Unity Community

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

1. Posts
    ok... so how would I go about removing the lighting then? I want to remove the lighting from the blocks and use standard directional lights. I don't know anything about shaders so could you help me out with that?

2. Posts
    Very nice package! I'm going to try integrating this into my game. Is it possible to use, for example, a marching cubes algorythm on this, or would that involve a complete overhaul of the terrain?

3. Location
    New Hampshire
    This looks very nice. I will have to play the web player and - gasp - maybe even download it.

Want an easy way to boot Linux from a USB drives on Mac? Like, you don't need to install or change a thing easy? I thought so. Try Mac Linux USB Loader!
    (And the forum thread)

US President Obama wants to hand over the Internet to a multinational body. Sign the petition to keep the web free!

4. Location
    New York, NY

5. Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Odd. I'll see what's up.
    “A year from now you will wish you had started today.” -Karen Lamb
    “Even if you stumble, you’re still moving forward.”
    “Use what talents you possess, the woods will be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.” -Henry van Dyke

6. Posts
    I've been looking at the source code and so far have failed to understand how the blocks are textured. I see the images in the 'Textures' folder but can't find the actual code which assigns them beyond "GenerateUVCoordinatesForAllBlocks()". Could anyone point me to the code which links the texture files with the blocks please?

7. Posts
    That code doesn't work at all -__-

8. Location
    Breda, NL
    Is this still an ongoing project, or is the solution as finished as it will be?

It's a great kickstart into a project and I applaud your decicion to share it, but the lack of documentation makes it rather difficult to understand what exactly is going on. It also seems like a lot of the code is ununsed, without any indication what code is used and what isn't.

9. Location
    California
    Great start off kit, just need a bit more documentation and customization.
    My question is how would I make the blocks smaller? I'm trying to make a game a bit
    like CubeWorld but I can't find in the code where it picks the block size.
    Last edited by chrisall76; 08-02-2012 at 05:32 AM.

10. Location
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by ippdev View Post
    Google Ads are covering up the download link on OS X Safari. Virgin Airways is blocking my minecraft demo!

BTH
    Use an ad blocker, dude.

Also: why use Sourceforge? Github is traditional for open sourced projects. Hmm, maybe I'll add some code to this. Might be useful, after all...

Want an easy way to boot Linux from a USB drives on Mac? Like, you don't need to install or change a thing easy? I thought so. Try Mac Linux USB Loader!
    (And the forum thread)

US President Obama wants to hand over the Internet to a multinational body. Sign the petition to keep the web free!

11. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenBits View Post
    Use an ad blocker, dude.

Also: why use Sourceforge? Github is traditional for open sourced projects. Hmm, maybe I'll add some code to this. Might be useful, after all...
    Really? I know that Sourceforge has been around for years. I only started hearing about GitHub like last year.
    Don't know about it being traditional.

12. Location
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Really? I know that Sourceforge has been around for years. I only started hearing about GitHub like last year.
    Don't know about it being traditional.
    Totally agree GitHub has been launched 2008.

SourceForge exists since 1999.

So SourceForge is actually "more traditional". GitHub has become quite popular the last year(s) and it's the most popular one at the moment, but i think it's totally fine to still use SourceForge.

13. Posts
    Hi there... I'm trying to implement a dig function and I need some help with this.
    I've already configured the BlockCodes, changing the topSoil code for AirCode for example, but with this "multiple threads" there's a moment who I simply lost myself. I need to start some thread or to call some method to start change the block?

14. Posts
    The web player link is down

15. Nice Job! May I use it for my game, WorldCraft? I was coding it, then gave up because I pretty much was coding without the faintest idea on what I was doing. Oh, and I have a question, how can I get the game to place blocks?

16. Posts
    Hey there

Not sure if jc is still watching this thread every now and often, but I've got some questions regarding the terrain generator:

While playing around with the generator and writing an editor for the world to manually adjust blocks, I found out the Y and Z are reversed, compared to Unity's coordinate system ( X, Y, Z. In the terrain the coordinates are in X, Z, Y ), which I found quite annoying. So I attempted to switch all the Y and Z coordinates, but am stuck with the noise and mesh generation parts. To better show off what the problem is, here is a screenshot":

So yeah, I messed it up at some point I guess Any ideas what the problem could be and how to fix this? It seems like the Terrain chunks are like rotated 90 degrees around the X axis

17. Posts
    I downloaded the MinePackage off of Sourceforge but ran into an error I've never seen before, "Texture atlas needs textures to have Readable flag set!". It says the error is on the line: WorldData.WorldTextureAtlasUvs = WorldTextureAtlas.PackTextures(World_Textures, 0);. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I already searched around on google for a while and was unable to come up with a solution. Thank you to whoever can help me with this.

18. Posts
    I downloaded the files but how do I add in the features into my game?

19. Posts
    Player is still 404. ='(

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast