Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with the simulator

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by numeric, Nov 25, 2010.

1. numeric

numeric

I'm on unity 3.1 and have the 4.2 sdk and I'm trying to get my game to run in the iPad simulator.

So I set my sdk version in unity to Simulator 4.2 and the Target iOS Version to 3.2. It builds in xcode with no errors but all i get is the splash screen come up and then the app closes?

Any suggestions?

2. numeric

numeric

Sorry to bump this , but I've not had much luck. The reason I'm trying to do this is so I can record my game play, I tried in unity but the lag with the remote it too big. Switching the video off helped but my game is impossible to play with out it.

Thanks again,

3. theinfomercial

theinfomercial

I need an answer to this too. It's doing the same thing. Is there a trick to using simulator with Unity?

4. Dreamora

Dreamora

the trick is to specify the right iOS version you target at with the simulator in the build settings or better thats the requirement to even stand a chance to go anywhere.

and if the game runs slow with remote, don't expect to get more than 5-10 FPS in the simulator either, it has some serious problems pulling off game in native res, its only good for memory instrumenting if at all

5. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

It is known issue. iOS 4.2 broke Unity's simulator support.
    We are working on fix.

6. theinfomercial

theinfomercial

Yeah, I discovered that recently, and got it working with SDK 4.1

By the way, I'm getting 30+ fps in simulator rather than 5-10. Seems to work just fine. However, it seems mp3 audio doesn't work on simulator (I'm running the app in SDK 4.1 and IOS 4.1). When I play my game, the mp3 audio that's supposed to play on awake, doesn't play.

Does simulator work with audio?

7. vollnull

vollnull

Is there any news about the problem with the simulator? Is there already a patch?

8. andeeeee

andeeeee

According to the bug database, this has been fixed and is scheduled for inclusion in 3.2 (which is currently in beta).