Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Texture Tilling in Unity 3D Help

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by 3absiso, Dec 6, 2010.

1. 3absiso

3absiso

Hello Unity Community,
    When i model a wall, usually attach an unwrap UVW modifier in 3DS Max and Texture the wall. this way i can not tile my texture. My Question: is how would i texture the wall by tilling a single texture over and over, in other way what i should do in Max to be able to tile the texture perfectly?. and if there is a small tutorial.

2. Krobill

Krobill

use the UVW Map modifier not unwrap UVW to tile a single texture.

If you have to use unwrap UVW because your wall map is part of an atlas you'll have to tesselate your mesh to coincide exactly with the tiling you want.

3. 3absiso

3absiso

Thanks Man, But is there a link or tutorial to show me how to tesselate my mesh

4. Krobill

Krobill

There's so many ways to tesselate a mesh in Max. It's a very basic modeling operation and you'll have a hard time finding a specific tutorial for that. Just use the documentation. 3DSMax has honestly the best reference manual I've ever seen. Search for cut or slice operations in the 'edit mesh' or 'edit poly' modifiers

5. 3absiso

3absiso

it looks like i am missing something here, or my problem is not well illustrated.
    editing ploy is not my problem.
    what i want is that: i have a regular room (to be simple), i want to texture the interior walls, floor and ceiling. i do it by using Unwrap UVW modifier. and use the photoshop to texture every element.
    i have a tiled 256x256 textures for wall, floor, and ceiling how i can tile it and import it in unity without using unwrap modifier

6. Krobill

Krobill

like I said : uvw map modifier not unwrap. For each part of your room ( floor, walls, ceiling ) you first select the polys then apply a uvw map on them.