Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

MinePackage - Minecraft starter package

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by jc_lvngstn, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Aguy

Aguy

Really? I know that Sourceforge has been around for years. I only started hearing about GitHub like last year.
    Don't know about it being traditional.

2. Bunny83

Bunny83

Totally agree ;) GitHub has been launched 2008.

SourceForge exists since 1999.

So SourceForge is actually "more traditional". GitHub has become quite popular the last year(s) and it's the most popular one at the moment, but i think it's totally fine to still use SourceForge.

3. BadProxy-Latzo

BadProxy-Latzo

Hi there... I'm trying to implement a dig function and I need some help with this.
    I've already configured the BlockCodes, changing the topSoil code for AirCode for example, but with this "multiple threads" there's a moment who I simply lost myself. I need to start some thread or to call some method to start change the block?

4. wyler0

wyler0

The web player link is down :(

5. HelloTherePeople

HelloTherePeople

Nice Job! May I use it for my game, WorldCraft? I was coding it, then gave up because I pretty much was coding without the faintest idea on what I was doing. Oh, and I have a question, how can I get the game to place blocks?

6. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

Hey there

Not sure if jc is still watching this thread every now and often, but I've got some questions regarding the terrain generator:

While playing around with the generator and writing an editor for the world to manually adjust blocks, I found out the Y and Z are reversed, compared to Unity's coordinate system ( X, Y, Z. In the terrain the coordinates are in X, Z, Y ), which I found quite annoying. So I attempted to switch all the Y and Z coordinates, but am stuck with the noise and mesh generation parts. To better show off what the problem is, here is a screenshot":

So yeah, I messed it up at some point I guess :D Any ideas what the problem could be and how to fix this? It seems like the Terrain chunks are like rotated 90 degrees around the X axis :confused:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  7. AnesSmajic

AnesSmajic

8. wolfadex

wolfadex

I downloaded the MinePackage off of Sourceforge but ran into an error I've never seen before, "Texture atlas needs textures to have Readable flag set!". It says the error is on the line: WorldData.WorldTextureAtlasUvs = WorldTextureAtlas.PackTextures(World_Textures, 0);. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I already searched around on google for a while and was unable to come up with a solution. Thank you to whoever can help me with this.

9. piddle99

piddle99

I downloaded the files but how do I add in the features into my game?

10. piddle99

piddle99

Player is still 404. ='(

11. laakerules

laakerules

Minecraft is written in java.

12. Maxime

Maxime

Hi,

I just started to import the initial "minepackage" in github : https://github.com/maxme/minepackage - I did some import and very small fixes to make it work on Unity 3.5.7

13. joeyaaaaa

joeyaaaaa

amazing work,

14. Pixelblock Games

Pixelblock Games

How do I change the textures of the blocks? When I tried, the textures were all messed up.

15. YomatsuShimano

YomatsuShimano

jc_lvngstn, I'd much like to talk to you about the code and concepts. Do you have an email I can contact you by? Or maybe I can message you on skype?

16. roxasguy

roxasguy

I ran into this. I solved it by changing the texture's settings so they matched up perfectly with the default ones.

17. Moonlight

Moonlight

is it possible you could upgrade this to unity 4? there seems to be some problems when rendering the textures on chunks

18. Robb

Robb

I've been trying to import the package into my Unity, but whenever it starts decompressing Unity just crashes. Does anybody know the reason for this, or a way to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

19. alex31016

alex31016

Hi!

For solve your problem, you have to set your texture type to Advanced and check the Read/Write Enabled checkbox. It worked for me in another project.

20. ZachHelm

ZachHelm

I just downloaded the files from the "Code" tab on Source Forge today and I'm finding a conflict between Random.cs and the existing Random class that Unity uses. If I delete this new one, I lose the "IRandom" interface that it needs for decorations. If I don't, I lose Random.Range(lo,hi) and all the other Random goodness.

As a Unity newb I'm not really sure what to do here or why there this Random.cs file was included [as Random, anyway].

21. Kezarious

Kezarious

I downloaded the 'Code' files too yesterday. I'm using unity 3.5.7 and I'm loading up the 'minepackage-code-1' folder as a new project, then importing the MinePackage unity package file.

I'm getting this error twice, i think because of the two instances of the script. They're both in different folders in the heirarchy.
    Scripts named 'BatchProcessor.cs' exist in multiple locations (Assets/Scripts/BatchProcessors/BatchProcessor.cs). Please rename one of the scripts to a unique name.

If i rename one of them i get this twice: Assets/Scripts/Terrain/BatchProcessorTerrain.cs(5,18): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `IBatchProcessor'

I'm fairly new to unity and I'm not sure how to fix this.

22. bishop333

bishop333

thats pretty cool:D

23. SeamusF-D

SeamusF-D

Is this project dead? Have not heard from any of these people for a while!

24. magic9cube

magic9cube

I started messing around with this. I have learnt so much just looking over this code. Unfortunately it does leave me with a lot of questions as i'm a relative noob to unity/c#. eg; How to add shaders to the blocks? - When i run in DX11 mode everything is pink. - Where to begin with trying to make endless terrain? - Should the various lists be saved out to a world txt file to save the world state? etc etc. I guess i will keep experimenting :)

http://www.nuzly.com/nterra/nterra3Dm.html

25. VirtualPierogi

VirtualPierogi

Mr. Livingstone I presume?
    Sorry to hear that You're not working on this awesome package anymore. Care to share some documentation on this?

26. thattrollagen

thattrollagen

Hello! Im the owner of Molotov-Tech. Can you I use this in my new game?

27. Brenden

Brenden

Hi! Nice project. Is it down or is it not supported anymore?

28. jc_lvngstn

jc_lvngstn

I haven't been tracking this thread, MinePackage hasn't been supported for quite some time. However, I can play around with it and get it working in Unity 5. It shouldn't take much work to get it -working-, but it probably will have some glitches.

29. Brenden

Brenden

Hmm... I tried using it in Unity 4, and everything was pink!

30. jc_lvngstn

jc_lvngstn

Verciretti likes this.
  31. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello jc,

I just downloaded your new package from OneDrive.
    I could start it in Unity 5, but just got the "empty skybox" like in an empty Project.

I am a Hobby game developer my self and my latest game is biotopia:
    If you are interested you can Play it here:

http://biotopia-game.de/index-en.html#.VR06DekfqUk

It is a 2D sandbox and role playing game with some arcade elements.
    Now I want to remake it in 3D with Unity and C#.
    All the GFX will be exported to FBX, and my C# remade for unity.

Your Project seemed to be a good sample for that, it would be very good if I could get it working.

I would also be interested in working together?

If you are interested in joining Forces, here our Team Homepage:
    http://www.magicstorm.de/

Maybe could create Biotopia3D together? :)

Verciretti likes this.
  32. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Got it working. Absolut great stuff!

33. jc_lvngstn

jc_lvngstn

Hi Firlefranz, sorry for the late reply...I've been very busy and out of town at a product release conference. I'm glad you got it working, hopefully it will be of some good use for you.

Since Minepackage, I've been working on a different project trying hard to get it presentable :) That pretty much takes up my spare game development time!

34. Tsilliev

Tsilliev

35. corbaman

corbaman

Hi Firlefanz, did you end up basing Biotopia on Minepackage and extend it? I'm thinking of putting together a block builder clone with some educational elements based on Minepackage myself.

36. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello corbaman,

I ended up using "uniblocks" from the asset store and I asked some questions in their Topic and I am working on my game using uniblocks now :)

37. jett1318

jett1318

Is this compatible with Unity 5? I'm getting this:

Attached Files:

38. W4rf4c3

W4rf4c3

Change "GetTriangleStrip" to "GetTriangles" ;)

39. VoraX

VoraX

Hello, i'm starting with this amazing project, it works (on Unity 4 for me), but does anyone have some informations/documentation? The only one i've found on sourceforge is very short (this file is called "decorations.docx).
    Nethertheless, this is a very good starter pack, great job!

Is there a thread where i can ask questions about this package? I have found no one.
    For example, i don't know how to save the curent world generated.
    Thanks! :)

40. Teraco

Teraco

As of I know there is not, but like you I'm also starting a new project (in Unity 5). I don't mind bouncing ideas and tips of using this package with you. :D