Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bank Dash - Bankrobbery without the robbery

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by mswehli, Dec 1, 2010.

1. mswehli

mswehli

***UPDATE***
    Bank dash is finally available on the App Store!
    links:
    www.itunes.com/apps/bankdash
    www.itunes.com/apps/bankdashlite

More details in seperate post below.

Hi, just like to announce my first game which i just submitted today, it's called Bank Dash. As my first project it took me very long for such a simple game (working on it since the end of october). The game is universal, however it is not what i'd refer to as HD, as most the textures are kept at a low resolution to support older iphone models. The zipped file size is around 22.5MB.

The basics of the game are this; You play a criminal who plans to hold up a bank every day for a month in an attempt to make it large and leave. You pick the bank(level) and buy cars and weapons, and act as the getaway driver. You dodge through traffic, as well as aim the weapons to try to take out police or cause traffic obsticles for them by shooting at other drivers who will stop once shot.

Sadly my modelling and texturing skills have taken a severe downfall having not practiced for over a year, plus the fact i was never that good artisticlly to begin with and after two months of work my brain wasn't functioning as well. However i plan to work on the graphics over the next few months in anticipation of a second release.

Below are some screenshots both for ipad and iphone, added both for comparision, and i will post a game play video as soon as possible, and hopefully a trailer after this weekend. i'll be uploaded a Lite version soon aswell and post it here. Comments and criticism are welcome and very appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  2. mswehli

mswehli

Oh, and just the main menu screenshots. Any opinions on design would be helpful. thanks

Attached Files:

3. Feyhu

Feyhu

it looks good.

4. StephenL

StephenL

Looks nice. :)

5. mswehli

mswehli

thanks :) hopefully its fun for people too. To be honest i made the game because thats the sort of thing i wanted to play :)

6. allen

allen

sounds like a good of a reason as any other :)

7. FoxGirlTheGamer

FoxGirlTheGamer

Looks svveet ^.^

8. GhostDesign

GhostDesign

Sounds and looks great. But unfortunately I don't have an iPad or iTouch :(

9. BRIK

BRIK

Any chance of a PC version?

10. mswehli

mswehli

Hi, thanks for all the positive feedback :)

@BRIK: Was thinking about making a facebook/web game out of it aswell, but only problem is that i have to figure out a way of controlling the weapons, as currently it uses its own joystick and controlling it via the mouse wouldn't work, nor would using WASD, as it wont be quick enough. Will let you know once i figure something out though and post it online.

11. mswehli

mswehli

Hi, just like to announce that bankdash is finally available on the App store for $0.99, as well as a free lite version
    Links are:

www.itunes.com/apps/bankdash
    www.itunes.com/apps/bankdashlite

C&C would be much appreciated. Hopefully its a simple and clear enough game as well as fun. But let me know if you guys think i need to change anything!

12. mswehli

mswehli

Just a quick announcement, bank dash lite is now the full version of bankdash, but ad supported.

Well, will be ad supported soon as the new version is approved. Forgot to enable iads before uploading :)

13. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

14. mswehli

mswehli

Should mention it was my learning project, have a few better games in the pipeline, once they're done will probably make a better version, improve art, controls, etc.

15. dr.steam

dr.steam

Reminds me a bit of Henry's Crime (the plot and the name).

16. mswehli

mswehli

Haven;t actually seen it. To be honest i wanted to create a bank robbery game, but as it was my first game, didn't want to go through the hassle of creating the actual robbery :)
    My next games will hopefully be more advance though. Working on some now, and will release little free teaser games first.