?

    And I thought only german coding communities are that ignorant. -.-
    Thought wrong.


  7. Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    118
    @AriesT
    I also do this as a hobby so I am far from perfect, but my point is that if you're already devoted time to take this course you should read everything that goes with it, it is similar to studying a book, you read everithing that is written there and not just every other page, at least I do.
    @mafiacarstarter
    Dont worry about that, if they say to you that you need to finish the project then just finish it and upload, I would finish it anyway just to learn that. I hope that you did not delete your project files if you do, send me a message and I will send you the files that you need.


  8. Location
    Germany, Frankfurt
    Posts
    47
    However, this might not only the mistake of mafiacarstarter. First, I also was confused when reading both the tasks in the video and the tasks in the description. Maybe the Boys should just add the tasks from the videos to the "on your own" task list in the description as well.
    To avoid any confusion.

    I just wanted to make clear that there is no reason for anyone here to snub at someone else just because he made a mistake, needs some help or did not read some sentence by mistake. One can do this if we all earn money with Unity3D but not if it is a hobby (yet).


  9. Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    118
    @AriesT
    Of course that this is not only the mistake of mafiacarstarter, Boys did put two different "To Do" lists on two different places, but one in the video, they wrote in process of making the Lab 1, and the other at the end after they get a clear view of the project (at least I think so). I did not want to snub anyone, but when I completed my Lab 1 I read everything 2-3 times just to make shure, so I was little surprised that he mised something.


  10. Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by AriesT View Post
    God damnit. He just did not read it. For gods sake, this can happen! Nobody is perfect. There is no reason - not at all - that you flame on everyone here who is not on your level. What do you think you are? The most perfect guy in the world? Just calm down dude, 98% of all people here are not doing this as a full time job but as a hobby.

    @Stec:
    So you are also the most perfect guy on earth, right?

    And I thought only german coding communities are that ignorant. -.-
    Thought wrong.
    Where did I flame him? I said it's a disservice (edit: to himself) if he didn't do the ones on the page. Learn to read, and not make up stuff please.


  11. Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by csprason View Post
    Hi there guys. Have people been getting responces from Eric or Chad to their emails?
    when did you submit your lab project(1),
    I've just submitted mine a while ago.
    I hope I will pass their exams.

    Thanks walkers!


  12. Location
    Germany, Frankfurt
    Posts
    47
    I sent my results to Eric on friday. Still no response. Maybe they are on vacation.
    I hope they move on checking the lab results. Lab 02 is waiting for me.


  13. Posts
    5
    Hi guys,

    I got a message off chad today, he said he has been on vacation so I'm sure he will be getting in touch with you all very soon!


  14. Posts
    3
    Upon discovering the fact that I had inadvertently missed some of the requirements, I sent an email to the Walker Boys to retract my submission request. Then I posted here in an attempt to help anyone who may have made the same mistake I did.
    Then I went back into the Lab and finished all of the requirements and polished up a few extras (each color is worth a different point value and takes different numbers of clicks to destroy, time gets added to the timer at various score amounts, and more objects appear at each time addition).

    I did not intend for my post to seem like whining about unfairness, I just missed something through normal human error and had hoped to help prevent someone else from doing the same.

    I then resubmitted, and have passed.

    Thank you all for your feedback on my mistake.


  15. Posts
    81
    No one took it as whining, as far as I could tell.


  16. Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by AriesT View Post
    I sent my results to Eric on friday. Still no response. Maybe they are on vacation.
    I hope they move on checking the lab results. Lab 02 is waiting for me.
    I've sent my Lab result yesterday and I got the result a while ago. maybe you send yours on wrong email.

    My work needs improivement =(


  17. Location
    Germany, Frankfurt
    Posts
    47
    Well then...Eric answered today and I passed. Wheee. *jumping on the bed*

    I still had one flaw (objects spawing into eachother) but it seems to be okay, though. So, the result does not have to be perfect. The game has to work well and the Boys have to see that you are really into it and have your own ideas, etc.

    Moving on to lab 2. Need to donate some money to the Boys. They really do a great job.
    Last edited by AriesT; 05-31-2011 at 08:11 AM.


  18. Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by AriesT View Post
    Well then...Eric answered today and I passed. Wheee. *jumping on the bed*

    I still had one flaw (objects spawing into eachother) but it seems to be okay, though. So, the result does not have to be perfect. The game has to work well and the Boys have to see that you are really into it and have your own ideas, etc.

    Moving on to lab 2. Need to donate some money to the Boys. They really do a great job.
    I PASSED TODAY, I'm very happy! -very thanks Jeremy from Philippines
    here's the comment...


    Comments and suggestions:
    Jeremy, everything seemed to be in working order and fun to play! Way to Go! )
    Nice job with the extras, they worked really well. It took some serious clicking and moving to get everything!


  19. Posts
    150
    Hi AriesT, seem like you manage to complete the lab01. I am facing difficulties on doing the lab01.. How do u manage to finish the lab01?


  20. Location
    Palestine
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by missy_pooh View Post
    Hi AriesT, seem like you manage to complete the lab01. I am facing difficulties on doing the lab01.. How do u manage to finish the lab01?
    What exactly is your Problem? i may be able to help you
    I am at Lab # 3

Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •